It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is now Gotham City, the underclass....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

OP it seems to me you're making this too black and white, kind of like the folks who say all felons should lose rights. There needs to be a shade of gray.

I agree.

What im saying is there is a problem in this nation and its not felonies its something else. If our country is so beautiful then we shouldnt have 20 million felons walking around the US.

People lose sight of the issues at hand due to personal experience or wanting to be right or make someone look like a bad guy.

My felony is violent, its an assault charge. Im 28, so i should either a, go back to jail for the rest of my life, be cursed to work at mcdonalds for the rest of my life, or what?

What am i suppose to do if im left with no choices, if you cant answer that then whats the obvious answer?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Don't forget the lobbyists, & "honorary" judges with those lawyers..

these are but few among hundreds of traitors & outright criminal frauds placed into law perpetrated upon the American People that would vanish in an instant if only America would restore The Original Thirteenth Article of Amendment To The Constitution For The United States

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

On March 12, 1819 the State of Virginia, with the enactment and publication of the laws of Virginia, became the 13th and FINAL state required to ratify the above article of amendment to the Constitution For The United States, thus making it the Law Of The Land.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

g146541

HanzHenry

g146541
reply to post by onequestion

Depending on the felony, some should have been hung.
This would avoid that nasty no rights problem.
Back when justice got served, now we are a kinder and gentler America.

clearly a pompous response.

Really???
Do you enjoy financially supporting rapists and murderers for the rest of their natural lives?
And I am the problem?

what percent of felons do you think are rapists and murderers? maybe 20%

here is a quick search, the data isn't very different since then.

From 1990 to 2002, 18% of felony convictions in the 75 largest counties were for violent offenses, including 7% for assault and 6% for robbery.

DOJ stats

How a society treats prisoners says a lot about itself. I do not like having to pay for prisoners as you say.. but where does that money go?
construction, corrections, food service, nursing, electricity, etc.. those people with jobs are where your ire for "paying" should go.. where the money ends up.

Many people are felons for extremely petty non-violent things. it is FOOLISH who automatically thinks "rapist/murderer" when felon is mentioned. considering they consist of less than a QUARTER of felons..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by infoseeker26754

You really think its that easy? Are you crazy? You did 5 years in prison and got out and got the same job??? Do you work for your father?

Prison, what? Who said you had to put it down anyway? Just change the Time while you were gone to school or helping Mother at home, working self employed, broke both legs, ect... Unless it is a very high paying job all they look for is the gaps in time or what you did with in them years!

Can you make that make sense please?

People like you keep this crap in peoples heads so the good ones out there at least trying to correct the mistakes, you make it harder for them!

How can what im saying make anything harder for anybody? Is this an admission that people in this position do actually have a hard time? I dont collect anything i work my ass off for nothing and you better believe im not lazy.

Spilling the beans about what??? You have no idea your assuming everything.

The end of your post lets me know where your at and who you are.

edit on 12-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

No! Hey, I was good at my job. had it for 1.5yrs; coffee shop before Starbucks on Lairmer Sq in Denver! it would seem if you work hard at your job; was 16, give that 120% instead of 80% and under. You will always have a job!

So, Lets say you just got out of Camp, was there 2 yrs. Now on an app one must fill in the lines of past jobs and dates for any missing work history. Be creative and fill in the Missing/Jail/Prison/etc and put something like Self Employed, Mother was sick and had to take care of her. Now have a name and # IF they call and back up the story!

No. People only have a hard time with money if they go out to eat 3/4 times a week, see a movie 1 time a week, drive everyday instead of carpooling, bus, bike. At home, your not in the room turn off the lights! Buying stuff on credit cost way more then saving it up and then buy it. Keep your heat down to 62, in winter!

Said nothing at court, or did not turn on anyone! Best to say nothing period! It is wise to at least say your name though.

Oh that! Never hear of an Mexican complain that it's hard! Most do pay taxes! A job is a job no matter what. As long as your at least making something, you might find something better later.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ok... your last post made a lot more sense.

Maybe your right i need to scale it back. Your not the first to say that.

That still doesnt change the fact that there are 20 million felons in america and that there might be a deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

No. People only have a hard time with money if they go out to eat 3/4 times a week, see a movie 1 time a week, drive everyday instead of carpooling, bus, bike. At home, your not in the room turn off the lights! Buying stuff on credit cost way more then saving it up and then buy it. Keep your heat down to 62, in winter!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

onequestion

Ok... your last post made a lot more sense.

Maybe your right i need to scale it back. Your not the first to say that.

That still doesnt change the fact that there are 20 million felons in america and that there might be a deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

The problem really is; its to easy being locked up on both sides of the coin! States lock people up for almost any charge just to get the Fed Money and being in the Big House is to Soft!

People would not go to prison if they knew you have nothing but Books! Lock down 23 hrs no TV, Tunes, canteen; except stamps and paper! The system is set up that way so the more the better! Now school, is a plus for the ones who never want to go back. Still only an option though, nothing is Ever requidered in prison! Except TX!

You get Life; funny how you can get 5-10 life terms yey have to Do nothing! Might as well Put them on the front line in a war! Then if they Man Up for 4 yrs in a war, let them go! If you want to save Tax Dollars anyway! So far the return rate is just about nill, or 2.3 %! Of People learning their lession in the first place!

By the way, their is more drugs, crime, and money in the prison system anyway. So How did it Get in there in the first place? Visits should be behind a glass wall, period! Even the phone company makes mill's on collect calls; was $15 just to make a call back in my day and that does not count min's!

And in todays world, anybody who farts goes to jail really! Well almost, so it would seem we are all going to spend some time in jail someday.All about the money really and states have to find a way to get it!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Awesome post. Youve been on the inside so you can offer a unique perspective.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by onequestion

20 million people who are oppressed and deserve a second chance!

I tend to agree that many people with a felony deserve a second chance. Are you going to take into account the high rate of recidivism seen with felons though? Many get more than one second chance. I know there are of course a ton of people that make a big mistake in their younger years and turn their lives around, but there are also quite a few who go back to their old tricks again.

The problem here is that you get out you don't get a second chance. And i am sorry but getting a job selling coffee doesn't qualify as a second chance. Recidivism rates are high in part because it is near impossible to break out of the economic prison a felony locks you into.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join