It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails a HOAX.... So who is responsible and Why are there so many sources of Information?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Korg Trinity

network dude
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Follow the money.

Oh, and check the information that is paraded as proof. So far, it's either misunderstood, misrepresented, or in large cases, outright lies. Are you in favor of letting outright lies pass for truth?

Of course not, but I am also not in favor denial without evidence.

IMO lack of evidence is precisely a reason for denial!!

You can find some of the origins of the chemtrail hoax in various posts, articles and blogs by a guy called Jay Reynolds.

the origins - Evolution of the controversy

How did pH become involved in chemtrails

How did Barium get involved in chemtrails

Why didn't they get out/admit being wrong, etc?

IMO because it was a "new" conspiracy, and the conspiracy industry needed it and grew from it - it gave believers new "energy", made big fish in a small pond out of the leaders and proponents, and various other reasons related to ego and hubris.

why so many sources of "information"? Well firstly of course I do nto believe there is any "information" at all, however atmospheric conditions is still an inexact science AFAIK - and so chemise could point to a lot of little understood phenomena as "evidence" and here was nothing extant to nay say their claims. fortunately the 'net has overcome this to a large extent, and the science of atmospherics is now much more accessible to the public, and so it is much easier to debunk the assertions.

this has been seen as a reaction by tptb, of course, and hence in some cases is taken as more "evidence" of the "truth" of chemtrails!
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

DIDNT WE JUST CATCH YOU DOCTORING EVIDENCE YESTERDAY

Yes i think we did... your credibillity is at a cool zero me lad.

but i gues some people never stop trying to scam others...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's a source from the U.K. speaking of pumping aerosols into the atmosphere by way of aircraft.

"To counteract the warming effect of extra carbon dioxide using aerosols, the number of these tiny particles in the atmosphere would need to be permanently increased. Aerosols pumped into the stratosphere only stay aloft for a few years, so we’d have to keep replacing them. We could build large ‘chimneys’ on the ground to throw aerosols up into the sky, or spray them from aeroplane exhausts. Scientists have calculated that the amount of particles needed would be less than 10% of the annual weight currently carried by aircraft. Many commercial aeroplanes already fly up to the lower stratosphere, so experts think this solar geo-engineering proposal is both realistic and affordable."
www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

But these mad scientists admit doing so could very well be detrimental to human health. Oh hell, let's do it anyway and see what happens!

"The stratosphere contains the ozone layer, which absorbs the most energetic of the Sun’s ultraviolet rays. But scientists think that adding aerosols to the stratosphere might reduce ozone levels, as happened after the increase in stratospheric aerosols caused by Mount Pinatubo’s eruption in 1991. The interactions between aerosols and ozone are not yet fully understood, but scientists think they trigger chemical reactions that convert ozone into other gases. This reduces the amount of ozone in the stratosphere, weakening its ability to block out harmful ultraviolet rays. Any significant damage to the ozone layer could have negative impacts on human health."
www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

There is your answer to why it (geo-engineering/chem-trails) would be undertaken. Bill Gates and his camp are very concerned about too many people living on this planet. So along with other filthy rich elites, they fund geo-engineering to alter the climate in a negative way to bring the world more droughts, famine, and ultra violet radiation (cancer), along with the vaccination/birth control (sterilization) campaign which is mainly focused on nations on the African continent. 18 of the 24 nations are located in Africa.
www.lifenews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Metaphysique
[
but refuse to address contrail[pseudo] science's and it's 3 sister sites 10 year domain licenses
all using the most expensive software.

Where's all that money coming from?

What 3 sister sites?

How much does "the most expensive software" cost?

You failed to answer these questions yesterday, and your own questions as to funding were answered, so it's kind of beginning to look like you actually arent' interested in truth of evidence so much as being on a crusade - one for which you have no actual evidence at all?

If Contrail science is a problem then why not point out the errors on it?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Mikeultra

There is your answer to why it (geo-engineering/chem-trails) would be undertaken.

Indeed - ther has never been any question that using aircraft for SRM by way of generating aerosols MIGHT be used for geoengineering.

sorry is it is news to you - but it has had serious discussion in the eral world for several years now.

Bill Gates and his camp are very concerned about too many people living on this planet. So along with other filthy rich elites, they fund geo-engineering to alter the climate in a negative way to bring the world more droughts, famine, and ultra violet radiation (cancer), along with the vaccination/birth control (sterilization) campaign which is mainly focused on nations on the African continent. 18 of the 24 nations are located in Africa.
www.lifenews.com...

Is there a conspiracy theory you don't like?

Good grief - the linking of chemtrails to mythological population control by Bill Gates' vaccination campaign is typical of how CT's muddy the waters with Gish Gallops.

You were actually on to real evidence and something that you could usefully campaign against (potential geoengineering) - and you would have a lot of science ON YOUR SIDE.

But no - you have to go off into lala land....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It's all related. Gates funding geo-engineering and also into population control. Can't you see the connection?

edit on 12-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: to

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

P.S. and do not post links to neversoft's wiki page WITHOUT submitting proof of them as being thor's [among other many pseudonyms] financial backers, as tsurfer did yesterday. a such despicably childish action as to not deserve a reply.

