It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three 20-Year-Olds Make Their Own WORKING Obamacare Site – In Just Three Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Obama Administration has spent multiple years and over $634 million to build the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov. Despite all of the time and money poured into the site, it still remains broken and glitchy.

Meanwhile in San Francisco, three 20-year-olds were able to build their own Obamacare website that actually works — and they did it in just three days.

Ning Liang, George Kalogeropoulos and Michael Wasser built HealthSherpa.com, which presents the Obamacare marketplace in a much simpler, more effective manner than HealthCare.gov does.

Three 20-Year-Olds Make Their Own WORKING Obamacare Site – In Just Three Days

I always new deep down that the tax payer money spent on this ACA website was nothing more than a misappropriation of tax payers money, bases on crony capitalism, but this article proves that our government officials could care less about the unlimited bank of the tax payers that they willfully piss away.

Be it the Democrats whom are in charge OR the Republicans, we are all nothing more than serfs in a Feudalistic system, where those we elect do nothing more than spend our hard earned money, like drunken sailors! (No disrespect to current or former members of the Navy intended, just a saying)

Edit: Now imagine if the government would have just offered 1/4 a million dollars to each of these three young people to do this!!!! Nope! We have to spend MUCH MORE, to a company we are friends with at a HUGE cost difference just because!!! No worries, our stupid citizens will believe any excuse we give them!
edit on 12-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I took computer science for a completer years ago in high school.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that no competent student would have graduated their website design class without being able to create such a website.

Web design code (html) is literally the easiest programming language to learn. So easy, in fact, most teenage kids these days know enough html to successfully edit their own facebook, myspace, whatever.

The fact that someone took hundreds of millions of dollars to do what a few teenagers could have done in a couple days with a 24 pack of Mt Dew is nothing short of disgusting. These people should be taken to prison for fraud.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

I made a thread awhile back on how much Blizzard Entertainment spent on making World of Warcraft. WAY less money to do what they did compared to the fraud and embezzlement of tax payer money that was used and is STILL being spent to correct the errors of the ACA website!

Nice to hear from someone like you with some experience!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No big surprise here, but I gotta ask the question:

Have they simulated millions of people attempting to use their website at once without it crashing?

Because as I was under the impression that- that was the biggest issue.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Have they simulated millions of people attempting to use their website at once without it crashing?

You do have a point with that question.

My issue is the money being spent for reprogramming! I have yet to see a report on the system needing to be upgraded due to inadequate system mechanics of the hardware type.

Everything I am seeing is based on piss poor programming errors. Software seems to be the issue, not hardware.

Plus, you can't tell me the NSA knows how to spy on everyone in the country, but yet HHS doesn't have a clue as to building a system to handle nothing more than exchanging information from point A to point B.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A room full of chimps could have programmed this site in less than a month.
A jar of mayonnaise could eventually build a site like this in half a year.
They just ripped us off for almost a billion dollars and no one is going to jail.
It's good to be the king

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's the big difference between the two sites...

Currently, users must enter all of their personal information into the HealthCare.gov system before even getting a quote. On HealthSherpa.com, however, users only need to enter their zip code to see all of the plans and available pricing.

You shouldn't have to set up and account to window shop.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What if,,, there was a group of powerful people who did not wish to see ObamaCare enacted, and they hacked the fully functioning website and disabled it. Seriously, the gubberment has the means to hire the most talented web designers evah. What went wrong???

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Now you open up another can of worms!!!

Being this is ATS and a conspiracy site, does it not seem odd that you have to give so much personal information to just get a quote? Could the purpose of freely giving the government all of this information have a more nefarious reason other than getting health insurance?

It makes more sense to get the quote, THEN give the personal information to the actual Health Insurance Company that you choose to do business with right?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

ThinkingCap

I don't understand computers "AT ALL" , but I'm reading that just over 50 thousand
people actually signed up for Obama care.

So I'm thinking millions of people crashing the site might be disinfo.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

seeker1963

The Obama Administration has spent multiple years and over $634 million to build the Obamacare website.

I guess someone has been Trolling us than as we all know... (thought) the $634m has been spent elsewhere probably gone to Obama Team because as some ATS'er have said on this thread People are making there own web sites all the time and this stuff isn't as hard as the people think.
$634 think about it i mean its a bit of code and some images Maybe people to employ to take orders still not come to 1million
.Put it one way if my ugly mug was on the front of the product I'd want my cut.

I am learning myself on how to build Android applications and its all coming from places like YT and with coding like XML and java its not as complex as you might think.

YouTube = Free Education

edit on 12-11-2013 by coolcatt because: Drinking and Ats is not good kids

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Could the purpose of freely giving the government all of this information have a more nefarious reason other than getting health insurance?

I doubt it, but it's yet another place for your personal information to be compromised.

It makes more sense to get the quote, THEN give the personal information to the actual Health Insurance Company that you choose to do business with right?

Absolutely. And it requires a much smaller amount of computing resources to simply display rates. I think these kids did a bang-up job.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
they can see the date on the coins in your pockets from space
the only reason the Obananacare website didn't work is by design

just ask snowden...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

ThinkingCap

Seeing as how it was mandatory, you would think the "geniuses" in the government could have a bit of forethought and let people log in little by little. From this SS #, to this one between these days, etc. There are ways that they could have slowed down the traffic if they thought ahead a little.
That being said, hindsight is 20/20.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I can easily hire a few morons who can make me a website....whats his billion dollar excuse??

My opinion is most politicians are total douches....he only tows that line.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

superman2012

ThinkingCap

Seeing as how it was mandatory, you would think the "geniuses" in the government could have a bit of forethought and let people log in little by little. From this SS #, to this one between these days, etc. There are ways that they could have slowed down the traffic if they thought ahead a little.
That being said, hindsight is 20/20.

Couldn't they just of had a state by state sign up. I mean didn't the government a count for the mass sign up in the design process.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Because its a Canadian company I bet it allows them to skirt around any privacy protections.
They could make many millions more just selling info to marketers.
This whole administration has been a sham from the get-go, come to think of it the 8 before Obama were too.
The first thing Dubya did in office was give everybody a tax rebate because they supposedly had a budget surplus.
12 years certainly took care of that problem.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think everyone knows that this debacle has to be on purpose. No one is this incompetent.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Read the story.
They made a website that only gives out rates.

They did not have to build any of the backend interfaces to the myriad of government agencies that were required by the contract.

Health Sherpa doesn't try to do the more complex operations that the government site will offer - such as actually applying for insurance coverage.

But it does provide a more streamlined way of searching through the plans, and it is actually up and running.

However kudos to them for actually building a great website. And one using open source software.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Maybe they should use squarespace?

Wait let me get my 2 year old brother to come program it for them...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join