Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Koch Brothers try to dissuade young people from signing up for Obamacare w/ free beer and cornholes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

You need to stop using healthcare and health insurance as synonymous terms. They are not the same thing.

Health "insurance" is a product. The Affordable Healthcare Act is a government tax that forces Americans to pay for a product that is overpriced. This whole "Act" has nothing to do with health care but rather an "insurance" PRODUCT.

Health "care" is what happens when you go to a hospital. Health insurance is a finance vehicle for that healthcare, nothing more.

If you don't even understand that fundamental difference then you should not be making topics to rile people up.

For anyone who wants to understand what this whole debate is actually about, I again, highly recommend this article:

www.comedsoc.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
First off, why would these students sign up? there mostly all under 26 and on there parents plans anyways.

The fact is the government needs the young healthy crowed to sign up to pay for the unhealthy people. funny as it is, they shot themselves in the foot letting young people stay on there parents plans.

Government at its finest, jamming up the works and making everyone Miserable
edit on 12-11-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I guess "Corn Hole" has a different meaning in my Lexicon.

The Title made me laugh...

ya me too..lmao ..still trying to figure what they are talking about

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

ispyed
reply to post by camaro68ss

As your the richest country in the world why does the state not pay for everyone's healthcare?

Do you owe insurance companies a living?

insurance companies make profits...thus....people are secondary...in America, corporations now have constitutional rights, they now can put as much money into elections as they want, secretly. they can make profits offshore and not pay American taxes. their upper administrative and owner class makes millions a year, and even receive a bonus when the company does badly, and if they do anything wrong, outside of murder, the company gets fined, and the individual does not, nor, do they go to jail.
I don't know why anyone thinks this country is a democratic republic, it's a plutocracy...en.wikipedia.org...

if you go to ivy league schools on the east coast, and are born into a wealthy family with a historical lineage, you are groomed to be part of the ruling class. otherwise, you are part of the working class, which has many levels, but, never the top one

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

theantediluvian
Ask yourself this: If the PPACA is so horrible, why would anyone need to sabotage it further by launching campaigns to dissuade 20-somethings from signing up for healthcare? Wouldn't it just implode all on its own? Do people commonly sabotage things that don't require sabotaging?

Because Washington (particularly this administration) is too Goddamned stupid and stubborn to recognize that it is an abject failure and, at the very least, delay it until such a time arrives when it can be implemented in a manner which is actually functional.

It will absolutely implode on it's own, EVENTUALLY. The question is, should we encourage people to pay into any system which is doomed to failure regardless, or should we encourage them to fight the system and save some bucks. FACT: Unless those students are expecting an income tax refund (which is doubtful), they stand to lose absolutely NOTHING by refusing to buy an exchange plan. Solid economics would seem to indicate that you take the road which guarantees you no losses in following it, that road leads to treating this ridiculous law with contempt and moving on with your life.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

When you have the option of feeding your family or buying that insurance, what will you choose? You're screwed period. Mandate that we buy everything you think we should buy for the good of everyone until we eat each other. How about mandate how much money a company can make so everyone has a fair stake at the table. Maybe then they can afford their healthcare. This is the wrong problem to address.

Teach them how to fish and they will feed themselves forever!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

OrphanApology

You need to stop using healthcare and health insurance as synonymous terms. They are not the same thing.

Health "insurance" is a product. The Affordable Healthcare Act is a government tax that forces Americans to pay for a product that is overpriced. This whole "Act" has nothing to do with health care but rather an "insurance" PRODUCT.

Health "care" is what happens when you go to a hospital. Health insurance is a finance vehicle for that healthcare, nothing more.

If you don't even understand that fundamental difference then you should not be making topics to rile people up.

For anyone who wants to understand what this whole debate is actually about, I again, highly recommend this article:

www.comedsoc.org...

I doubt there are many posting in this thread who aren't aware of the distinction. I did read the article and I'll give you points for a clever segue (those who are curious, see page 5) but don't mistake my somewhat careless mixing of terminology for a lack of cognizance.

I would also recommend reading the article. While I disagree with a some of the author's conclusions, I think they are informed, considered and not colored by popular partisan rhetoric. I would argue that some of the changes made by the PPACA could lead to the shifts in thinking that are required to pave the way for enacting the type of reform the author proposes. In my opinion, a prompt and catastrophic failure of the health care system under the PPACA would setback reform efforts for another generation.

for anyone who wants to understand what this whole debate is actually about

You're completely ignoring the fact that 95% of American society is actually having an entirely different debate.
edit on 12-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Regardless of what debate Americans are having or not having the politicians are debating an insurance product known as employer tied managed care health insurance.

