It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea and Christians The Athiest No Spin Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Seoul Documentary

The video above covers a lot of ground including various missions, some history of N. Korea, hidden camera footage trials, the methods they use to deliver materials to N. Korea including the balloon drops, and most importantly the very people, that has been the very speculation of many on ATS.

After first reading this thread here ChristianGroupUsesGiant BalloonsToDropBibles On North Korea.and going through several pages of mental gymnastics defending the actions of this organization I decided to create this thread after reading all the information I could find, and repeating the same things over and over in that thread because the people there just want to tell me how I don't know what I'm talking about, and these Christians are irresponsible wreckless and somehow responsible for the executions of N. Korean people that's posted in this threadNorthKoreapubliclyexecutes80forwatchingSouthKoreanvideos,having bibles all without ever reading the articles the threads were based on.
The video goes into detail how they deliver materials including bibles radios etc. using baloons that burst in rural MOUNTAIN areas NOT VILLAGES. People have to actively go looking for these materials. They are GPS tracked.

Concerning the 80 executions the source article is hereJoonagn Daily there's nothing in the article that indicates this Christian organization was responsible.

I heard every kind of argument and put down towards these Christians, how stupid, ignorant, they are. Its really easy to put down people you don't know anything about except they believe in something you don't agree with.

Rev. Foley graduated Magna cum Laude from
Purdue University in Philosophy,served as
Presidential Scholar at Christian Theological
Seminary, and received a master’s degree in
Applied Communication and Alternative Dispute
Resolution from the University of Denver. He
is the author of Coach Your Champions and The
Whole Life Offering: Christianity as
Philanthropy.
He is currently a doctoral student and
Nonprofit Fellow in the Doctor of Management
Program in the Weatherhead School of
Management at Case Western Reserve University,
where his research centers on the happiness of
North Korean defectors. He is an ordained
pastor of The Evangelical Church of North
America.
Mrs. Hyun Sook Foley serves as President of
Seoul USA, overseeing the Korean office and
fostering Korean-American relations while
drawing attention to and serving the
persecuted church around the world. She holds
graduate degrees from universities in both
South Korea and the United States and is
currently pursuing her doctorate in strategic
leadership at Regent University

This organization isn't some hillbilly backwoods Christians these are highly educated people on a mission taking many risks which they are far more aware of then anyone on ATS! They have tons of material on their website about their missions. What their organization is about who the people are. You have to scour their website to find any kind of way to donate. They have multiple F.A.Q on the harm over zealous Christians can cause, they go into detail the types of Christians and aids projects and outcomes they have. This site doesn't bombard you with religious ads or fire and brimstone I urge anyone who has any doubts about them or wants to know more to visit their site.

If you watch the video read the articles and decide for yourself what people are really doing in this world, and still have a problem I'm posting all the links. They have blogs you can leave comments and send messages that they respond to.
Seoul USA/Korea
Eric Foley Blog Site

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My suspicion, and one that has been expressed by many others here and elsewhere, is that people will accept statements supporting positions already held, and ignore or avoid statements contradicting their belief.

In this case, the belief is that Christians are stupid and religion is harmful. You could post statements from North Koreans saying that Bibles are their most precious possession, they would do anything to get one, and they are tremendously grateful for the balloon drops, and the comments you would receive, if any, would be dismissing the statement as a lie or the speaker as a brainwashed Christian.

You're only hope is to pick the crucial battles and keep trying to get through. The honest people will be grateful for the information, and you may plant a seed in the minds of the rest.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I agree with everything you wrote. When it comes to certain subjects like religion some people are willing to throw every single belief they have out and become completely unreasonable to justify their views even if they aren't based on facts and nothing more than speculation, or the speculation of others.

When I first read about this the story was portrayed as Christians balloon dropping bibles. Just the headline was all the majority needed to portray this story almost as something cartoonish, or some wacky sitcom show about the hijinks of some blowing up these baloons possibly some of them exploding. Yes thats right baloon bombs. Or just blowing them up haplessly sending them off into the unknown saying bon voyage and possibly have them crush people when they fall from the sky yes, different take on the balloon bomb capabilities.

I believed there was more to the story than that. It didn't take but a few clicks and a few minutes of reading to confirm that. Many people were just completely %100 convinced how inept and careless these people are. I said maybe I am wrong. I went past just the articles, just to make sure.
I'm in awe of the things these people are doing. These people have dedicated their lives to helping the most desperate people in the hardest place to live on earth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Kind regards. You said, those Christians burst the balloons in the mountains. Not in villages. The north Koreans have to actively seek out said bibles. Also, you said. Pertaining to the 80 north Koreans, that were killed. there Is nothing in the article linking the balloon/bible drops to those horrible execution's.

If, the balloons carrying the bibles, wasn't sent in the first place. For the north Koreans to actively seek out or stumble upon. And, take back to their village. Hidden or other wise.... Well? Reckless behavior, knowingly, dropping a death sentence to any person in possession of that type of material. Providing , they are aware of the north Korean rulers stand on the west and Christianity. I'm Assuming , they are. because you stated, they are highly educated people.

also, having to seek out the donation button on a Christian site,is a clever campaign to have one think, they don't want any at all. How about, we dont accept donations? Just my two cents.

Good day to all.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

C21H30O2I
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Kind regards. You said, those Christians burst the balloons in the mountains. Not in villages. The north Koreans have to actively seek out said bibles. Also, you said. Pertaining to the 80 north Koreans, that were killed. there Is nothing in the article linking the balloon/bible drops to those horrible execution's.

If, the balloons carrying the bibles, wasn't sent in the first place. For the north Koreans to actively seek out or stumble upon. And, take back to their village. Hidden or other wise.... Well? Reckless behavior, knowingly, dropping a death sentence to any person in possession of that type of material. Providing , they are aware of the north Korean rulers stand on the west and Christianity. I'm Assuming , they are. because you stated, they are highly educated people.

The video goes over the history of Christianity in N. Korea. Christianity exists in N. Korea with or without this organization. You would have to agree that the conditions in N. Korea and the laws of that place are reasonable. They are not. Whether N. Koreans possess bibles or not they are subject to executions, labor camps, and starvation. The "Law" of N. Korea is that if you find this material is to not read it and report it immediately.
The recent executions according to the article revolve around an ongoing "sex scandal".

also, having to seek out the donation button on a Christian site,is a clever campaign to have one think, they don't want any at all. How about, we dont accept donations? Just my two cents.

Good day to all.

There's not a "donation button" you have to search for a way to donate meaning you have to probably want to give them money.... They are non profit... Its not some sort of mindgame they're doing real things.

top topics

join