It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World`s Highest Ranking Alien Believer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by The GUT

Your "debunking" source is a fanciful but entirely baseless jumble of unsubstantiated horsecrap. Looking at some of your recent threads I had been considering that you might know what you're talking about. Now I know better. I can see why folks might want this case to be fake, but I'm unconvinced by the efforts. Just my opinion of course.

Carol Rainey, Hopkins' ex-wife also speaks out about the uncertainty surrounding the Linda Cortile case, with an interview segment at her own website, and more information in her article. At this point it's hard to tell what's what, but it helps to be aware of all sides of the story, and to sift through Hopkins' work case by case like anyone.

Even Dr. Mack had someone infiltrate his group to 'expose' how easy it was to pass off as credible, though Mack did state his clients were self-selected and that could carry a bias. Given the nature of the work, it's a given that some can be misleading or reflect other phenomena than the one that appears, layered screen memories, and so on. Even if it turns out to be many or most, all it takes is one case.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pilotx

Agreed. Starred. I certainly don't want to give the impression that I eschew all abduction accounts because I don't. I just have an aversion to cases that might detract from more solid ones.

Many of the books and tales about phenomenology that I read as a young teen later proved to have serious holes and omission of certain factual details and--once I learned that--it made me very keen to really research and hold any account to as much light as possible. I'm not a debunker by any means...but I am picky.

Thank you for that very thoughtful and important reply. I can see you take your research seriously, too.

edit on 13-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Now A Note to CryonicAngel: I see now that you made no claims about Hellyer's credibility, you just pointed out that he was one of the highest-ranking believers. Sorry I kind of bounced hard!!

No need to apologize, my friend

Reason I didnt make my own take on Paul Hellyer, I havent made any research on him yet. I have only seen the video from the citizen hearing from may 2013, and this small interview.
Now that I have seen more and read more about him, I think he tells what people tells him as a period fact, without doing any real research. Its like if someone sends him a document, state that its real, he will then say its real to the public. Not saying everything is he tells is a lie...For me personally, I think some people in the UFO community are using him...
Nevertheless, interesting man...
edit on 14-11-2013 by CryonicAngel because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2013 by CryonicAngel because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join