It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Image Of Saturn Eclipsing The Sun Taken From The Far Side Of The Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hello ATS, this just slipped into my feed--- and it was so moving that I felt the need to share.

Pictures of Saturn have always been the strangest to me, and I still do not know why they appear to be layered in the way they do. I could see how some would even consider them faked, they just look so unreal.
Well if the ones from the past didn't do it for ya, try your eyes on this.

Saturn Eclipsing the Sun:

Note the end: "And marks just the third time our home planet has been photographed from the outer solar system, that we know of."

I'd like to know why Saturn pictures have always looked so damn odd, I know I cannot be the only one to think this way. Compare photos of other planets, and they just don't pop out in the way this heavenly body has always seemed to do.

Sure do love me some Saturn though, hope some here happen to share the sentiments.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Man, these pics always make you understand how insignificant our "problems" really are...
S+F

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

This doesn't look right, considering that Jupiter in this picture is looming in front of entire sections of its rings, which appear in back of it. Am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time. second maybe.)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That image produced by Cassini was discussed back in July on here in these threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some interesting discussions in those threads about this image of Saturn and the Earth.

Here is a link to the image released by NASA/JPL:

NASA/JPL article on the Cassini image

As for why it looks the way it does: it's a composite of 141 images stitched and stacked together. When you do that, you get some interesting looking things (like the rings across the planet).

That said: I agree, images from Saturn are some of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It almost looks fake, like someone drew that on their computer...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I hope I was smiling in that pic. Awesome photo. Not insignificant as I know I am made up of the same stardust that makes Jupiter and the rest of our solar system. To be part of that makes me feel great.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Classic NASA CGI. Nothing exciting....

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

top topics

join