It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict of interest?? Affair with ex???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have NO idea where to post this, so, well, since I am fuming, guess this would fit.

My lets call him ex number 2's lawyer, had an affair with my say ex #1 for 4 years and absolutely HATED me, before ex #2 ever hired her, and well, ex number 2 KNEW this and specifically hired her because of it.

I told my lawyer, and he said, "oh well", that's too bad, a bit late now...

She has gone all over the place into pretty much fantasy land with the case, and is doing things I am sure any professional would never attempt, had they not had a personal vendetta before being hired.

It is likely I will win my case, but the amount of slander and like I said "fantasy" fabrications have gone so over the top, that now I am fuming from all of the false accusations made.

Even though they will probably never go anywhere, it still is just boiling my blood!

IS there ANYTHING about this that may be a conflict of interest or obstruction of justice as it feels??

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

surely your own solicitor is a better source of advice on this ???

but personally - if you can supphehna opposing council and have your own brief ask some pointed questions - it might make for an interesting corss examination

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

My solicitor is just not strong enough to bring it up, he is afraid of her. He told me he didn't want to get booed out of the "lawyers club" over something like that.

I had a fever at the time, and didn't fight it, but wish I had now.

Erks me to the high heavens!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I thought there was something you could file, like an ethical issue complaint with the bar association? Or are you not in the US?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Just be glad you don't have her for a lawyer, she clearly has poor judgement.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

hidingthistime

My solicitor is just not strong enough to bring it up, he is afraid of her. He told me he didn't want to get booed out of the "lawyers club" over something like that.

Sack him - If he's afraid of her and not strong enough to handle her then he's not

earning the vast fees
he's probably charging you!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

hidingthistime

Well then its time you got a new solicitor, is'nt it?
If it irks you that much, you need to change him

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

If you're in the U.S. you could file complaint with BAR association but you would need proof of the relationship. Also, you'd need to hire a new attorney that is competent. Here's a spiffy site:

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

WOW. I have a hard time believing he would be so candid but there ya go. Start shopping for a new one and bring all this up. Not entirely sure if there is a conflict of interest, but it's worth looking into, and I wouldn't trust a lawyer that so readily admits to being a pushover. Trust being a relative term here.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for listening.
Our case is already over and waiting for a verdict, but I was thinking if by any weird chance, we loose, I will appeal on account of my lawyer being incompetent.

Been waiting for like 6 months, and the ex stopped paying the property taxes and auctioned off my house, but I was never informed that it was up for auction, so they are trying to take my home away, but I figure I deserve a chance to pay the stupid taxes and own/buy/bid on my own house, it is ridiculous.

I reallllly feel like I will win for some strange reason though, because the judge was so honest, and even stopped either lawyer when they wandered off into anything not right, and well, just the fact it is taking this long.

Pray for us!
My son and I made a HOME here, so it is not just some"house", I will gladly give away my other "house" to keep this one which is our "home".

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

top topics

join