It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK & the UFO conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Michael Salla has done some excellent pieces recently on the possible UFO connection in JFK's murder. Fifty years ago today, JFK issued an historic space cooperation proposal between the US and USSR. Kennedy saw cooperation in space as the best path forward, and evidence indicates some others didn't agree.

Before you throw this idea out, here are a few things to consider.

1. Kennedy, as mentioned, made this historic proposal on Nov 12, 1963 and he was shot 10 days later. He also called for detailed information on everything we knew about UFOs.
2. There is the burned memo, possibly indicting a CIA plot to "deal with Lancer" (JKF), who was asking too many questions about the UFO subject.
3. No us president since has dared to mention UFOs while in office, other than answering a question if asked. Even that was rare. Reagan and Carter had their own very unusual sightings, and Ford led a congressional committee in the 1960s. Yet, all three went silent on the subject after going into office.

JFK story

edit on 12-11-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Bad link

edit on 12-11-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oooooo! This is my kinda thread.

I know nothing of this but will sit back and watch the thread start if you don't mind.

Very interesting indeed!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Although this subject has been picked up on here before (a number of times to be honest) ,perhaps it is an ideal time to give at fresh impetus with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination?
Now before the “already a thread here police” jump all over this please remember it is very difficult to revive older threads that contain pages of posts as most members simply do not have the time or inclination to read through them all. Especially those more used to the brevity of other social media

So instead of letting this one die on it’s feet I’m going to put a bit of effort into keeping this one going for at least a day or two more!

Surely the linking of the greatest two conspiracies of the 20th Century is certainly an interesting one?
Especially at this moment in time, a half century since America and the rest of the free world witnessed the shot that was heard around the world and the “end of the innocence” that took a decade or more to sink in. If you're slipping in concentration here’s the musical break for y’all.

The JFK, UFO connection was the whole premise for “Dark Skies” a 1990s TV series best summed up in this short clip >>>>

Bryce Zabel, who produced the series, has gone on record stating that linking Kennedy with a UFO/Roswell arc was purely a plot device to have two of the world’s greatest conspiracies forming the basis of the TV series. He has made it clear that there was no outside influence and Dark Skies is a work of fiction for television.

The MJ12 documents were already in circulation in the mid-1990s and formed a major influence on the series. These documents are considered fakes by many and a mix of mis-information and a disguised truth by others. Whoever released these documents possibly knew that someone would incorporate them into a movie or TV series. Perhaps an unseen hand really did work behind the scenes? This is something alluded to by the programme makers but also avoided in equal measure.

Half a century has passed and questions are still being asked about the JFK assassination. Whilst it is unlikely Kennedy was killed for wanting to reveal the “truth about UFOs” here are the two documents referred to in the original post.

There is not one single iota of hard proof that has been put out into the public domain to confirm the existence of a real “alien issue”. These documents have been around a long time and are certainly not “proof”. Nor has it ever been proven that there was a conspiracy to take out the leader of the Free World. But the 1960s were an era when the conspiracy theories festered and buried themselves into the very fabric of society.

I would bet that most of you out there think there is more to this than has ever been made known?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

This theory has been out there a few years. Researchers like Grant Cameron have pulled one of the documents as a result of the FOIA. The timeline is interesting.

The documents timing is interesting and they are no doubt real. The Kennedy memos about space cooperation and UFO study are genuine. But, for the theory to have any substance at all, you have to believe that the "burned memo" is a real document. Otherwise you officially just have a coincidence.

But, the burned memo is a potential smoking gun. For those unaware,the burned memo is a recent "find". As reported in the DailyMail link below, the CIA director made an threat, if true as captured in the "burned memo".

In a note sent with the document, the apparent leaker said he worked for CIA between 1960 and 1974 and pulled the memo from a fire when the agency was burning some of its most sensitive files. The undated memo contains a reference to ‘Lancer’, which was JFK's Secret Service code name.

‘As you must know, Lancer has made some inquiries regarding our activities, which we cannot allow. ‘Please submit your views no later than October. Your action to this matter is critical to the continuance of the group.’

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting stuff and wasn't aware of that speech at the UN on 20th September, 1963 - below is a related (yet unsubstantiated) document dealing with the subject of UFOs, President Kennedy, Marylin Monroe and Dorothy Kilgallen - if anyone knows any more info about this one then please post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4aa7b4de679a.jpg[/atsimg]

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

Subject: Marilyn Monroe

Date: 3 August 1962

Report No.: Blocked out

No. Pages: Blocked Out

References: [ROCK DUST?] Project 54

TEXT:
Wiretap of telephone conversation between reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and
[illegible] alone (?) friend Howard Rothberg (A) from wiretap of
telephone conversation [gap] of Marilyn Monroe and Attorney General
Robert Kennedy (B).

