It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: 'President Should Honor the Commitment' and Let People Keep Their Insurance Plans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Former President Bill Clinton believes that President Obama should keep his promise that those who liked their health insurance coverage before the Affordable Care Act became law could keep that coverage -- even if it means changing the law, he said in a recent interview.

www.cbsnews.com...

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Bill 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman' Clinton should stop being treated like an Elder Statesman and slink back off into that Arkansas hole he and his witch of a wife crawled out of.

Man am I getting tired of these people being treated like they're relevant, or have any possible right to comment on present governmental issues. How much of our current screwed up everything is Clinton's doing? Ask him about that.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Wow! Keep his word huh? I guess he should know: 'I did not have sexuall relations with that woman......today......so far.....in the Old Testament sense......'

Change the law? I have yet to meet anyone who even knows what is all in that beast. On top of that, there was a ton of built-in leeway for implementation. That sound byte sounds good but means nothing at the nuts and bolts level.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
like anyone with a brain cares what a former govt. liar has to say.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

With friends like Bill Clinton.....

This move by Bill may be to set up Hillary to be asked the question by a reporter, and stake out her own ground. 2016 pulls like a magnet.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by capone1

This move by Bill may be to set up Hillary to be asked the question by a reporter, and stake out her own ground. 2016 pulls like a magnet.

Would be pretty funny for Hillary to run on a platform of fixing Baracks messes.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

Aleister
reply to post by capone1

Would be pretty funny for Hillary to run on a platform of fixing Baracks messes.

She is far from stupid. Support him on the popular, give advice to him on the unpopular, with Bill smiling broadly looking like the Cheshire Cat.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

The only way Obama can "let people keep their insurance" is by forcing the insurance companies to keep policies that they want to phase out.

I'm all for it...let's give Obama that power...I just can't wait to hear the Republicans pushing to give Obama the power to be able to tell a private company what they can and can't do.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

The only way Obama can "let people keep their insurance" is by forcing the insurance companies to keep policies that they want to phase out.

I'm all for it...let's give Obama that power...I just can't wait to hear the Republicans pushing to give Obama the power to be able to tell a private company what they can and can't do.

Hell... "Obamacare" has already given him that power! That's why Republicans, and many others, are already so pissed off.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 919America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-12T15:04:19-06:00Tuesdayu19America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Everyday I come here and read posts like this that make me go back and double check the site motto. Still says deny ignorance though.

So let me get this straight according to you, insurance companies are willfully just running around dumping millions off of their paid policies all willy nilly because they want to? No, it's because under the ACA, the new law requires them to drop policies because they do no meet the required "coverages". The insurance companies have no choice.

Also Obama does in fact already posses the power to change it through executive order. Might be heavily frowned upon, but he can still do it, he just chooses to watch people suffer financially.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Hell... "Obamacare" has already given him that power! That's why Republicans, and many others, are already so pissed off.

And that's the irony...because that is what you are hearing the Right Wing demand of him right now.

It so beautifully ironic...I love it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

So let me get this straight according to you, insurance companies are willfully just running around dumping millions off of their paid policies all willy nilly because they want to? No, it's because under the ACA, the new law requires them to drop policies because they do no meet the required "coverages". The insurance companies have no choice.

Nope, it actually doesn't. As long as those plans existed before May 2010 and haven't significantly increased costs, they are grandfathered in and can continue to be offered.

But nothing in the ACA required insurance companies to continue to offer these plans, so they are cancelling them and attempting to move their customers to more expensive plans right off the bat. Look at some of the letters sent out.."We are sorry, we had to cancel your old policy, but don't worry...we enrolled you in one of the new policies so you don't have to do anything." It just so happens that the plans they auto enroll them in are not the best plans for those people...but they have the highest premiums.

Also Obama does in fact already posses the power to change it through executive order. Might be heavily frowned upon, but he can still do it, he just chooses to watch people suffer financially.

No, he doesn't.

He can alter the implementation of the law by executive order, but he can't force insurance companies to keep plans they don't want to keep by executive order.

Tell me, have you heard the insurance companies complaining that they wish they could keep offering this plans but they can't? All they have to do to keep offering these plans is absolutely nothing...just let them continue to exist and they are grandfathered in. My current insurance plan is grandfathered in...so it can happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is where I laugh at the people defending this. Insurance policies increase annually to adjust for inflation therefore are not eligible under the grandfather clause. The writers of the ACA knew this. The law is thereby requiring the insurance companies to drop those policies. That is a fact.

The other fact that you are either willfully ignorant of, or are just being obtuse is that Obama wouldn't have to force the insurance companies to do anything. He would simply have to change the wording of the grandfather clause to allow ANY policy prior to 2010 to remain in effect regardless of cost increases that are inevitable.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Tell me, have you heard the insurance companies complaining that they wish they could keep offering this plans but they can't?

Nope!

But I sure as hell have seen many reports where they seemed scared as hell to speak out against this current administration!!!!

Try to deny the Chicago style politics that this administration is using!

Any government whom prevents people from speaking out and telling the truth, is definitely a danger to the freedom our country was built on!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Nope, it actually doesn't. As long as those plans existed before May 2010 and haven't significantly increased costs, they are grandfathered in and can continue to be offered.

