It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, can you tell me of any timetravel movies :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Man how could I forget about Army of Darkness?

That's some funny stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

camaro68ss
"Somewhere in time" is an oldie but goodie.

Its about a man falling in love with a womans picture from 100 years in the past and he finds away to time travel to meet her.

It was based on a wonderful book, "Bid Time Return", by Richard Matheson of all people.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yea i think you should watch doctor who its a great one

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Not about time travel per se but check out 'the man from earth' great film

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Donnie Darko

Or

The Thirteenth Floor

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I remember watching something as a kid in the 60s called The Time Tunnel.

A TV series, not a film.

Scientists had built a tunnel - spirally thing - that they could jump into and go to a specific moment in time and place. I think Richard Baseheart was in it.

Great idea and I was riveted (but then I was only 7 or 8 and easily pleased).

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I recommend to you,as well as any other self-respecting ATS'er,the movie "Lunopolis".It's hard to describe but I guarantee it has something for everyone who is interested in time-travel/glitches,aliens,time-lords and general government conspiracy/alternate histories.It also has a good many laughs in it.It's an indie flick that flies under many a radar,which is a shame because,IMO,it deserves a lot more attention.It's currently on Netflix streaming.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Best movie I ever saw about time travel is Primer....will really mess with your head. Had to watch it several times to catch a lot of what I missed. It's low budget no special effects, but one hell of a good movie.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
wow have any of you watched the time machine from 1960
did you know there was a short tv sequel played by the ORIGINAL actors in 1993 called the time machine the movie back?

www.amazon.com...

here is the video of it

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

Something wrong with that time machine - Rod Taylor seems to have aged about 30 years...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Absolutely. Glad someone else suggested it! Have you seen Shane Currath's latest? "Upstream Color." Highly recommended. Last time I checked it was still on netflix watch instantly.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

thanks for the suggestion buddy, like the look of that
will check it out this weekend...

After watching Primer, that movie stayed in my mind for weeks....it just grabs you and the more I thought about what was going on in it, the more it twists your mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

If you like Anime check out Miyazaki's 2006 film I forget the name.. just google his name or his studio.. Studio Ghibli...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"Time After Time" - A film from 1979 starring Malcolm McDowell and David Warner. It's about H.G. Wells who uses a time machine to travel to 1979 San Francisco after Jack The Ripper uses his machine to escape to the future.

"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" - It's a Japanese Anime film from 2006. It's a bit cutesy but not bad. Pretty entertaining if you like animated films.

"12:01" - A 1993 film that came out just before Groundhog Day which has a very similar premise. A guy is stuck in a time loop. He witnesses this girl die in a traffic accident, who he has a crush on. And as the time loop continues, he figures out a way to save her and tries to find out why the time loop is happening. I thought it was pretty good.

"Edge of Tomorrow" - It hasn't been released yet. It comes out June 6, 2014. But here I am, adding it anyway. It is a bit premature. The movie may suck. But the novel it was based on (All You Need is Kill) was good. It's about this new recruit in a futuristic military that uses this mech suit to fight this alien race that has invaded Earth. But on his first mission, he dies. However, he discovers that he is in a time loop and keeps waking up the day before the first mission. So he slowly evolves into a hardened soldier while he dies every day, trying to find a way to escape his fate.

"Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel" - Released in 2009, I caught this one on late night tv one weekend. It wasn't bad. About these three guys who end up bouncing through time in a British pub. It was fairly entertaining. Not bad.

"The Final Countdown" from 1980. Decent film about a Nimitz Class carrier that sails through a time vortex. The crew find themselves off Oahu just prior to the Attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. So they try to decide if they should intervene and attempt to change the course of history.

"Triangle" a British film from 2009. About this girl who goes on a boating trip with friends. They find an old derelict boat in the middle of the ocean and wind up trapped in a time loop. It's pretty good. And pretty bloody.

"Waxworks 2" from 1992. It is a real oddball movie. And not for everyone. Personally, I loved it.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Planet of the Apes

Frequency

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Idiocracy, a prophetic look at the future

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies

any more classic movie with time travel suggestions?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Happy Accidents. Not your typical time travel flick. You can catch it on IFC every now and again. I totally dig it but others mileage has varied. Great acting in it IMO. Best use of Skynyrd's Freebird, ever LOL.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join