Appraisal of Contents: [Blocked Out]

1. Rothberg discussed the apparent [illegible] of subject with Kilgallen
and the [illegible] breakup with the Kennedys. Rothberg told Kilgallen
that she was attending [illegible] Hollywood parties hosted by the
“inner circle” among Hollywood elite and [illegible] and was becoming
the talk of the town again. Rothberg indicated in so many words, that
she had secrets to tell, no doubt, arising from her trists [sic] the
President and the Attorney General. One such [Illegible] mentions visit
by the President at a secret air base for the purpose of Inspecting
things from outer space. Kilgallen replied that she knew what might be
the source of the visit. In the mid-fifties, Kilgallen learned of secret
effort [sic] by US and UK governments to identify [illegible] origins of
crashed spacecraft and dead bodies, from a British government official.
Kilgallen believed the story may have come from the [Illegible] in the
late forties. Kilgallen said if that the story is true, it would
[Illegible] terrible embarrassment [Illegible] Jack and his plans to
have NASA put man on the moon.

2. Subject repeatedly called the Attorney General and complained about
the way she was being ignored by the President and his brother.

3. Subject threatened to hold a press conference and would tell all.

4. Subject made references to “bases” in Cuba and [knew?] [Illegible] of
the President’s plan to kill Castro

5. Subject made reference to her “diary of secrets” and what the
newspapers would do with such disclosures.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As to point 3... well some Presidents have addressed the UFO topic whilst others have avoided it but still became embroiled in it all.

In 1939 it is alleged that Roosevelt's Secretary of State, Cordell Hull, took his cousin Reverend Turner Hamilton Holt to a sub-basement in the U.S. Capitol building and revealed 4 strange creatures in glass tubes preserved in formaldehyde along with a wrecked craft.

Source : www.ufocasebook.com...

On January 12th 1972 Oklahoma resident Sherry Eckhardt was trying to speak with her mother on the telephone when she hears a voice say something like : “We issued an alarm … We are getting objects with a radar that appear on the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico … Fighters are on the way … An object has fallen into the Pacific Ocean, the fighters were shot down.” “Call the president on the phone!” . She then heard someone sounding very like Richard Nixon speak, "This is probably the most unusual phone call I’ll ever make."

The White House denied everything.

worldufophotosandnews.org...

Then of course there is Nixon's visit to see dead alien bodies with his friend and comedian Jackie Gleason.

George Bush Snr, when asked to reveal the truth over the UFO issue is said to have declared "I know some.....I know a fair amount"

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Clinton actively admitted going after the truth but getting nowhere. He pressed the Air Force on the Roswell Report to address the alien bodies question. He even went totally off topic in his Belfast peace address by referring to a letter about Roswell and declaring

"I got a letter from 13-year-old Ryan from Belfast. Now, Ryan, if you're out in the crowd tonight, here's the answer to your question. No, as far as I know, an alien spacecraft did not crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. And, Ryan, if the United States Air Force did recover alien bodies, they didn't tell me about it, either, and I want to know. "

Bill Clinton, despite his lofty position, found getting to the truth about UFOs as difficult as any other researcher into the topic. In an interview in 2005 he even said.

"Well I don't know if you all heard this, but, there was actually, when I was president in my second term, there was an anniversary observance of Roswell. Remember that? People came to Roswell, New Mexico from all over the world. And there was also a site in Nevada where people were convinced that the government had buried a UFO and perhaps an alien deep underground because we wouldn't allow anybody to go there. And uhm… I can say now, 'cause it's now been released into the public domain.... This place in Nevada was really serious, that there was an alien artifact there. So I actually sent somebody there to figure it out." "I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that revealed things. If there were, they were concealed from me too. And if there were, well I wouldn't be the first American president that underlings have lied to, or that career bureaucrats have waited out. But there may be some career person sitting around somewhere, hiding these dark secrets, even from elected presidents. But if so, they successfully eluded me…and I'm almost embarrassed to tell you I did (chuckling) try to find out." Source: presidentialufo.com...

Yet of all the Presidents he was the one who came closest to every revealing that there is life beyond this planet when on August 7, 1996 he announced the discovery of possible signs of life found in a rock from Mars.

Make of it all what you will......(and I've ignored Carter and Reagan's comments)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Mirage man,

Great post and terrific information to add to this important topic!

I believe in UFOs operated by a non-human intelligence. I also believe that our government covered up both the Kennedy assignation and the UFO subject. I also believe elements within our government are not beyond "dealing with problems" via murder if necessary.

Put all of this together, and what seems implausible (JFK being silenced to keep UFO secrets), suddenly doesn't seem so impossible.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very interesting!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

You probably know more than me on this one mate.

But all those referred to in that memo, the Kennedy brothers, Marilyn Monroe and Dorothy Kilgallen were all dead before the decade was out.

