It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ol' Dirty Bastard Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of this rapper, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity on such a great headline. Oddly enough Spike T.V. had just finished filming a new show "Stuck on ..." where ODB was electronically tied to a contestant who lost money every time they moved more than 10 feet from the celebrity. I understand that Spike plans on running the episode in the near future. ODB was in a recoding studio working on a comeback project when he died.

New York Times
O.D.B., who was born Russell Jones, died on Saturday afternoon after collapsing in a recording studio two days before his 36th birthday. No cause of death has been determined, but already, as often happens, wild anecdotes and bits of speculative biography are threatening to obscure the exhilarating music that won him so many fans.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I wasn't really a big fan, but he was still a notorious figure in the hip hop industry. Weird death, he really wasn't that old.

Rest in peace, ODB.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was a huge fan of ODB and the Wu-Tang Clan. I was fortunate enough to see ALL of them live in concert in San Berdino, California this past summer. It was the greatest concert of my life. I managed to shove my way to the front row of thousands of fans and endured the most intense heat (I can't even describe it).

Hey, I even have a Wu-Tang tattoo on my lower right calf

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I was fortunate enough to see ALL of them live in concert in San Berdino,

...and endured the most intense heat (I can't even describe it).

That must have been one hell of a show. I wasn't particularly a fan of ODB, but I'm still like the Wu in general, and I will always LOVE the 36 chambers album, IMO it's the best they ever did.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
m0rbid

It was great, whenever I make it home tonight I'll post some pics. And yes, 36 chambers is immaculate.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I was a huge fan of ODB and the Wu-Tang Clan. I was fortunate enough to see ALL of them live in concert in San Berdino, California this past summer. It was the greatest concert of my life. I managed to shove my way to the front row of thousands of fans and endured the most intense heat (I can't even describe it).

Hey, I even have a Wu-Tang tattoo on my lower right calf

Wow, fits right in with your political idealology.........

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Wow, fits right in with your political idealology.........

Oil is Jesus? Republican? Democrat? Independent? I'm not sure what you are implying but im going to go out on a limb and say...Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
what the heck did he do? I don't remember him...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I wasn't really a big fan, but he was still a notorious figure in the hip hop industry. Weird death, he really wasn't that old.

Rest in peace, ODB.

That's what happens when you take drugs and drink your liver away.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
That's what happens when you take drugs and drink your liver away.

Hey, unfair comparision! I take drugs and drink my liver away...and I'm in a PhD program! And im not dead...just yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Hey, unfair comparision! I take drugs and drink my liver away...and I'm in a PhD program! And im not dead...just yet.

Give it time man...... give it time.

new topics

top topics

join