It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini new images of Saturn shows Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Stunnig new image of Saturn sent by Cassini where is also possible to see the Earth and Moon, Venus and Mars.

Just wonderful to think this is a machine that was made by man here on Earth and is now so far away from home doing its job sending us this kind of data...

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 12-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
S/F!!!
Awesome visual. Today I was investigating the satellites' different altitudes, as in, which ones orbit at which altitudes......
and how fast and how big they are.

Have you seen 'Gravity' yet? Yeah, yeah....I know - the scientific inaccuracies are well established and published....

but the film prompted me (I've seen it twice now - both times 3D, one in an Imax theatre) to look into Suyoz, the ISS, and orbits assigned to various satellites.

Fascinating.

edit on 11/12/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, I`ve seen Gravity already in 3D. I loved the view of Earth from space

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Nice, finally the full mosaic from NASA. It's from that recent PR campaign showing the Earth and the Moon beneath the Saturn's rings. I wondered when they get to releasing the full version.

Here's an image I created myself from the raw Cassini images at saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

But assembling the full mosaic required a lot of work, so kudos to NASA for doing this.

P.S. speaking of raw images, here's a recent one, showing the gorgeous backlit rings and the "ringshine" on the dark side of Saturn itself: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Gotta love these images. When are we going to have trourist space cruises to Saturn, to see this with our own eyes!

edit on 12-11-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Just beautiful

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Today I watched three youtube vids:
One was a tour of the ISS (about 55 mins), and the other two were "views of earth from the space station", one with labels of countries and coastlines;

the other just views;

Here's the one with the tour:

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Cool, thx for sharing
....Just imagine one be able to go for a ride kind of George Clooney did in Gravity

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Great image - S&F - thanks for posting it.

Hands down, the Cassini spacecraft/mission is one of my favorites. The pics and data it has sent back have been incredible.

Not to drag anything ET related into this thread, but I found the very short video below regarding the radio emissions picked up by Cassini's radio & plasma wave detectors just amazing. Supposedly the "musical tones" are caused by meteoroids striking the icy chunks of Saturn's rings. The music was created by reducing the frequencies of the emissions uniformly by a factor of 5 to bring them into the range of human hearing.

Whether it actually means anything is for greater minds than mine to ponder. Hopefully you'll find the music to be a really pleasant brief interlude in your day. I smile whenever I hear it - thanks Cassini. (The "speech" part, not so much but to each his own).

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Amazing tones. Alien talk or space melody by saturn and the rings brothers, lol

edit on 12-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

wildtimes

Today I watched three youtube vids:
One was a tour of the ISS (about 55 mins), and the other two were "views of earth from the space station", one with labels of countries and coastlines;

the other just views;

Here's the one with the tour:

Amazing.

Thanks for sharing those

Awesome. When I saw it on NASA site at the first time I thought it's a painting.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And just to think on how it's all faked and just how many bright
minds have been sucked in is overwhelming.
It is amazing what they can do with computers.

new topics

top topics

join