It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi finds $98,000 in a desk he bought on craigslist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
A Rabbi in Connecticut found $98,000 in a desk he bought on Craigslist.

He found it when he had to take the desk apart to fit it through a doorway, he said it was behing the drawers in a plastic bag..

The next day he returned the money to who he bought the desk from. The lady who sold him the desk said it was money from an inheritance and she had forgotten where she put it..

Ok I call complete B.S. on her forgetting where she put $98,000 in cash, absolutely no way someone forgets where they put 100 grand....

I'll be honest, I would have kept the money, how about you?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A young Rabbi who found nearly $100,000 in cash inside a desk he purchased online returned the money the next day, according to multiple reports.

New Haven, Conn., resident Noah Muroff bought the desk on Craigslist in September for just $150, but he made an incredible discovery when he took the desk apart to fit it through a doorway, local ABC affiliate WTNH-TV reports

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

More proof Rabbi's are dumbasses.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I would have found nothing, and been very, very happy with my new desk!
LoL

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Personally speaking, I think that the actions of the Rabbi were laudable. And as for forgetting where one has put $98,000 is concerned, I cannot say that I would ever be able to forget such a hefty wad of cash. In fact I would be very careful to keep track of it.

However, not everyone has thought processes which would strike one as being overly logical I suppose.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If my mom were to come and "clean" my house, I would assure you that the money would be lost forever. But yeah, I would have never returned that cash because that kind of money would be like drug money and I'd say "you snooze you lose".

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That money would have been mine mine mine!

Forgot where she put 90 grand...yah right! That dude=dumbass.!..lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well I guess that puts the stupid old 'Jews + money' stereotype to rest, finally.

It amazes me that we live in the year 2013 and some people out there probably still think this would have been the outcome:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is there some cultural limitation on honesty and high morals?

The temptation to benefit from someone else's mistakes and forgetfulness might be stronger is some than in others, but I doubt it has anything to do with any set of spiritual beliefs. It's a personal thing. The question before the man who found the money is if he is willing to live with a feeling of guilt for the rest of his life or not.

What you or I would do would be a measure of our own personality, which we'd not know for certain until a similar situation presented itself.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

tehdouglas
reply to post by goou111

that was uncalled for and racist
reported

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Im pretty sure they take away your Rabbi-ing license for that. He forgot the ancient hebrew law of " he who findeths it keepethst it, he who losethsts it weepethstssssts."

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He should have double checked on the inheritance.

Get police involved until she showed proof of an inheritance.

Otherwise it would go into pile and if left unclaimed would have been his legally after so many days.

That would have been the "smart" right thing to do.

Or just keep it.

Anyone who forgets 90k in a desk is an idiot or a criminal.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere

tehdouglas
reply to post by goou111

reported

How is that racist? Rabbi aren't a race... It's like saying Priests are pedos. Has nothing to do with race.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere

tehdouglas
reply to post by goou111

reported

Would you have said the same thing if he said Priests are dumbasses? I doubt it. Neither are racist though.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Did they give the name of the lady who forgot it? If she forgot about the 100,000, what else she got kicking around in there, lol, time for a road trip!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tayton

You make a good point, did she at any time ever claim this money with the IRS? I think this warrants an investigation.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Em2013
reply to post by tayton

You make a good point, did she at any time ever claim this money with the IRS? I think this warrants an investigation.

Siding with the government... in 2013...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Naw, just being sarcastic. bwahahaha

top topics

join