But nothing in the ACA required insurance companies to continue to offer these plans, so they are cancelling them and attempting to move their customers to more expensive plans right off the bat. Look at some of the letters sent out.."We are sorry, we had to cancel your old policy, but don't worry...we enrolled you in one of the new policies so you don't have to do anything." It just so happens that the plans they auto enroll them in are not the best plans for those people...but they have the highest premiums.

The cancellations are all being caused by the laws and regulations.

The insurance companies can't keep the existing policies because the consolidation of all those "Essential Coverage" provisions probably don't even exist in any single policy, thus the "Grandfather" clauses were/are for the most part, unrealistic by design.

If you don't have a PPACA "compliant" policy, you will have to pay the fine.

That's the tactic they used to screw everybody into paying more for policies.

And it's all in the Federal Register in 2010.
(very long and detailed...) June 17, 2010 Federal Register - 34 page snippet

Forbes story (Oct 31, 2013) has some explanation....

Mid-range estimate: 51% of employer-sponsored plans will get canceled

But Carney’s dismissal of the media’s concerns was wrong, on several fronts. Contrary to the reporting of NBC, the administration’s commentary in the Federal Register did not only refer to the individual market, but also the market for employer-sponsored health insurance.

Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act contains what’s called a “grandfather” provision that, in theory, allows people to keep their existing plans if they like them. But subsequent regulations from the Obama administration interpreted that provision so narrowly as to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

edit on Nov-12-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

signalfire
reply to post by capone1

Bill 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman' Clinton should stop being treated like an Elder Statesman and slink back off into that Arkansas hole he and his witch of a wife crawled out of.

Man am I getting tired of these people being treated like they're relevant, or have any possible right to comment on present governmental issues. How much of our current screwed up everything is Clinton's doing? Ask him about that.

People are myopic, they forget some of the prosperity under Clinton was due to deregulation he started in banking.

Very shortsighted and the end result of that type of deregulation was the economic collapse we suffered globally.

How the hell is the next Election shaping up to be Clinton vs Jeb, they might as well walk on stage during the debates and flip us all off...

ETA: remember forcing people to buy healthcare was proposed back in 93
edit on 12-11-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Bill Clinton is a smart man, beside the controversy to his presidency, the lies and the impeachment, he is a smart man.

I base my opinion on the fact that he even knows that the majority of those that have lost their existing policies are the working productive class that already had insurance either by their employers or by personal preferences.

The insurance these people had were good insurance that mostly cover family plans.

The people that the government sold us to be the ones needing insurance were the poor, needy and those with pre existing conditions. That is why the president told the working class that they could keep their insurance if they like it

The needy never had insurance so they have lost nothing, they gain their trip to Medicaid lines, those with preexisting conditions also won, no a big majority and most of the bulk within the poor and needy.

So yes, when another fellow president within the same party base comes out and say what he say we better listen, because is a blatant show that we have been scammed by the present administration, on who really insurance companies were after.

edit on 12-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So yes, when another fellow president within the same party base comes out and say what he say we better listen, because is a blatant show that we have been scammed by the present administration, on who really insurance companies were after.

Your right! Bill Clinton IS a smart man! However, you are missing the political intentions behind his now extreme criticism of his once astute pupil, Barry Soetoro!

Bill and his so called partner Hillary, brilliantly used Barry! Now they are capitalizing on his stupidity so that Hillary can come out in 2016. (that is if our Republic is still standing)

Either way, it shows those of us whom are able to see thru the partisan politics enough to know, that our politicians are the worst form of predators on the planet! If they are willing to eat their own, what are they willing to do to those of us whom worship the ground they walk on?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sadly, to tell you the truth, Hillary will not win anything next elections even if they dress her in a Gold suit hang her from the sky and announce that she is Jesus incarnated.

Yes I am been sarcastic.

A lot of people still remember the ugliest side of the Clinton era no the good one and a lot of people will have the ACA mess to fresh in their minds in 2016.

Hillary is going no where.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by capone1

Really? This whole mess with Obamacare came with him telling them what they can and cant do... what they have to offer.. and who they have to cancel... he is more than capable of writing up a bill and trying to get it passed, a bill that gives a pass to all of those people who are losing their insurance because of the ACA requirements on the insurance companies... will he do it? Probably not. If he does.. then the ACA is pointless to begin with since the majority of those plans don't contain his "10 essential benefits" that dictate what a qualified health plan is under the ACA... it would make it less relevant than it already is and expose it for the tax that the SCOTUS passed it as. Heaven forbid all of those that are being cancelled because the men in the family don't have coverage for mammograms or maternity care... or because the women in the family dont have coverage for vasectomies or prostate exams.. how dare they never had that coverage on their "old policies" especially when they didnt need them and would never use them... Behold the great benefit of Obamacare!!! Where men can get free OBGYN screenings and women can get prostate exams..... enter the 55 year old man who is here for a pediatric exam he hasnt been a boy for many years.. but he likes stickers and lollipops... all covered... (subject to deductible and co pay) .

Shill....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join