It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Scientists Given Green Light To Use Sex Offenders For Medical Research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This has been brought to my attention , and i feel its a touchy subject worth a debate on ATS

Hundreds of violent and predatory sex offenders are being transferred from multiple correctional facilities all over Texas to a specialized medical research facility where they will spend the rest of their lives being used as subjects in medical experimentation and testing.

what are your thought on the subject?

Should it be allowed... Is it horrific... Is it a step forward / backward ??

I personally feel its quite a horrible thing to be doing to other humans & animals .

here is the link for further reading...

LINK

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

I'm not even going to look at the link and predict: HoaxBin.

Which shows that the story is sooooo far out that most people would dismiss it as easily as I do. Which means they can get away with it for awhile, if it were real which is surely isn't, and hope that nobody catches on (where do I volunteer?).
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

if they are really violent sex offenders , then i see no problem in treating them in such a way

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Whats next?

Twins?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
my mistake folks.... its as fake as pigs flying

sorry

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
please avoid this subject , or mods move it to recycle bin please

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on 11/12/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Analysts Forecast Drop In Holiday Spending As More Families Rely On Presents From Santa Claus - See more at: http://_national_report_dot_net_/analysts-forecast-drop-holiday-spending-families-rely-presents-santa-clause/#sthash.cpM0WOpr.dpuf

From the same site.

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

Sites disclaimer.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dont close it: What IF someone did this to death row or life imprisoned sex offenders?

When i read the title, a small part of me didnt mind so much.... Does that make me a bad person?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

One more step towards NAZI Germany.

Edit: Journalists should have to get a certification to work as a journalist. And if they are caught reporting false information, then their certification should be taken away. I'm so sick of "journalists" today. You all suck.......

edit on 12-11-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes it has to be faked since prisoners are even more protected from experimentation than the general public (have reps to help them make decisions on whether to participate and mostly reject offers before the prisoner has a chance to look at it). My question is this - why would anyone make up such a sensationalist story and post it as news.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I hope they start something like that, better to test things on not needed humans than to waste time messing with cute animals.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great.....less poor monkeys and dogs that have to be used. Plus could get some good results.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I knew it was a hoax from the start.
Violent and predatory sex isn't illegal in Texas is it?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hoax or not this is what is known as "getting a foot in the door"

those of you feeling all warm and fuzzy are actually no different from these criminals [both prisoners and scientists ]

in allowing that foot in the door, any future complaints by the above mentioned enablers regarding exposure of covert or overt experimentation upon their persons, will be immediately refuted by pointing out their priorly given consent.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This maybe be a hoax, but it is a great topic of conversation.
While I do have a problem with the "against their will" part.
Do we, or why don't we, offer these types of prisoners to volunteer for this?
If they are never going to get out anyway, we should have a medical prison, just for this type of thing, that they could CHOOSE to go to.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I think its a great idea. "We wont free you, but this is your chance to do something good in your situation for the citizens you hurt"

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Biigs
Dont close it: What IF someone did this to death row or life imprisoned sex offenders?

When i read the title, a small part of me didnt mind so much.... Does that make me a bad person?

Inmates would make the perfect guinea pig. They ve probably been experimenting on some of them for decades.
I wouldn't mind if they used the violent repeat offenders..

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Biigs

It comes down to morality and what makes you better than them. At the end of the day people do things because they convince themselves they are right, usually by dehumanising another human being. The Nazis took that approach to whole new level by absolving themselves of moral responsibility by de-humanising jews, they were "animals", "sub-humans" and therefore they could do what they wished to them.

By the way if you want eliminate the vast majority of sex offences then kill children who have been abused. The majority grow up to become abusers themselves. We have sympathy for the abused person as a child but want to kill the abused person who reacts as an adult.......what a sad reflection on hang em and flog em society (especially when it's "too expensive" to treat the child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Think of the lives you would protect by killing the victims of sex abuse, that's a clinical fact!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It costs something like 80$ a day to keep a prisoner in jail.

We buy so much cheap parts and stuff from china, why arnt we making all the prisoners work?

Interesting fact on populations: 350 million Americans, 1.3 billion Chinese. America has more people in jail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join