It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Assassination: CIA and New York Times Are Still Lying To Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, it's that time of year again—for the 50th time now: The anniversary of the termination-with-extreme-prejudice of the man who tried to out the secret societies and kill the Federal Reserve.

And the mainstream media—the most trusted (and least trustworthy) news sources for the masses—are pouring their energies into the same old lies, the same old false narrative: The Lone Gunman: "Oswald did it!"

JFK Assassination: CIA and New York Times Are Still Lying To Us

We’ll never know, we’ll never know, we’ll never know. That’s the mocking-bird media refrain this season as we commemorate the 50th anniversary of America’s greatest mystery – the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson hijacked a large chunk of her paper’s Sunday Book Review to ponder the Kennedy mystery. And after deliberating for page after page on the subject, she could only conclude that there was “some kind of void” at the center of the Kennedy story. Adam Gopnik was even more vaporous in the Nov. 4 issue of the New Yorker, turning the JFK milestone into an occasion for a windy cogitation on regicide as cultural phenomenon. Of course, constantly proclaiming “we’ll never know” has become a self-fulfilling prophecy for the American press. It lets the watchdogs off the hook, and excuses their unforgivable failure to actually, you know, investigate the epic crime. When it comes to this deeply troubling American trauma, the highly refined writers of the New Yorker and the elite press would rather muse about the meta-issues than get at the meat.

[...]

“A Cruel and Shocking Act” by former New York Times investigative reporter Philip Shenon has been soaking up most of the media spotlight in recent days. The book proclaims itself to be a “secret history of the Kennedy assassination.” Based largely on interviews with Warren Commission staff lawyers, the book reveals how the investigation was immediately taken over by the very government agencies — the CIA, FBI and Secret Service — that had the most to hide when it came to the assassination. The other new book, “History Will Prove Us Right,” was written by Howard Willens, a Warren Commission lawyer who refused to speak with Shenon. As suggested by the title — which is taken from a defiant statement by the commission chairman, Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren – Willens’ book is a stubborn defense of the report that he helped produce. But ironically, after grinding one’s way through Willens’ serviceably written but highly revealing story, a reader can only come to the same conclusion that Shenon’s sexier expose’ demands – namely, that the Warren Report was the result of massive political cunning and investigative fraud.

Both books contain juicy and informative details that shed new light on the JFK investigation. (Shenon’s book also contains a few breathlessly advertised “scoops” that turn out to be rehashed stories or false leads.) But the two books also suffer from a strange cognitive dissonance. After elaborating on the many ways that the Warren Commission’s work was sabotaged by President Johnson, FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover (who immediately took charge of the investigation), former CIA director Allen Dulles (who conveniently got himself appointed to the commission), Treasury chief C. Douglas Dillon (who oversaw the Secret Service) and other Washington power players, the books seem to arrive at the same baffling conclusion as the deeply compromised Warren Report – i.e., that Oswald did it.

[...]

In contrast to the vacillating Shenon, Willens at least has the courage of his convictions. He’s a Warren Commission apologist, pure and simple. And yet in a recent conversation, he sounded somewhat less certain, as we discussed new revelations that his own political patron, Robert Kennedy, never believed the Warren Report and was determined to find the truth on his own.

Fifty years later, Willens still can’t offer a credible motive for why Oswald supposedly killed Kennedy. In his book, he reveals that the commission assigned staff lawyer Wesley Liebeler to write a memo on Oswald’s “Possible Personal Motive” – but the panel found Liebler’s effort so unconvincing that it was rejected. In the end, the Warren Commission decided against offering a definitive motive for the murder, leaving the country forever puzzled by the young man who insisted he was a “patsy.”

[...]

In the years following the Warren Report’s release, several of the commissioners and staff members distanced themselves from their own report and publicly criticized the manifold deceptions of the agencies on which they had relied, namely the FBI and CIA. Among those who suffered grave doubts was lawyer David Slawson, the man who had been the Warren Commission’s lead investigator into whether JFK was the victim of a conspiracy. In 1975 Slawson aired his criticisms to the New York Times, attacking the CIA for withholding vital information from the commission and calling for a new JFK investigation. Within days of the story breaking in the Times, Slawson received a strange and threatening phone call from James Angleton, the spectral CIA counterintelligence chief. Angleton – who had not only closely monitored Oswald for several years before Dallas, but later took charge of the agency’s investigation into the alleged assassin – adopted a decidedly sinister tone during his call with Slawson, making it clear to the lawyer that he would be wise to remain “a friend of the CIA.” Slawson and his wife were deeply unnerved by the call. He thought the message was clear: “Keep your mouth shut.”

[...]

I bring this here—knowing that there are probably hundreds of JFK assassination threads on ATS—in view of the fact that this month marks the 50th anniversary, and because there is actually new information involved.

