It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do most people I meet seem completly disconnected?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

No details, just simple questions that have no political or any real standpoint. I just a few minutes ago asked an older lady if she saw Haleys comet not long ago, she gave me this long story of the effort to see it. I asked if she planned on viewing ison, and she said "what is that?" just another example....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I cant function in society anymore because I cant talk to people. The average person lacks insight and depth.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I just a few minutes ago asked an older lady if she saw Haleys comet not long ago, she gave me this long story of the effort to see it. I asked if she planned on viewing ison, and she said "what is that?" just another example....

Haley comet was last viable in 1986 and isn't to be seen until 2061....what the heck is your point?! Maybe she didn't see it -- the fact that you did, doesn't mean you know more than anyone else...

Your examples are reaching to justify your view of others.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Thanks for the enlightenment, There are more posters dragging excuses to the ends of the earth. As any reasonable person would just laugh it off and point to the questioner as an ass, looking down to the masses and proclaim I can't take it anymore) As the great minds of the earth shed insight, maybe I have the wrong channel. I wonder how we got where we are, how an adult run nation can be so off the tracks, how we are the laughing stock of the planet, how America got turned to perfect poop(edited) So I ask myself is the average American a moron or misinformed or just out of touch, and I think I have MY answer. I am not superior to anyone, nor do I think we as a nation are really stupid (not all) Maybe it is just distraction, but my daughter who has only seen this site a couple of times, Knows more of what is going on in this world than most executives I encounter. She attends 2 colleges and works part time so downtime is limited, but she sees these things as the history they will become. If you are not knowing of current events, you are not stupid, just distracted and maybe disconnected. But I will not drag the excuse bag for no one. It still amazes me people do not know some of these things.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Someone give Abe a lude.....I never said anyone was anything, and I never said I saw it either, What I said was what a difference a couple of decades makes.....this is me ignoring the rest of your posts..........................................

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Unfortunately it isn't just a lack of knowledge about current events!
Did anyone see the video of the guy that went out on the street,
& asked people if they heard that Martin Luther King died today?!
It was pretty eye opening! Even worse than the 'Man on the Street'
interviews that they used to do on Jay Leno, I think it was.

But it isn't just current events, it's a whole dumbing down of society in general,
& the way what is thought to be important has changed!
Like someone mentioned, they know who is dating which celebrity,
what fashion is in or out, what song so & so just released, blah, blah, blah.....

I went to a few yard sales this summer, was I ever horrified!
People can't add or make change to save their lives!!!
I went to one & the lady having it must have been easily in her 80's!
She had no help with it, wrote down the price of everything I bought,
& had it added up correctly so fast that I was amazed!
That's the way I remember people being!!!

Went to another sale & the much younger person couldn't add up 3 things,
& had to ask someone else for help making change for a$10 bill!!!
And the prices ended in 5's or 0's, not 8's or 9's!!!
It happened everywhere I went!

Ask a cashier for change sometime after they already have the drawer open,
& the register doesn't do the figuring for them! They can't do it!!!
Very sad, disheartening & scary to witness!
Our society is in turbo decline!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

maybe it is a way they are coping with life?

perhaps these People who aren't up with recent issues choose not to be because they feel powerless to change it?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Wasn`t it Mark Dice that went around asking if people knew Martin Luther King died recently that you were mentioning? This is what I was talking about earlier in the thread as it is just people not knowing much about hapenings around them

edit on 11 06 13 by nergalbanda1 because: Wrong name

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

It just seems to be increasing, but watch out someone will say you are calling people stupid and yourself a self proclaimed know it all. Seriously, your point is well taken, if powerless or do not care or what be the case, you think this is why we are where we are in this mess? It will take a major event to wake up some.....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Maybe 92% of people are involving things in their lives that actually matter? Question is... knowing what ISON is enriches your life how? It's not here, here it is, now it's gone. Wow, what an interesting life you must have to dedicate so much time to a fleeting thing.

And that raises the question as to how disconnected you are to normality. But that's not a bad thing, just a perspective thing from the 92% who have better things or maybe just other things to do.

After all, I could call you disconnected for not knowing what Chiö-tá-kwö-kwe is without looking it up. Just perspective and different interests wouldn't you say?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You ever watch those Jay Leno episodes where he goes out in the street and just asks people simple questions about geography or politics or something, such as "which state is Chicago in? or who is the vice president?" and they'll answer something like "Canada or Hilary Clinton"

Exactly....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think it is hardly surprising that people seem so utterly uninformed. There was recently a bumped thread on ATS which was centred around a survey about science and technology. Only seven percent of the people surveyed, answered all thirteen, entirely rudimentary questions, correctly. Given the staggering level of ignorance required on the part of ninety three percent of people, in order to balls up the answers to simple questions about the world and what happens on it, it is hardly shocking that people strike you as a bit empty headed and disconnected.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It's all about what you coose to believe. It's like there are two different kinds of people on this planet. Those that "know" and those that don't.
edit on 13-11-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ISON? Here's what I know about ISON: It's a comet. The end.