It's a scam started by Nixon with the Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973. Any debate about healthcare is simply a diversion away from what the behind the door argument is actually about. It's about an insurance that destroyed access to healthcare and completely removed consumers from doing what they do best.

Imagine if the government passed a law requiring that you get car insurance through employers that paid for oil changes and windshield wiper fluid. The whole idea is so asinine and it's never ending the arguments about everything BUT the actual issue.

Also mixing up health insurance with health care if you know better and if you're knowledgeable is an eyebrow raising move. Why do it unless you have an ulterior motive?

The affordable healthcare act is about health INSURANCE.

Healthcare is what health insurance pays for. it is a finance VEHICLE, not the care itself. Just like car insurance is a means of paying for auto accident damage, it is not the services rendered by auto shops.
edit on 12-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: de

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What the heck is a cornhole? (other than a term Bevis & Butthead used)

Take the free food and say "peace!" That's what I would do. Unless "cornholes" are nasty.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'm assuming its the game where you toss a bag, filled with dried corn in the old days, towards a board with a hole in it. Hence the bizarre name.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Lame. I thought maybe it was some kind of delicious deep fried corn fritter type thing.

What college aged kid wants to toss bean bags?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No better or worse then 0bama using defunct ACORN to sign people up on 0bamacare, and registering them to vote.

I am guessing Bill Clinton is mad that he missed one hell of a party.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How do I join this party?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

theantediluvian
What percentage of the population can do that? Medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US. Have you ever gotten a bill from a hospital with the non-insurance rates? It's around 3x as much as they charge insurance companies.

While statistically true, it should be noted that 78% of them had insurance and yet they claimed bankruptcy...lack of insurance isn't an excuse nor a good cause..

To the notion of your later statement, I agree and I can attest to how the scam works..

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

and.... Obamacare is officially being marketed to beer keggers and loose women... hmmm

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

camaro68ss
sounds like a sweet party. Sign me up.....or is it, dont sign me up...????
edit on 12-11-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

So... we don't have to sign up for Obama Care, and we get free pizza, beer and girls? Ha ha.

What the heck is a cornhole?

Take the free food and say "peace!" That's what I would do. Unless "cornholes" are nasty.

Hmm... with the Koch Brothers, you never know what's going on with those cornholes. In all seriousness though, I've heard bad things about these guys spreading disinfo.
edit on 13amWed, 13 Nov 2013 00:53:44 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

theantediluvian

This is the same group that put out the creepy Uncle Sam gynecological exam videos.

I guess there would be some point to be made here if it wasn't already creepy that the government has taken over the medical industry. They were just telling it like it is. If you don't like the thought of Uncle Sam looking up your rectum, you might want to tell Uncle Sam it gives you the willies instead of blaming the messenger.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

theantediluvian
Medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US. Have you ever gotten a bill from a hospital with the non-insurance rates? It's around 3x as much as they charge insurance companies.

That just proves what a scam the health industry is.

They charge you 3x the amount because you're not supporting their mates.

Sometimes, I think I'm the only person in the world who wonders if they deliberately make you sick in the future just so they can cash in on you. Anyone who thinks that those in control of the medical industry actually care about human beings is either truly mentally ill, or under some type of spell...
edit on 13/11/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

OrphanApology
Also mixing up health insurance with health care if you know better and if you're knowledgeable is an eyebrow raising move. Why do it unless you have an ulterior motive?

Wouldn't surprise me if the same people are in charge of both. So health insurance companies actually pay out to... themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

theantediluvian
Medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US. Have you ever gotten a bill from a hospital with the non-insurance rates? It's around 3x as much as they charge insurance companies.

That just proves what a scam the health industry is.

They charge you 3x the amount because you're not supporting their mates.

Sometimes, I think I'm the only person in the world who wonders if they deliberately make you sick in the future just so they can cash in on you. Anyone who thinks that those in control of the medical industry actually care about human beings is either truly mentally ill, or under some type of spell.

Thank you! It's refreshing to see someone who gets it.

But it's worse than you think because the motive isn't purely for profit. It's power and control they really want. Can't ever have too much of that, right? Money comes naturally to those who control everything. And they just reinvest it in their power structure.

They're not interested in making more money. They have all the money anyone could ever want. No. Money isn't worth much. They want to own US. Like cattle. All of us. Money doesn't do anything on it's own. Human beings are productive. Like dairy cows. You don't need anything else if you own a bunch of taxpayers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join