This is only an informational thread and does not really require much further discussion. I will be back to check in occasionally, mainly as a courtesy to other members....

edit on 11/12/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One thing about it, with all of this recent talk and remembering the demise of JFK by this or that group or outfit beyond the singular efforts of Oswald, that should make Obama a bit more safe given all of the various enemies that he has acquired.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Hmmm... I cannot trust myself to comment....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

50 years and this is still the best we can come up with?!?

It would be a joke if it wasn't so pathetic.

Maybe we ought to organize an "Occupy JFK Assassination Truth" movement?

The good news is that I think people are far more ready to do something like that today when their chains are being jerked. The bad news is that most of them are too young to remember this and all they really know is the crap that comes from the esteemed news organizations (like the ones you've already mentioned), so pulling it together might prove difficult.

On a more positive note, I have seen a lot more good info and videos lately dealing with the assassination. I've been following this with varying degrees of passion for a while, and it's good to see there are still those that care about the truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I don't know if you've seen this:

Hunt's Deathbed Confession Reveals JFK Killers

The thing is, we have a list of those involved and a general outline of the plot. We're pretty damn close to knowing what happened. But a number of the principal players are still alive—which, of course, complicates things.

But that's the most frustrating and maddening thing: An honest, fearless, and united mainstream media could bring the whole thing down around their ears; we could see justice in our lifetime. They could change the world. Unfortunately they're as deeply false and corrupt as their Fascist masters.

And all that leaves is us: A bunch of tinfoil-hatters....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry, everyone: I didn't realize this was no longer available on the Rolling Stone website. Read it here:

The Last Confessions of E Howard Hunt—Rolling Stone Magazine—April 2nd 2007—Erik Hedegaard

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
E.Howard Hunt's confession should have been huge news.It was never even mentioned just like all the other recent revelations.I find it strange how the HSCA and the ARRB discoveries have been ignored as well.Case in point check out this interview with the former chief counsel of the ARRB:Counsel for the JFK review board found many things that were disturbing.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
All you need to know about the Warren Commission is they put Alan Dulles on the commission - a guy who JFK fired and said he was going to "splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds."

It's akin to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed being on the 9/11 Commission.

Complete joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

mike dangerously
E.Howard Hunt's confession should have been huge news.It was never even mentioned just like all the other recent revelations.I find it strange how the HSCA and the ARRB discoveries have been ignored as well.Case in point check out this interview with the former chief counsel of the ARRB:Counsel for the JFK review board found many things that were disturbing.

Yes. Exactly. Here there are TWO new books on JFK's assassination, and yet somehow they are completely unaware of E. Howard Hunt's outright diagrams on his deathbed pointing BY NAME and individual function to the perpetrators?! And given all the people they interviewed and the evidence they did uncover, they STILL come to the conclusion that a lone nut who actually admired JFK was the lone shooter?

Can everyone say A-GEN-DA?

edit on 11/14/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
All you need to know about the Warren Commission is they put Alan Dulles on the commission - a guy who JFK fired and said he was going to "splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds."

It's akin to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed being on the 9/11 Commission.

Complete joke.

Well said—except I'd say more like putting Michael Chertoff on the 9/11 Commission....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Ex_CT2

mike dangerously
E.Howard Hunt's confession should have been huge news.It was never even mentioned just like all the other recent revelations.I find it strange how the HSCA and the ARRB discoveries have been ignored as well.Case in point check out this interview with the former chief counsel of the ARRB:[url=http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/experts/counsel-for-the-jfk-review-board-found-many-things-that-were-disturbing/]Counsel for the JFK review board found many things that were disturbing.

Yes. Exactly. Here there are TWO new books on JFK's assassination, and yet somehow they are completely unaware of E. Howard Hunt's outright diagrams on his deathbed pointing BY NAME and individual function to the perpetrators?! And given all the people they interviewed and the evidence they did uncover, they STILL come to the conclusion that a lone nut who actually admired JFK was the lone shooter?

Can everyone say A-GEN-DA?

The JFK cover-up was the sealing of the final nail for America and true freedom because at that moment the oligarchs had claimed us via control of the military industrial complex Ike so clearly notified us of the impending doom. By learning to control certain aspects of the way the media operated and learning how to fool most of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, they shut out the evidence over and over.

For me it was a coup plain as day and Sr. Bush is at the book depository according to Time-Life magazine that published that one and the photos of Hunt as one of the hobo's. Those pic's are my proof before Hunt confessed. People vilify the JFK Assassination producer Stone over his movie but the author of the book the movie was using is the former DA of New Orleans Jim Garrison and he has credibility with me. Plus, it might explain Oliver's stance on uhmerica, as Jr Bush pronounced it. Now with the liberal power grab really happening in BOTH major parties, we are subject to the very real possibility of marxist/totalitarian ends to the US appearing imminent with the very next major 'crisis'.

