It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*very* mysterious mound in Russia. a cone where no cone should ever be!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
hi all.

on englishrussia.com, I found this blog post and the link.

englishrussia.com...

This amazing place was found by one geologist from Irkutsk in summer 1949. It was a huge convex truncated cone with an upper horizontal section. Inside it had a funnel-shaped recess with a dome-shaped hill right in the middle.

It was clear the geologist found a unique natural formation which didn’t resemble any others. It was called the Patomsky crater after the river in the watershed of which it was located.

The first expedition took place only last year. One of its members mysteriously died of a heart attack when came close to the crater…
When the first color photos of the crater were presented to the public it created a furore in the world of science. There appeared numerous versions: from secret Gulag’s mines to a spontaneous nuclear explosion of uranium ore.

Alas, but the version with the Tunguska meteorite turned out to be wrong too. They managed to determine the age of the crater more precisely according to the cuts of the trees around. Scientists concluded that the crater was about 250 years old.

It was experimentally proved that some cylindrical object lies under the Patomsky crater and the length of this object is about ten meters.

also they showed that there is not a trace of any volcanic activity for hundreds of kilometers.

the crater rises and falls. trees grow faster on it, and around it. there is little radiation.

?????

yet another mystery in the deep Siberia lands. Alien artifact, ancient cultures, or soviet recent secret-stuff?!

I present this all to you all....freestone

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Pics or this isn't anywhere. A cone in Russia? Now I know the next venue for Pussy Riot to perform.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've heard rumours that Ark of the Covenant is buried under the surface.

It was experimentally proved that some cylindrical object lies under the Patomsky crater and the length of this object is about ten meters.

edit on -060011America/Chicago4pmth13113004 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

link   

here is a photo.

freestone

link   
Very interesting find.

The crater does remind me of a slag heap that can be found near old mines and I noticed this is something that has been considered. The cylindrical object that is contained within will probably raise more questions than answers.

Have there been similar finds in the region?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

here is another, closer

they say no work camps are anywhere nearby. no mines either.

freestone

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cool ! That looks like a giant nature´s formation of potholes which were formed in ice age.
Pothole
But whole lot bigger.. radiation ??? maybe its hidden nuclear missile...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Makes me think of an ejecta mound caused by meteorite impacts...
edit on 12-11-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I have seen this before, something interesting indeed, but the lack of growth on the mound itself suggests it can not be really old, the thing reminds me of a giant mole hill that has collapsed back into the hole beneath after so another possabillity is a subterranean explosion like a bubble of gas trapped under the earth that has risen to the surface then collapsed back as the pressure is released creating the ring with the dome in the middle.
Still if there is something under it I would like to see the Data and wonder if it is being excavated at all, the general shape looks like an obligue impace from the side but that is because of the topography of the terrain so I tend not to think impact crater (at least not from any shallow angle, though a steep angle could produce such and it does make me wonder at the other possability, a piece of cold war soviet space technology falling back to earth, a rock analysis by a professional would be able to tell if the rock had recieved a sudden shock but the crater and its central structure are raised above there surroundings so could this also be a destroyed structure.

I know this is remote but as pointed our by the next comment it should be investigated as it also may indicate large pockets of natural gas, some of which may have been released by geological activity.
A kind of mini gas volcano.

FORGET WHAT I HAVE JUST POSTED ABOVE, this is definetly an oblique impact craper of some kind, just took some more time looking at your photos, I would suggest something powered into the ground but slow enough as not to vaporise the rock or spread a fan shaped ejecta of material, perhaps it was deliberatly crashed into the ground so as not to fall into our hands. This is really interesting.

edit on 12-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: Because my own preconception got in the way of the obvious facts.

edit on 12-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is far more interesting than the Baltic Sea Anomaly. I wonder if Ocean X is going to go land based for this one.......

I am super curious why no one has done any digging. Were this in my backyard I would have to grab a backhoe and dig into that dome.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Cool find, S&F

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
don't remove the plug the big ants will get ya

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Very strange.What did this thing.Was the question that came into my mind...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Thats really cool flagged and stared.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Its obviously and area,, as seen from above,,,where their is in-due-bidly,, a

GRAVIMETRIC,, annomally,, due too the gravitational pressures, being excreted, on the said area.

yup gravity,, cool,, said newton,,, i'm not seeing the,, nevermind.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

yes,, very mysterious,,oohhh ,,freeky,,cool,,,no one knows why,,,insert ghost sounds,, lol

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If I remember correctly there was another thread dealing with this mound not too long ago.

Not that this thread shouldn't have been started as it's very cool and worth re-visiting. But IIRC there was some pretty good info included there based on some scientific and "other" studies that may help answer some questions.

Of course, I'll be damned if I can remember the title let alone provide a link, but a search here should turn up something.

If I find it, I'll post the link.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Is there any mining activity in the area? My first thought was that it looks like a spoil heap of some kind.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have seen this before, something interesting indeed, but the lack of growth on the mound itself suggests it can not be really old
reply to post by LABTECH767

Unless it is really acidic?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there it is.
www.abovetopsecret.com... in case the link-posting does not work.

they say a spaceship landed there. i will go read it now....

freestone

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join