It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three 20-Year-Olds Make Their Own WORKING Obamacare Site – In Just Three Days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Let me just put it to you guys this way.

In my line of work, the best possible customer that I could land would be a government bid. Where Uncle Sam actually provides the funding for certain projects, it's the best you can get.

Why? It's simple, because Uncle Sam just don't give a rats ass how much you spend.

If say.. that they have a $4 million dollar budget, as long as you don't quote them over $4 mil, no one gives a flying monkey's ass about the pricing.

For instance, if you could have completed the project with just $2 million, you can easily mark it up to $3.6 without Uncle Sam ever utter a word of complaint. And you can bet on it that there's no one they use to audit you or review the service you provided, whether if the dollar amount spent is justified.

On the off chance, that you do go over budget, no biggie, we'll just request for MOAR!!!

The moral of the story is, the U.S. of A. government, has the most absurd and ridiculous forms of check and balances.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you went to a DMV or any government agencies? Did you ever pay attention to the working attitude of most government workers? They clock in at 9am, their brains didn't really clock in until probably 11am or lunch time. Afterwards, they go into a food coma and just a constant non-stop slow down of productivity, then they leave at 3pm because they need to go pick up their kids from school.

You know, my mom and dad always told me that I'm in the wrong business. For what I'm putting out right now in terms of effort, blood/sweat, I could easily bank working for ANY government position.

Actually, if not government, probably just work for some Union.

The last I checked, Union trash collectors at Long Beach Port makes 6 figures as a starting salary. I think the trash collectors makes about $190,000 and could go as high as $380,000 a year. UNION UNION UNION.

So... when you can explain to me, why our government hires this kind of people, when you can explain to me how a trash collector could make 6 figures, I'll explain to you how 20 year old kids can design a web site that is better than a $640 million funded web design project. The answer would be the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would bet that the real cause of functionality mishap of the signup, is that the government in all it unworthiness has taken, "paranoid control freaks" to a whole new level, by asking for impractical and "to big to sail" tasks to be implemented by the developers. ( I still think the developers are just thieves in disguise. )

They most likely want another depository of everyone's personal information in one location, which is the only way they will get it working right [or so they'll say].

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

You are absolutely spot on with your assessment.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's the Government for ya. Remember they are the ones who buy a toilet seat for $600 dollars a piece. That's probably more these days. The price of everything continues to rise.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The more I think about, why enter any personal information at the government site at all? People have been applying for and receiving insurance for decades through insurance agents. It's the insurance companies who are gaining clients through Obamacare and have done no work at all. Why not just an informative ( still could be interactive ) and directional site that sends you too the chosen insurance company's agent, who does his/her thing and signs you up with the chosen plan.
edit on 13-11-2013 by RandomNameGoesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Some of these comments show that most people have no clue what goes into a website of this proportion. This is not Facebook or Twitter where users gradually increased over the years. This is a site where when it opened on day one, it was hit by over 1million visitors! No company in history can say the same, as when FB and twitter first started they had merely 100s of users at the most. The first time something is done, there will always be complications.

Just know, if you do not have years of an extensive background in web programming and design, you DO NOT know what you are talking about regarding this.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow that amazing !!
Do they have Oil Barons and Insurance giants
paying hackers to hack their site too ?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Three times today you've posted this theme.

I'll play along, but I have a counter-accusation. I believe hedge fund managers/currency speculators are paying for the site to be "hacked". Being unhappy that the ACA didn't go far enough and bring us single-payer, they're trying to bring it down to push healthcare further in that direction.

I just said it, it must be true!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thank you for the dose of reason. As someone who has worked in software quality assurance his entire adult life I cringe when someone uses the ACA website problems as an example of the states incompetence.

The state showed its incompetence when they passed the law not when they launched the site, the launch was simply par for the course when it comes to releases.
edit on 13-11-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Read the comments from the HHS blog.
While someone is claiming it is getting better, the comments section is telling another story.
What a debacle.

www.hhs.gov...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

The free enterprise model is more efficient, more cost effective, and requires thought, where the government backed model is inefficient, not cost effective, and has yet to have anyone think about what they are doing?

Is that right?

Wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Vortiki
I took computer science for a completer years ago in high school.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that no competent student would have graduated their website design class without being able to create such a website.

Web design code (html) is literally the easiest programming language to learn. So easy, in fact, most teenage kids these days know enough html to successfully edit their own facebook, myspace, whatever.

The fact that someone took hundreds of millions of dollars to do what a few teenagers could have done in a couple days with a 24 pack of Mt Dew is nothing short of disgusting. These people should be taken to prison for fraud.
Stop posting misinformation. HTML is not a programming language, it is a markup language. http protocol is static and so is html. There is no way these dudes could code something like that using html, let alone in 3 days. Teenagers edit their facebook using html, like how? Knock on facebook doors and ask: "Let me me sit down and edit my profile markup that PHP generates upon request to my profile id, thanks, bye". Kiddies like you should get FIRED/banned for posting crap like this and making ATS look amateur.
edit on 13-11-2013 by killerkyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It also cracks me up how all the news channels & papers are making such a big deal about how only 100,000 people have signed up for the health care program. NO #, the freaking site isn't working. Common sense would tell anyone the number of people signing up would be low. But they will go on and on about it for weeks.