Why kill him? He wasn't playing along with the 'master plan' Joe had agreed to for him and for RFK, ditto.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2013 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The carpet bombing of JFK trivia in the mainstream as the 50th anniversary approaches is designed to distract us (once again) from the truth.

The proof of that is the media blitz before the anniversary. And why before? Because the 50th anniversary is supposed to be the date they release a bunch of files sealed by the Warren commission. From what I understand that 50th release is now put of till 2017 (can't remember the source) and I am sure that by that time it will be put off further still. All this rehashed drivel is designed to placate us and bore us to death once again by its preponderance.

How the president died, the magic bullet, missing brain theory, the rifle, the ballistics and grassy knoll, etc., are all complicit in their enticement to keep our heads buried in the trappings instead of the reasons why this happened and who was behind it.

Any attempt to talk about 911 is fraught with the same mystery… how the buildings fell is more important than why.

Have another giant cup of conspiracy.
---
PS: One glittering note… a show called "JFK, The Smoking Gun" making the rounds on cable. Highly recommended. Its so good that the mainstream has added an hour of debunk about it as a trailer whenever it appears. Be observant, be aware. The evidence is there, you just have to sift it.

media.philly.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
New documentary from Channel 5 uk/tv:
Well made and basically says oswald fired two shots from window and a secret service agent in follow up car accidently shot kennedy when he lifted a rifle from the floor of the follow up car.This was also the reason the secret service gathered up all the evidence to hide their mistake.
make of it what you like and the secret service mistake is plausible but i still dont think Oswald was in the 6th floor depository when the shots were fired.

www.channel5.com...
edit on 14-11-2013 by clanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by clanger

Yes it was very good.

I had not realised before that there was a secret service guy in the car behind JFK's who was standing up with a loaded assault rifle. Kind of obvious who fired the fatal shot.

The program suggested he shot JFK by accident, but that would be a bit too much of a coincidence for me, the chance of the bullet hitting him in the head at that distance.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

clanger
New documentary from Channel 5 uk/tv:
Well made and basically says oswald fired two shots from window and a secret service agent in follow up car accidently shot kennedy when he lifted a rifle from the floor of the follow up car.This was also the reason the secret service gathered up all the evidence to hide their mistake.
make of it what you like and the secret service mistake is plausible but i still dont think Oswald was in the 6th floor depository when the shots were fired.

www.channel5.com...
edit on 14-11-2013 by clanger because: (no reason given)

I know of this. Personally, I think it's just more misdirection. Note that for this to be true, then there is no conspiracy (and it's very important to TPTB that we give up on conspiracy)—except a "benign," well-intentioned, and forgivable cover-up.

So no. I'm not buying. Hunt was an out-of-control, off-the-reservation spook extraordinaire—but he knew everyone and he knew everything, and, being the man that he was, I believe his deathbed confession.

Bottom line: Everything else is red herrings, mis- and disinformation, and agenda-driven busy-work. LBJ hated Kennedy and everything the Eastern Establishment stood for. He was a Texas politician—almost by definition a crook and a murderer. We know who did this. There were many willing helpers, all with their own agendas, but we know who did this....

edit on 11/14/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

We know who did this. There were many willing helpers, all with their own agendas, but we know who did this….

Who didn't do this? Kennedy and his brother made the Mob mad, the Cubans, The CIA and FBI, the military the rascist south, Texas oil, etc.

They all wanted to go to war in Cuba (Bay of Pigs), the Soviet Union (missile crisis) and again in Vietnam. Saying "Johnson did this" is like saying Bush "did" Iraq.

Bush was president yes, but it was Bush Senior and cronies Cheney and Rumsfelt. It was the military, big oil, Boeing, Exxon, General Dynamics to name a few. Little George Bush was just a politician and daddys boy.

If you had watched that show, JFK the smoking gun you would see at the end all the evidence that the secret service was complicit in. You would see the excuse that the rifle was fired by mistake was BS.

You would also hopefully tune into the show after where they try to debunk it with an LA cop but fail miserably. So don't buy it. But watch it first. Just watch it.

I came here from another thread that you posted linking here.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

OK. I'll make it a point to watch it.

What I was saying is exactly what you're saying, though: There were indeed many people with many motives. But they waited for LBJ's assent. He gave the nod, and the plot was carried out. The only thing we don't have is the actual series of events, which Hunt does not shed enough light on. Other people—still alive—know the chain of events. We're merely waiting for a "Truth and Reconciliation Committee" (so to speak) for that "official" acknowledgment....

edit on 11/16/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

OK. I'll make it a point to watch it.

Thumbs up. JFKs Bethesda autopsy at the end is the most. I been watching this unfold since hi school in the 70s…

Most compelling. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for your clarification of what I was missing....

new topics

top topics

join