It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Failure: Time To Blame Hackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In light of the obamacare websites colossal failure the administration has blamed pretty much everyone it can think of to pass the buck. When trying to determine truth from spin it's nice to get validation of your sources and once again ZeroHedge comes through.

Obamacare Data Hub Crashes For Second Time In Three Days, Verizon Blamed Again
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/30/2013 05:28

The first and last time a critical data center for Obamacare crashed this past Sunday night, leading to healthcare.gov becoming completely inaccessible.

Once the Verizon wildcard is used a few more time, ostensibly every single day allowing the Obama administration's apparatchiks an explanatory loophole why Obamacare enrollment is in the single digits, then come the Syrian hackers of course.

Now for todays news.

Back in October, when Obamacare's birthing problems first became evident, and when healthcare.gov was revealed as the best website ever built... using ForTran... we suggested that it was only a matter of time before Obama blames the evil, terroristy hackers of the world and mostly of Syria. Moments ago, that just happened.
    U.S. CYBERSECURITY OFFICIAL SAYS AWARE OF ONE ATTEMPTED DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK ON HEALTHCARE.GOV

Good old administration: predictable to a fault. Now go get those evil, terroristy hackers.

ZeroHedge

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Do you think that hackers wouldn't want to derail that site? I would think it would be a high target for hacking for all kinds of reasons. I don't know much about that stuff, or how protected government sites are, but I'm just saying....Why wouldn't it be hacked?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Terroristy hackers
probably got his boys down at NSA on the case.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well hey it's a two for one deal down at the White House. Not only do we get our right to choose to buy a product stripped away, now they can argue in favor of internet censoring and monitoring. Black Friday came early! I'm so proud!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Bassago

Do you think that hackers wouldn't want to derail that site? I would think it would be a high target for hacking for all kinds of reasons. I don't know much about that stuff, or how protected government sites are, but I'm just saying....Why wouldn't it be hacked?

Sure, Hackers are always trying to break in to sites everywhere, but what this piece here is clearly showing, is that the Obama administration can't do anything except blame others, this is what they thrive upon.. Excuses and shifting blame..

When instead, they could be owning up to what a mess they are, and maybe trying to fix it with real solutions, but then that would mean Obama would have to be a real grown-up for a change, and we all know that isn't going to ever happen..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wonder when global warming is going to crash it?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Bassago

No actually I think at the moment everyone (including hackers) are standing around looking at this site saying WTF was that??

The hackers then probably laugh and say "Let's stand back and let it self implode."

They can always go after it if it ever starts working.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Bassago

Well, like, duh!

And don't you think they shouldn't have known and anticipated this ... as well as the potential volume the site could have had ... say, oh, I don't know, 3 years ago?! You know, when they started spending all those billions building the stupid, unworkable thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Would not surprise me in the least to learn of self sabotage where this ACA.

They can try and claim it is the work of hackers; but then how will they
explain this one?

Did The Obama Administration Try To Hide A Key Memo Detailing 'Limitless' Privacy Risks To Obamacare's Website?

We’ve now learned that an important government report detailing “high risks” to
the security of the Obamacare website was concealed from a key official, Henry Chao.

The report is here:
oversight.house.gov...

Note the heavy redactions on Page 2...

They have known for months the site contained LIMITLESS
security risks, yet somehow the key official in charge claims he
never saw this report?

With this administration, of course we are hardly shocked,
they have set the bar so low with all the previous scandals and failures.

edit on 13-11-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why would anyone. want to hack a broken website?
That woukd be like car jacking someone on the side of the road that ran out of gas.......

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

windword
I don't know much about that stuff, or how protected government sites are

Apparently, this site is not secure at all, and has limitless security risks.

Now consider that this site is located at The Terremark Data Center
in Culpeper Virginia, is this not a red flag?

Of course it is expected that this would be a target. That makes
its failure to provide a secure site housing thee most sensitive data
on every U.S. Citizen even more imperative.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Now consider that this site is located at The Terremark Data Center
in Culpeper Virginia, is this not a red flag?

Please forgive my ignorance and naivitee. Why is it's location a red flag?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Syrian ? Nah..
Just some whiz kids hacker paid by the Koch Brothers, Insurance giants, and the NRA.
Of course that group would NEVER do something like that, would they ?
I mean it's not like an entire political party would throw a tantrum just because a vetted by the Supreme Court law was passed.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Ok. Starters :
“If there were a more secure location, you wouldn’t be able to find it.”