I'll probably be interested in viewing it when it comes time, but until then, I ignore every single ISON thread on ATS (except this one apparently).

I think so little about comet ISON, that if someone were to casually mention it in passing, I would probably not even notice it.

Drills/ Drills happen constantly. Don't care.

The deficit? Been around for a long time and will always be there. The deficit is political lip service.

None of this makes me uninformed or "not enlightened" or any other obnoxious term you might want to use to say, "Why am I some much better than everyone else?"

People have priorities in their lives. Yours appears to be a comet. For others it's family, life, their jobs, etc. That does not make them beneath anyone else, or anyone else better than them. In fact, I would suggest that people who concentrate their concerns on their family and their happiness are MUCh better off than the guy obsessing over a comet...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It would seem that the extreme and dumb have outbred the common, decent folk. I encounter it everywhere. I try to open eyes, but instead I raise eyebrows and they keep their eyes squinted shut. Most of them seem to be either in denial, or just want to be completely oblivious to reality. I can't be around people who are like that for very long. I have to try and surround myself with people who know what's up. Sometimes,(and it may be wrong), but I just call them the 'millennium people' , 'Y' generation syndrome, or "the new people". I think some of those people look down their nose at me and just see me as some paranoid redneck. When/if it all breaks down, I have no doubts that people like them will be hiding behind people like me. That's when they'll get a big, fat "I TOLD YOU IDIOTS SO".

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Everyone has concerns that are close to their homes. I think the trouble is that some people, and I speak from some small measure of experience here, wonder why it is that some people simply have not the wit to think outside the tiny, insignificant boxes they are placed in by their lives. I have personal life issues that play on my mind, both in terms of relationships between myself and my people, and in terms of the bread and butter concerns of every day life. However, I see these things as no reason to abandon all intellectual pursuits.

The simple fact of the matter is, that a human mind is designed in such a way as to be able to process several thousand things at once, so having things going on in a life is no excuse for mental laziness. And do not think that I say that from a position of comfortable disconnection from the realities of life. I work, I have problems, family, just like anyone else. Just today, I was out in town dealing with the nitty gritty, had to end a five year relationship in very trying circumstances, and while I was out, I delivered some samples I took of a residue I found on my window after a storm, to the local museum, whose staff are looking into its chemical make up for me.

There I was, in the middle of an emotional crisis, and still capable of thoughts above my minescule station. So please, do not suggest for a moment that difficult personal circumstances excuse a person from any responsibility to themselves, to further their intellectual progress. Its utter balls, and if I had lived my life with such an attitude, I would never have learned to tie my shoes.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
When I sat down to have lunch and was more or less forced (by the volume of their conversation) to listen three otherwise well-heeled young businessfolk spend their entire lunch period discussing the finer points of the latest Jersey Shore episode a long time ago, it told me all I needed to know about why people are so disconnected.

They are tapped into things that are completely anti-intellectual and anti-real world related. Sure, they have a lot of knowledge about celebrity minutia, but that won't matter when the real world comes calling.

But, TPTB like it that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

So, who says they aren't? Maybe they're not focusing on the things YOU think are important, or things the OP thinks are important (like a comet) but who says they are not focused on many other things? Some are not, that's certain. But to make it sound like "people who are not concerning themselves with the things I find of importance in the world are mentally lazy" is just the normal superiority complex that many around here seem to carry, for no apparent reason, and it's crapola.

The OP is very clear in his intent. If you think different than the OP, you are "completely disconnected" which is a nice way of saying "ignorant" when most of what the OP is using as examples is simple political opinion. Well, except for the comet that will swing by and then be gone (if it even survives it's swing around the sun)and somehow some people's lack of knowledge of ison is evidence of some form of idiocy. It's "I'm superior and I need to let everyone know it" garbage.

Unless you are walking in their shoes, living their life, you really have absolutely no idea what any other person on this planet knows, is interested in, or has a passion for, in life. Having an interest in politics, conspiracy theories, science, technology, or the arts does not make any one person superior to others; it just makes that one person who that person is.

For example, I have a few friends who are really into guns, ammo, and shooting. I am not. Does this make them better than more or me better than them? Obviously not. I love researching American history. To many people that is pretty boring. Does that make me better than them? Hell, no. Does it make them "mentally lazy'"? No, it does not.

Does me wasting an hour or so every few days for kicks on ATS make me better than anyone else in life? No. Does it make you any better? No.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

yes they are connected. connected to the matrix of illusion

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join