It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dresses as marathon victim and loses job + more

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I searched on woman dresses as and didn't find anything so delete if posted..
Assuming this websitestory is real and it appears to be because I have found this story and other pictures on other sites.

Apparently the girl in this picture thought it was a good idea to dress as a victim of the Boston Marathon Bombing. I'm not posting this to debate if people thought their was a bombing, believe it was fake or otherwise. I am posting to point out the common sense seems to be severely lacking in people. Obviously there were multiple other inappropriate costumes this year and to be honest every year but this one really is in poor taste. I get that people need to have a thicker skin in the modern world or that their is a tendency to make everything a PC argument but this seems like an obvious dumb choice.

On the other hand the backlash she has faced shows the danger of the modern world where anyone hiding behind a keyboard can designate themselves judge, jury and executioner.

Woman as Boston Bombing Victim
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3008pam by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I really wonder what people are thinking when they decide to make a costume like this, or the twin towers, whatever. Maybe these people are lacking a sensitivity filter in their brain?
Personally, I think it is in very bad taste.
But enough to issue death threats to her? No.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't know.... freedom of speech or w/e crap people spew when they defend people dressed as a Obama, black face, monkey with Obama face?

Can't be hypocrites now. You defend one action under the guise of Freedom of Speech. You defend all. Can't be picky.

On a personal note: What a stupid dumb person. Some people have no responsibility for their actions. cant blame them, we have people telling them its never your fault.
edit on 11/12/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Its bad, but still these two morons take the cake:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

which person are you referring to?

It surely isnt everyone that thinks shes a twat.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Agreed. What she did was in very poor taste yet people who sent her death threats get a pass?
2 wrongs don't make a right and in this case the 2nd wrong is the far more egregious of the 2.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am ashamed to be living on this planet right now.

To think that anyone would believe this is good idea is really beyond my grasp. I can't comprehend why someone would strive to dress-up like the victim of a horrendous tragedy and NO I don't believe this has anything to do with free speech. It is extremely bad taste and of terrible judgement by the woman. I definitely don't agree with her actions nor condone them. I would never hand out death threats, or wish harm upon her, but I would certainly make sure she knew it was a stupid idea. Plain and simple.

What is the joke? What kind of costume is that? Halloween?
I don't understand that mentality...just terrible.

edit on 12-11-2013 by havok because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow she hot .

Bad taste? Yeah

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well it raises the whole thing about Halloween in general does it not?

People dress up like the dead, fantasy and fiction and real life.

It sure is in poor taste and soon soon after the event, no doubt, but what exactly are the rules to Halloween costumes!? I think its all rather sick and horrible tbh.

Her punishment should have been: To be called "insensitive witch" for a week or something to that effect.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

If your boss does not like it, don't do it at work.
Personally I have no problem with the outfit as none of my rights have been harmed.
In fact this act would strengthen ones rights, as they are being exercised.
I am sure someone will claim here on ATS that due to this pic, they now have PTSD...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Terrible judgment call on her behalf. Her friends/co-workers should have told her it was in bad taste. Other issues she is now going thru besides the daily death threats she was getting is her phone was also hacked and nude photos were leaked.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Well, that just also proves her severe lack of good judgement. LOL (the naked pics)

Although she didn't deserve the hacking either.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sure it's an uncalled for action, but displaying violence with the death threats, gang stalking, etc., isn't any better in example. Social media's backlash against her won. That's the consequence of it now-until it is moved away from-, numerous people lose their careers because of their internet postings, more now that the private postings are shared.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Ok..we all know...this young woman was very foolish...and dressing in her costume of choice was in poor taste to the extreme. However...the people that threatened her life because of her costume of choice...are the ones that disturb me more...especially with all the random shootings that have happened this year. Who knows...one of them may be very serious...they know what she looks like...have an address connected to her etc. If I was her I would be very afraid right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's a great costume. Creative, current and guaranteed to upset morons.

I suppose if she dressed like the run-over Tsarnaev she'd get cheered.

People seem to care way too much about # that just does not matter.

One persons halloween costume, whatever it may be, absolutely does not matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Highlights the fact that as long as you dress as an unidentifiable unassociated dead person it's ok. The moment you're identifiable and/or associated with something important historically, somebody will get mad. Doesn't this say more about Halloween itself than the stupidity of some people? So a random unassociated dead person is exciting somehow, but when it reminds us of real life too much we're repulsed?

It reminds me of cops and robbers that kids used to play. They'd run around and shoot each other because it was fun. But in real life cops and robbers aren't having fun. When reality starts to inject itself into playtime all of the illusions are destroyed. Isn't it disturbing though that kids enjoy(ed) to stage shooting each other? Just like Halloween, we enjoy(ed) to dress up as dead people and grotesque monsters?

Similarly, there's lots of violence and mayhem in hollywood movies. People apparently enjoy to watch it. Yet if those things were real, they'd be repulsed. Why should people enjoy to see staged mass violence and mayhem in movies?

There's something going on here...
edit on 12-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I do not know what the fuss is all about. I thought the twin towers outfits were really cool. Provocative but harmless.

I think you Americans take these things far too seriously. These costumes re-balance the shock and awe of these events. Both events are history.

Every other country lives with terrorism and apart from the UK does not feel the need to turn their nation into an authoritarian police state to "combat it".

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The violence and death threats against her is in the same league as pro-lifers threatening clinic doctors.

As long as she doesn't breed
society will be fine.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I did something like that years ago. I don't how many will remember but years ago in Cincinnati Ohio 4 people were trampled to death at a Who concert. I was there and survived. A few weeks later I had a tshirt made that said,"I'd walk over you too, to see The Who". I was young, what can I say?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think it was a dumb choice, and it was insensitive, but I think she's paid enough already. And I have to say, some of the online vigilantism I've seen has been downright sickening.

Very ironic, to me... that these people would be so disgusted by what this girl did... because it was insensitive, and Boston was a tragedy, and people got hurt... and yet in the process, these same outraged people think it's somehow acceptable to not only insult this girl, but to threaten her?

IMO that makes them not only every bit as bad as what she did... but in fact much, much worse. This girl did not mean to hurt anyone. She was just stupid, and didn't think enough, and made a poor judgment. Whereas these idiotic online knee-jerk vigilantes are setting out to purposely hurt another human being....

Just goes to show how some people are. I don't think most of those people really gave a wet fart about the marathon victims. I think they just wanted someone to rage at. Congratulations, you pitchfork-weilding monsters. You are every bit worse than that which you claim to fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join