It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still cant upload images to new ATS board account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I use IE 9 with all my software updated including _javascript and use medium security, the lowest available with IE9. I have also turned off pop up blocker but it doesnt do the trick. Is there a special setting in IE 9(maybe advanced properties) that needs adjustment and are others having the same problem?

I have been trying now for months and keep drawing blanks....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What happens when you try to upload?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I have the same problems, even with the Mods and others trying their best to help. I follow their step by step and nothing. The hell with it. It's to frustrating for something that should be a simple copy and paste.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

theantediluvian
What happens when you try to upload?

Browse, select image, then click on arrow.

the webpage freezes and i have to manually refresh it to get it unstuck.

no image gets uploaded!
edit on 12/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey Dawg. I wonder if some are experiencing the same problem I did…

In the uploads section where it says "select files" you hit that and then your finder window appears and you pick the image from your computer to upload. Upon selecting it the uploads window appears again with the little "percentage complete" bar, right?

But nothing happens. It doesn't load.

Until you click on the little, unlabeled cloud with up arrow icon next to "select files" one more time…

Tadaaaa!

Took me forever to figure that one out.

Otherwise ignore this stupid transmission.
edit on 12-11-2013 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yep, same here.

Today I am on Safari browser to see if I can get it to work.
Missing my pics!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Forgive me for asking you if you know, but are you first loading images to your pc photo file and then uploading them when you hit the upload button on ATS? I had a heck of a time trying to figure that out.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I get a Blank Bar with a Close Button to the right...that's it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can not either. I have been trying to change my profile since before halloween.

All it says is .....done but with errors on page. We have windows xp and a computer as old as a dinosaur but I had no problem adding pics/profiles until the ats board change.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

By the blank bar hit "upload" it then takes you to your own PCs photo file. Pick the photo you want and hit "open" on the file page below the photo.

Then hit the little cloud with the arrow button and it will load the pic you just selected to your ATS photo file.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

intrptr

Hey Dawg. I wonder if some are experiencing the same problem I did…

In the uploads section where it says "select files" you hit that and then your finder window appears and you pick the image from your computer to upload. Upon selecting it the uploads window appears again with the little "percentage complete" bar, right?

But nothing happens. It doesn't load.

Until you click on the little, unlabeled cloud with up arrow icon next to "select files" one more time…

Tadaaaa!

Took me forever to figure that one out.

Otherwise ignore this stupid transmission.
edit on 12-11-2013 by intrptr because: changed

Nope. Done it a million times just like you stated. Hitting the little white cloud with the black arrow....and the webpage hangs/stalls...no image gets uploaded and I have to hit F5 to get my window refreshed and the dialog box removed.

There has to be scripting error somewhere OR something in advanced properties of internet explorer needs adjustment. Problem is I dont want to enable everything and get hacked to death. It aint worth it!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Logarock

Forgive me for asking you if you know, but are you first loading images to your pc photo file and then uploading them when you hit the upload button on ATS? I had a heck of a time trying to figure that out.

Yep. I have always downloaded images to "my pictures" before trying to upload to ATS and it has always worked till ATS changed its board software.
edit on 12/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
EarthCitizen07
intrptr

earthcit
Nope. Done it a million times just like you stated. Hitting the little white cloud with the black arrow....and the webpage hangs/stalls...no image gets uploaded and I have to hit F5 to get my window refreshed and the dialog box removed.

There has to be scripting error somewhere OR something in advanced properties of internet explorer needs adjustment. Problem is I dont want to enable everything and get hacked to death. It aint worth it!

Internet Explorer has a huge problem with this website, I am getting error messages all over the place to the point of 'concerned Windows tech calling me'. I havent been able to upload even an avatar image of all things. Error "this is not a secure web site". Its ridiculous. Something somewhere needs adjustment and I have no idea where to start (virus scan was doctor approved).

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

Logarock

Yep. I have always uploaded images to "my pictures" before trying to upload to ATS and it has always worked till ATS changed its board software. There has to be a scripting error if so many people are having problems.

I can upload pic in Chrome but not IE. If that helps...I don't have pop up blocker on.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Doesn't even begin to load the little percent bar. No error message, just hangs… that sucks. Before the new version of ATS there was a size limit to pics and a certain amount of memory allocated to them. I know you know this and have tried different PNG, JPG just to check. And you're not on mobile either.

The only other alternative is a board thread about it and-- oh, hey… we're on one and a mod hasn't landed…
hmmm… telling.

Sorry man, I'm tapped out. Hope you guys get it resolved.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Did you guys try .jpg instead of .jpeg?

Heres a post about it…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm linking this thread there, its about the bugs…
edit on 12-11-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Im curious about your sizes with (dimensions) requirements and restrictions on ATS? You cant just click a photo here and one there.
Size restrictions exist and will keep you from uploadng them. No?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Soloprotocol

By the blank bar hit "upload" it then takes you to your own PCs photo file. Pick the photo you want and hit "open" on the file page below the photo.

Then hit the little cloud with the arrow button and it will load the pic you just selected to your ATS photo file.

Dont have a upload option, just a blank bar with the x to the right in the bar and a white up/down thing that doesn't do anything..

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I am trying to find an answer for this in the search. could not find the specific question so I will just try and use this thread to ask.

Is there a way to size the image that you are going to post. I noticed a lot of pictures here are bigger than the ones that I post. I checked their post to see if there was anything different than what I am doing and it is the same [p1c]blahblah[/p1c]
that I am using. The original pic in the MS Paint program I uploaded it from, was much much bigger.

Does the image have to be a max size? Is there somewhere inside ATS that edits them. MALBOSIA That post shows the images that I am not happy about the size.

Any help would be much appreciated.
edit on 28-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

top topics

join