JFK as we all know was cruelly murdered in November 22, 1963

The "burned" memo, if genuine, of course is dated August 3, 1962.

Marilyn Monroe was officially found dead in her apartment in the early hours of August 5, 1962. Her death could be called suspicious and the time of it could well have been much the early evening of the August 4. There are rumours that Bobby Kennedy had visited Monroe the day before she was found dead. It is also noted that her last phone call was made to the White House.

Dorothy Killgallen was one of the stars of the TV show “What’s My Line”, a very popular socialite and a journalist who involved herself in the investigations of a number of conspiracy theories. An article she penned was printed in the Los Angeles Examiner on 23 May 1955:

British scientists and airmen, after examining the wreckage of one mysterious flying ship, are convinced these strange aerial objects are not optical illusions or Soviet inventions, but are flying saucers which originate on another planet. The source of my information is a British official of cabinet rank who prefers to remain unidentified. ‘We believe’ he said on the basis of our enquiry thus far, that the saucers are staffed by small men – probably under four feet tall. It is frightening, but there is no denying that the flying saucers come from another planet. This official quoted scientists as saying a flying ship of this type could not have possibly been constructed on earth. The British Government, I learned, is withholding an official report on the flying saucer examined at this time, possibly because it does not wish to frighten the public. When my husband (Richard Kollmer, Broadway producer and radio commentator) and I arrived here in Britain for a brief vacation, I had no premonition that I would be catapulting myself into the controversy over whether flying saucers are real or imaginary. In the United States all kinds of explanations have been advanced. But no responsible official of the United States Air Force has yet intimated that the mysterious flying ships had actually vaulted from outer space.”

Her source in this case is believed to be Lord Louis Mountbatten (the Uncle of the Queen’s spouse Prince Philip). These two men had a very keen interest in the UFO phenomenon and coincidentally their staff were involved in alleged encounters with aliens.

Kilgallen died in her sleep on November 8, 1965 aged aged 52. According Jim Marrs the cause of death was initially reported as a heart attack, but the story rapidly morphed into an overdose of alcohol and pills. However it’s a bit more difficult to say this was suspicious.

As for Bobby Kennedy, well, he appeared to hold a mildly sceptical view of the UFO issue. He had often responded to letters from the public regarding his views. He would reply politely that he held an open mind to the existence of life beyond this earth but that the data available did not prove this was the case.

Of course that could simply be a front. If the stories about John F. Kennedy and aliens have any truth about them then it is almost certain that Bobby would have been privy to the same knowledge. If John F.Kennedy had tried to wrest back control of the UFO/alien issue to the man in the Whitehouse then you could speculate that his brother would have been involved. There is even that trail that links Bobby Kennedy to the death of Marilyn Monroe to keep her silent on the issue.

Bobby Kennedy was gunned down in cold blood by Sirhan Sirhan on June 6, 1968. A man who claims to have no memory of his evil actions.

Just before his death in 1998, Colonel Phillip Corso, claimed that he had briefed Kennedy on alien technology. Did someone, on the deep inside, decide to prevent another Kennedy reaching the Whitehouse to keep the UFO secrets sealed and above Presidential access?

Whilst Bobby Kennedy may well have known more about the issue than has ever entered the public domain it seems that , like his brother, he was killed for more reasons to do with the enemies he’d made down here rather than somewhere out there.

However if that burned memo is genuine then there is one hell of a plot if you want to join the dots together.

edit on 13/11/13 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

This thread is relevant to my interests because I do believe in mega conspiracies and mega plays.

JFK's outreach efforts on space cooperation would be seen, generally, as total capitulation to the Soviets, whom had enjoyed world wide recognition as leaders in space exploration up to that year, and continued to brandish new firsts in space year after year ahead of America's dismal string of 2nd place showings.

1939-now is a huge mega conspiracy, a distraction, to keep us occupied for 75 years. Distracted from what? Distracted from the evidence of ET or Ancient Aliens, or both!

If someone/some group wanted to remove JFK from office in November 1963 there were literally dozens of other ways to get him out of office. Setting up an assassination is the most likely way to get caught!

If LHO acted alone, he was handled, that also points again to a large conspiracy to get LHO into all of his locations at the precise times. All this sneaking around?

It would have been easier to embarrass the president completely in the crucial months before November 1964 and that would remove JFK from office and leave his legacy as a 1-term, hot shot, who was too young and lacked the experience for the job. It's a simple job to rig an election and get him out of office.

But to kill him in broad daylight means that he was very close to the truth of something. Not just the Federal Reserve stuff, or his battle against the intelligence establishment, or his womanizing, or his varying stances on relationships with communist countries, or his relationship with the Pope, was he going to disclose ET in the next few weeks?

top topics

join