It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'brien racist comment on twitter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"Marvel Comics is introducing a new Muslim Female superhero. She has so many more special powers than her husband’s other wives."

Conan O'brien.

"Late night comedian Conan O’Brien turned to Twitter Friday night to make a joke about the new Muslim superhero unveiled by Marvel — but some fans did not take it well."

Theblaze.com.

Seems he is in a bit of trouble. I dont know about you but that comment isnt racist to me. Some muslims have more than one wife. I dont think people should get their feelings hurt its just an observation he made and made it funny.

Granted that Marvel Character is 16, and not a new personality, but that doesnt IMO give people the right to get him fired, or two lose respect for him.

What do you all think?

edit on 12-11-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

If you can't take a joke don't listen to comedy.
Nothing racist at all about that.
People are just looking for some way to point out their moral superiority in today's world.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree 100%. This country is turining people in to giant pansies! Some people need thicker skin!

You should read some of the comments, some people are just too PC.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Racist? Nah. Would be hilarious if he made a jab at catholics though, amirite?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That's not racist it's funny.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
WAIT, STOP THE PRESS!

That SOB How dare he make fun of that race of white Muslims... or was it Asian ones? No? was it the black ones? No?

Wait what is that you say?

Oh she is Pakistani. That jerk making fun of the race of Pakistani Muslims Wait what? Muslim is not a race?
It was just a joke and I should get over myself?

my bad carry on.

edit on 12-11-2013 by overratedpatriotism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You can make the same joke about the Mormons. It's not racist just retarded.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
God Lord people are so sensitive. Comedians joke.

I wish people would get hobbies, then these stupid "crusades" can stop. I can't wait for the first person to post this on my FB! lol

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No it isn't racist if its true. Also, "Muslim" is not a "race".
edit on 12-11-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't care for the guy because he doesn't care for my 2A rights.
There is nothing he could say now to make himself any worse in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I had to reply to you because I just wanted to say how flipping cool your avatar is!!! It's a wee creepy and makes my eyes water...but gosh it's neat!!

**Op..I don't think that's racist. I think Conan is hilarious. Comedians will be comedians and what about Saturday night Live... Now that show.. Hah!! Man some people get their panties in a wad over nothing ...my opinion ..

-nat

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It's a joke people.
get over it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

A Muslim super hero so cool!

Faster then exploding IED,More powerful then a camel train and able leap decapitate infidels with a single bound. The only draw backs i can think of is she could be killed by pork instead of kryptonite being pork is much easier to get. And you can block her x ray vision with burkas.

edit on 11/12/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Conan jokes about Catholicism all the time
teamcoco.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What makes comedy "funny" is the inherent truth behind the statement. In a society where the truth is a revolutionary act, such as our own, well...you can see why Conan joke wasn't so P.C. I think it's more racist that Disney, I mean Marvel, had to go out their way to make a Muslim superhero. I think getting religion involved only serves to alienate more people than it brings together. I know that Spiderman got married in a church and Thor is a religious deity but this is just cheezy.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
On a serious note it amazes me how quickly people will play the race card and accuse someone else of being "racist." It's almost as if they are mind-controlled. At the very least it makes the accusers feel good because if they call someone else "racist," they are setting themselves up as morally superior beings. They can't possibly be racist themselves.

Examples are everywhere. "Obamacare is a failure." "Oh, then you must be racist because Obama is Black." "Detroit is bankrupt because of decades of corrupt city politicians." "You must be racist because all those politicians were Black."

The list is endless.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Muslim" is not a race.
His comment was, perhaps, culturally or religiously insensitive, but not racist in the least.
You have people on tv all the time making comments about other's political beliefs and whatnot, so this is all just sensationalism. We're not supposed to have opinions, you see, unless it benefits someone else.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think far too many people get far too upset over far too much rubbish these days,of course that isnt racist. and he is after all a comedian, and a good one at that, in my opinion whoever gets upset over this needs to stay indoors turn of the radio/tv and pc

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A guy wants to get into the police. The police sidesteps and the guy gets into the wall, behind.

That joke is racist towards British people because I made fun of The Wall......... ...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That's factual. Some Muslims have more than one wife. Conan O'Brien is NOT racist; I think it's funny.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join