It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacist Craig Cobb told he is 14% African in televised DNA test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You all remember that guy who wanted to set up that 'white only' town in North Dakota, well he got some news he was not all too amused by, and his supporters may not be amused by either:

A self-proclaimed white supremacist underwent a DNA test to 'prove' his genetic heritage, only to be told on live television he was 86 per cent European - and 14 per cent of Sub-Saharan African heritage.

Sixty-two-year-old Craig Cobb claims he follows the 'Creator' religion which "favours racial awareness" and has been attempting to create a "white enclave" in North Dakota by quietly buying up land in the small town of Leith,

www.independent.co.uk...

Now mind you though, this was a test submitted on "the Trisha show" and we all know how these shows tend to be made purely to shock and entertain audience members, still it is amusing. I'm yet to see any articles or anything disputing the DNA test. Not sure where the will leave his plans for a racially pure enclave... who knows... maybe his followers will still accept him for who he is? Not surprised by the test results either, these days it is difficult to find anybody with DNA that may be 100% of anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hahaha, thats funny.

It reminds me of the Dave Chappelle show, when he was a blind black man and was the leader of the KKK. No one had the heart to tell him he was black. hahaha

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Karma is a mother isn't it.

Be a white supremicist. Find out your part black.

God has a sense of humor don't he.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He may be 14% African...

But this guy is 100% Stupid.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
White people are really black.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
[snip] It doesn't matter the color of your skin, the size of your ____ or the slant of your eyes. SOMEONE owns each one of us.
edit on 12/11/13 by masqua because: removed divisive comment

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

He'll probably start making exceptions. Like, if you have less than 15% African DNA and self-identify as "white," then you can join his almost-"white" enclave! Or he may just live the rest of his life hating the 14% of himself.

Oh, and @0:18 - that guy's facial expression is priceless lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How is this possible if we are all 100% human?

Not that I believe this, just posing the question to the "there's only the human race" crowd.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If we're supposed to judge people by actions and not skin color then what does it matter if he's even 100% black? He can still be a white supremacist without hypocrisy.

Saying he cant be because of his 14% black genes is just racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I find this funny, as we are all of mixed ethnicities anyways... some more than others, and some less, but still mixed either way. We're all human anyways, for there to be "Mixed race" there'd have to be another species of human, like Neanderthals... And some of us may be part Neanderthal anyways.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well Craig what 14% of your body are you willing to cut off ?
I have a few ideas but if my idea is the African American part,
You may wanna leave it.......

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What's funny is that he believes that DNA can point to a region.

It can't.

We are all from African heritage, some went North and others went East, than they spread around the globe.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

filosophia

Not that I believe this, just posing the question to the "there's only the human race" crowd.

DNA markers can be used to trace your ancestry, but DNA testing is limited in that it only tells the testee information about his or her ancestry based off the Y-chromosomal DNA or mtDNA. Apparently this man is 14% sub-Saharan African and 86% European, that means he can trace part of his heritage back to ancestors living in those two geographic locations. The test information said nothing about his placement in a socially constructed racial category.

All humans belong to the same species, so saying someone is 100% or 90% human doesn't really make sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He shouldn't feel too bad. His hero Hitler was 1/4 Jewish.

Technically we are all Africans.
Our ancestors evolutionary origins came from East Africa.

If we get lucky maybe he can slit his wrists from disgust.

edit on 12-11-2013 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Nacirema

filosophia

DNA markers can be used to trace your ancestry, but DNA testing is limited in that it only tells the testee information about his or her ancestry based off the Y-chromosomal DNA or mtDNA. Apparently this man is 14% sub-Saharan African and 86% European, that means he can trace part of his heritage back to ancestors living in those two geographic locations. The test information said nothing about his placement in a socially constructed racial category.

All humans belong to the same species, so saying someone is 100% or 90% human doesn't really make sense.

Mithocondrial DNA, that stuff is always related to your mom, not your dad. Therefore, it is traceable.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hear he's filing for divorce from his wife, citing that she's a.....well......better watch Dave Chappelles show for that cause I don't wanna get banned from ATS.

This is pretty weird and wild stuff. I don't see how it could change a mans beliefs, though.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

camaro68ss
hahaha, thats funny.

It reminds me of the Dave Chappelle show, when he was a blind black man and was the leader of the KKK. No one had the heart to tell him he was black. hahaha
"And when he found out that he was black the first thing he did was divorce his wife. when asked why? He said; because she was a N***r lover". The best skit he ever did. HA!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Spookybelle
What's funny is that he believes that DNA can point to a region.

It can't.

We are all from African heritage, some went North and others went East, than they spread around the globe.

lol pft YOU might be from Africa... I'm from Texas hahahahaha
(a little Texan humor there)

Those dna tests are pretty neat.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Classic, although I wonder whether those who support Affirmative Action for people that are classed as 'black" should applaud this so loudly.

Since he's now basically one quarter a "minority" (in the US), I suppose he should qualify for those minority benefits.

So should all the other white people who take DNA tests with such results, and ultimately that might make so many whites "minorities" that it includes virtually everybody.
Well, there is no "minority" without a "majority".

I can't wait for such tests to become available in South Africa, because loads of "white" people could reclassify themselves as "black" scientifically, and then they have to get jobs according to Affirmative Action guidelines.

Of course, then it won't take long before some albophobic leftists tell us it's all not valid, or the DNA percentages are too small to be reclassified as "black".
This could cancel out racial extremists as much as racial policies and privileges.

In any case, I can't wait for the gay DNA test.
Who amongst those homophobes is at least one quarter gay?
Now that will be fun!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Just as funny as the guy that ran for office as a black guy and one.

Love how these things pan out for people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join