It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is our money? Read and I'll tell you...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

The cartels are in Mexico. The money gets used in Mexico. Or more likely hoarded considering the difference in prices.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Nephalim
People go to jail for lots of reasons.

I say we drop the minor reasons from the books, and focus on the major very harmful reasons.

Yeah, just imagine if we could triple, or quadruple efforts to catch and prevent rape, murder, child abuse, missing persons... But for some reason, this "war" is deemed top priority. There's just too much money to be made from every angle. But not for us... We see no benefit from it whatsoever. Apparently the greed and corruption of those in power know no limits. It's baffling to the average person. Are these people even human??

"...and yet I ask you today, are we not Already in the midst of an alien invasion?" Paraphrased because I could not remember the exact quote. But its the second half of a famous quote by Ronald Reagan. Most people just use the first half. I'm not saying they are actually aliens, but that their behavior certainly fits the definition of "alien" to the common human. I don't know what is going on but there is definitely some dark forces at work here, which, for all I know, may amount to nothing more than human greed gone rampant... all I can say is that I find it mysterious as I cannot understand it very well. All I know is that the facts we ARE all well aware of, are disturbing in the least.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

onequestion

The cartels are in Mexico. The money gets used in Mexico. Or more likely hoarded considering the difference in prices.

That's correct, things are much cheaper in Mexico. I was only speaking of certain items which may not be available in Mexico... Like perhaps they send their children to be educated in American universities and whatever else they cannot get down there. But you're right. The real estate and everything is all bought down there and I'm sure they have luxery car dealerships down there... They supposedly get all the guns from America, but again, not much of that money is you going to benefit those who need it most.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

True true.

I imagine a lot of the higher up the food chain types have families living in beautiful homes in the US. Makes sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

onequestion
Wow, that analogy was intense.

Thanks for the effort.

Thanks for the kind words :^] its not perfect by any means, and im sure people could find many errors or holes in my analogy, but it was just something that popped into my mind and I ran with it. Thanks again for not minding my rambling :^P I'm gonna back off for a bit now and give others a chance to discuss. It's a tricky subject to discuss here, so I can see why some may be reluctant to participate. It's just a sensitive issue for me because our nation is in so much trouble financially and I can't stand it that we are throwing such a humongous amount of money at the problem with very very little result. They even admit, for every smuggler, shipment or tunnel they find, there are 10 or 29 others that escape detection. They even admit they have not made a dent in over 2 decades. They even admit they are up against cartels with near limitless resources. I'm not even suggesting legalization, but taxation by way of fines. Smaller fines for users busted with smaller amounts, bigger fines for dealers. No jail time for possession or dealing.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

onequestion

True true.

I imagine a lot of the higher up the food chain types have families living in beautiful homes in the US. Makes sense.

Not only but they are moving here, taking advantage of cheap (foreclosed) homes in places like Texas to set up operations.

From Texas:

Cartel, USA
edit on 13-11-2013 by intrptr because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey I found where some of the money went. I wish I could find the whole story about this seizure. It was a lavish mansion in Mexico with terraces and swimming pools packed with the finest cars, furniture and jewelry money could buy. Stuffed into closets was over 200 million in cash from selling drugs in the US…

Heres a video of the cash part.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join