posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
I think I may have beat this thing.
I decided to run a registry clean with CClean first before hunting around for a different registry cleaning program and it looks like I've had
But even as I read through the long list of garbage sitting in my registry, I still didn't notice anything that might be related to this "java
update" malware. Needless to say, I cleaned out everything anyways, rebooted, and then came back to ATS, sat on the intro page for a few minutes to
see if my browser was going to get redirected before logging in and TADA.... no problems !
I'm a happy camper !
And I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall anything.
So just to recap for anyone who runs into the same problem as me:
- Run full, deep scans with your anti-virus program and at least two or three other malware apps.
- Check your Internet Settings in Control Panel to make sure nothing got changed there.
- Check your browser/java/flash directories for any malicious program installs.
- Check your browser add-ons/extensions lists for any unknown malicious app installs.
- Completely clean out all browser history/cookies/cache/temp files.
- Clean out your registry with a safe registry cleaner program (I used CClean).
And then sit back and relish in your success at beating yet another snot-nosed kid trying to screw with your computer/internet surfing experience !