But, what is the point of that if the site is a security risk;
why a secure data center but not a secure (web) site?

That is the red flag.

What good is a 10-foot-high fence topped with barbed wire standing at
the outer edge of a 150-foot security perimeter with large earthen berms
if skiddies can enter the back door?

The front entrance to the facility is protected by a
14-inch thick wall of solid concrete. All staff and visitors
must pass through an enclosed “man trap” and several layers
of biometric security before entering the facility.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

sealing
Syrian ? Nah..
Just some whiz kids hacker paid by the Koch Brothers, Insurance giants, and the NRA.
I mean it's not like an entire political party would throw a tantrum just because a vetted by the Supreme Court law was passed.

Yeah right. Pretty much like when the democrats first blamed the GOP for war dialing the site and flooding the phone lines to keep people from getting through. Give me a break.

A more believable scenario is the administration calling the NSA and saying " Hey, how about routing a DDOS attack through Syria to our web site so we don't look so bad."

Notwithstanding the fact that the site doesn't hardly work anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

sealing
Syrian ? Nah..

LMAO...I was wondering how long 'til someone came in and claimed GOP hackers did it.

I mean its not like an entire political party would pass a crappy law that has a POS website as its portal, would they?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Bassago
In light of the obamacare websites colossal failure the administration has blamed pretty much everyone it can think of to pass the buck. When trying to determine truth from spin it's nice to get validation of your sources and once again ZeroHedge comes through.

Obamacare Data Hub Crashes For Second Time In Three Days, Verizon Blamed Again
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/30/2013 05:28

The first and last time a critical data center for Obamacare crashed this past Sunday night, leading to healthcare.gov becoming completely inaccessible.

Once the Verizon wildcard is used a few more time, ostensibly every single day allowing the Obama administration's apparatchiks an explanatory loophole why Obamacare enrollment is in the single digits, then come the Syrian hackers of course.

Now for todays news.

Back in October, when Obamacare's birthing problems first became evident, and when healthcare.gov was revealed as the best website ever built... using ForTran... we suggested that it was only a matter of time before Obama blames the evil, terroristy hackers of the world and mostly of Syria. Moments ago, that just happened.
    U.S. CYBERSECURITY OFFICIAL SAYS AWARE OF ONE ATTEMPTED DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK ON HEALTHCARE.GOV

Good old administration: predictable to a fault. Now go get those evil, terroristy hackers.

ZeroHedge

Do you know what a denial of service attack is? DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks are intended to make a website/host/resource inaccessible to users, typically by consuming some sort of resource. A DDoS could be something as simple as using a large botnet to packet flood. It's not even necessary for the attack to be launched at a site directly--a lot of recent attacks have been conducted by taking out the DNS servers and preventing user's computers from resolving the site's hostname to an IP address.

It has nothing to do with compromised user accounts or data.

A lot of high profile websites have been the targets of DDoS attacks and it's entirely plausible that healthcare.gov has been. I'd be willing to bet that given the resources, some of the people in this very thread would happily do it.

There's a huge difference between a site being the victim of "hackers" due to a DDoS attack and a site being "hacked."
edit on 13-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Do you know what a denial of service attack is?

A lot of high profile websites have been the targets of DDoS attacks and it's entirely plausible that healthcare.gov has been.

I'd be willing to bet that given the resources, some of the people in this very thread would happily do it. There's a huge difference between a site being the victim of "hackers" due to a DDoS attack and a site being "hacked."

First off yes I know what a DDoS attack is.

ATS has suffered quite a few as well if memory serves. They didn't blame a few bugs in the new ATS 5.3 roll out on cyber attacks though. ZeroHedge predicted the cyber threat blame game 2 weeks ago before it happened. I suppose next you may say they are probably behind it?

You did just (somewhat) accuse ATS members of being willing to do just that as well. I can only speak for myself and say no, I wouldn't. But then we wouldn't really need to anyway, since it's broken.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You have proof that this is actually a DDOS attack and not just the stupid thing breaking all of its own?

I mean proof beyond the government's word, of course. We all know what that's worth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

sealing

I mean it's not like an entire political party would throw a tantrum just because
a vetted by the Supreme Court law was passed.

And you think that the SCOTUS judges are beyond reproach?
See your signature for a good idea of how to identify them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join