That really did hurt your feelings didn't it?

As I said in the other thread if you have such a need to know the mans finances ask him, btw he is also a member here.

Do you really think your in a position to call someone despicable and childish?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Mikeultra
Here's a source from the U.K. speaking of pumping aerosols into the atmosphere by way of aircraft

Aye, a long mooted but much debated (in scientific circles) proposal. One which the scientific consensus is currently "not a good idea!".

Nothing to do with what people call chemtrails though since such an operation would not be visible from the ground - any more than sulphur aerosols from volcanoes are

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Mikeultra

It's all related. Gates funding geo-engineering and also into population control. Can't you see the connection?

Sure - Bill Gates' is the connection.

He funds lots of things that he thinks might be of benefit to people.

I do to - albeit for a $ or 2 on public collections rather than millions for foundations!!

What's the problem?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

Mikeultra
Here's a source from the U.K. speaking of pumping aerosols into the atmosphere by way of aircraft

Aye, a long mooted but much debated (in scientific circles) proposal. One which the scientific consensus is currently "not a good idea!".

Nothing to do with what people call chemtrails though since such an operation would not be visible from the ground - any more than sulphur aerosols from volcanoes are

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? This is invisible? Surely you jest!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Metaphysique

are you still using that facile and debunked argument?

funny how you point out donate buttons as if this were some sort of scarlet letter,

but refuse to address contrail[pseudo] science's and it's 3 sister sites 10 year domain licenses

funny how a donation button button is the mark of cain for some yet the same folks are trying to get something for nothing at the taxpayers expense.

follow the money indeed.

Sigh. It's just plain sad that in this day and age, with the Google so easy to use, especially since you are presumably already on a computer of some sort. How much does it cost to secure a domain name?

It costs about $12.00 a year to get a domain.

It can cost as much as $9.95 a month to host a site, but you can do it cheaper.

Now I will admit, you COULD buy software to make a site. Or, in the case of Mike, who was a software designer, you could use notepad and HTML code to make your site.

So while those numbers may be well beyond your financial means, the person who owns those sites sold his software company and apparently did well with that. So the cost of less than $150 a year per site could possibly be well within his realm of cost.

Is there anything else about that site you have issues with? Like it's content? if so, let's hear what's wrong. Otherwise, as has been said, close the pie hole.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

You do know that people on the other side of the world can feel the effects and not see the eruption, which would mean they were invisible to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Mikeultra

AndyMayhew

Mikeultra

Some of those aerosols are still up in the sky. How about showing me a picture of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

funny how you point out donate buttons as if this were some sort of scarlet letter,

What exactly would you like answered, because I am pretty sure we discussed that in the other thread.

So have you addressed the wrongs in any of his sites and contacted him about it?

You do know your becoming borderline obsessive concerning Mr. West, and that isn't healthy..

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Mikeultra

AndyMayhew

Mikeultra

Dust and ash is not the sulphur aerosols.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Korg Trinity
I have found it quite incredible the lengths that some people will go to attempt to debunk the subject of chemtrails.

what is incredible about looking up already existing science??

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Looks like a lot of volcanic ash to me. Is that what chemtrails are?

btw if you look very, very carefully, you might just make out some volcanic ash here:

Chemtrails?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Actually hter is a post on Metabunk where the costs of running it are detailed -

There are three costs
1.Domain registration. I use Namecheap.com, for metabunk.org, .net, and .com. This is $36 per year.
2.Server hosting. I use Linode.com, a Linode 2GB instance, at $40 per month. But this is shared with several other sites, so I'd say around $20 per month, or $240 per year*
3.Forum Software. Xenforo.com, This was $140 initially, then $40 per year for upgrades. So let's amortise that at $80 per year, assuming I'll be around for another 3-4 years.
Total = 36+240+80 = $356 per year. About $30 per month, or $1 per day.

(*I also use Cloudflare.com, but that's free.)

and of course Contrail Science runs on Wordpress - which is free.

I wonder what the next argument that avoids addressing any evidence will be??
edit on 12-11-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: Add note about contral science.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Wow. That's a bit over twice what I had thought.

Well beyond the means of someone who makes $2.25 a day. Otherwise, with careful money management, who knows the possibilities.

edit to add:

Aloysius the Gaul
I wonder what the next argument that avoids addressing any evidence will be??

I think we all know that nothing but the soft sound of tears falling mixed with crickets is all that will be heard.

edit on 12-11-2013 by network dude because: whiners will whine.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm Mick West, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions about my sites, but I think it's largely covered above. I'm a retired video game company owner (we did Tony Hawk), and I spend $1 a day of my own money. It's a hobby.

Regarding the OP, while there's certainly a hoax aspect to it, the majority of the promotion of the chemtrail theory comes from people who genuinely believe in it. People like Michael J. Murphy, Dane Wigington, and William Thomas. They continue to promote it because they think it's a genuine issue.

There is, however, an increasing profit motive for some people, people like Alex Jones, or web sites like BeforeItsNews - who rely on fear-based marketing of prepper items as a primary income stream.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join