Mean while, congress isn't doing a freaking thing about anything else that needs to be done. Because they are purposely letting this situation distract them ( and the people ) from doing the job they are supposed to be being paid for.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphetZoroaster

Congress not doing anything is hardly a shock, but what exactly is it they're not doing that you're alluding to?

2nd

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We all know most of this 600+ million will be spend on black projects dont we? For that money they couldve made thousands of the same kind of sites. No they build one. Really

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Having tried to use the healthcare.gov site to no avail, this site should ease those Americans that need insurance.

Disclaimer - I get Tricare, so I'm one of the exempted few.

Wanting to get coverage for my kids (Tricare is very strict about age, they don't qualify with Tricare, but do with ObummerCare) I tried to get more coverage that would make my total benefits cheaper and at the same time cover my kids.

My only option before OssamaCare was to use the wife's coverage....which was 420 a month for a family coverage. That 420 a month would be capped at 20K a year for paid coverage, while paying 30% for copayments.

From what this site has quoted, not verified yet (haven't called it in), the monthly payments would be half that with the same copay, but there is no cap for coverage...there is a cap for total out of pocket costs instead.

To me, this is a win-win....until I actually call the state market I'm sure.

But this site does make it easy as heck to find a possible plan you need. It just gives you the plan you've selected and gives a phone number for you to call... All you need to do is instruct the 'agent' that you want X plan.

Why the ObamaKare site can't do that - beyond my understanding.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I live in a small town of 4,534 people. Our local hospital held a "sign up for health care" day, offering free help, coffee, donuts, and four free drawings for dinner out at a nice restaurant and a free movie ticket. Only 7 people showed up that entire day! Not even the prospect of free dinner, movie, coffee, or donuts could draw in a crowd. The hospital administrator went on the local news that night with a sad face and said that they didn't understand why they couldn't get the crowd in the door, then said they were going to hold another sign up day, giving the community a chance to come by and sign up. Once again they offered free coffee, donuts, and the free drawings and only 13 came by. So in total out of our community of 4,534 people, only 20 people showed up. The general consensus around here is that people are fed up and don't want to participate in this at all!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

PlatinumShatinum
Read the comments from the HHS blog.
While someone is claiming it is getting better, the comments section is telling another story.
What a debacle.

www.hhs.gov...

They can't even get it right, applying over the phone! What a mess. I'm starting to think that this whole thing was purposefully designed to NOT work.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Any kid remake the front-end or UI of the Obama site. The problem is the server/back-end architecture that is responsive and can handle millions of people at once and I don't believe that few kids at home can re-make in couple days.

Even though it's a very complicated architecture it's not worth the years and 650+ million plus spent of tax payer money. With a small team of 3-4 people I've could of delivered this in 6 months and less than $600k.

This should be blatantly obvious of the fraud that is going on here.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

seeker1963

The Obama Administration has spent multiple years and over $634 million to build the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov. Despite all of the time and money poured into the site, it still remains broken and glitchy.
Meanwhile in San Francisco, three 20-year-olds were able to build their own Obamacare website that actually works — and they did it in just three days.
Ning Liang, George Kalogeropoulos and Michael Wasser built HealthSherpa.com, which presents the Obamacare marketplace in a much simpler, more effective manner than HealthCare.gov does.

Three 20-Year-Olds Make Their Own WORKING Obamacare Site – In Just Three Days

Excuse me, but you ARE exaggerating a bit here..

If I simply follow the links you yourself provide, I am taken on a journey along shadowy websites, of whom the respectability may be doubted. But let's assume they are all owned by God-fearing, truth loving all American church-going upright members of the USMC (whom BTW volunteer in the fire department on Saturdays) and whom would rather be shot dead than caught on a lie. So, after some clicking through I end up on a page that says:

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov and its related systems is difficult to determine due to the expansive nature of the project and the murky details in federal budgets. But based on the figures and details available, here is my best estimate of what this flawed system has cost us: The most clear data comes from a U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report from June (pdf), which states that the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) spent “almost $394 million from fiscal year 2010 through March 2013 through contracts” to build the “federally facilitated exchanges” (FFEs) – the complex system that includes Healthcare.gov as well as certain state-based exchanges – the data hub, and other expenditures related to the Obamacare exchange system. While GAO states that the “highest volume” of that $394 million was related to the development of “information technology systems,” a more detailed look at that cost shows that a portion that $394 million was spent on things like call centers and collection services. Take that out, and you’re left with roughly $363 million spent on technology-related costs to the healthcare exchanges – the bulk of which ($88 million) went to CGI Federal, the company awarded a $93.7 million contract to build Healthcare.gov and other technology portions of the FFEs.

Even according to your own sources, it is most certainly NOT true that the crummy website has cost you almost 700 million dollars. Not even a lousy 93 million, as that was what y'all over there had to pay for the entire infrastructure (including said FFE's). To be honest, it's unclear how much it has cost ya.

But still, it's a lot of money. Seems that he overhyped market economies do not work in these cases (well, not for the common man, but I guess the CEO's of that Canadian company beg to differ). Man, it seems they couldn't even find an American company that was able to build all this for less.. so they had to use the services of the Canadians..

edit on 14-11-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join