It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pet theory

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

The book also more or less tells you how you could try to get in touch with these folks yourself...I've thought about it but I'm chicken.

This sounds intriguing :-) what's the gist of it? Chanting prayer in Latin whilst jerking off inside a pentagram surrounded by candles?

Pretty bizarre what people have done to get results eh, I wonder how weird and extreme folks taken things to get a reaction? Crazy I bet!

I've tried out thought forms and got results, nothing freaky though but then I never asked for it!
Hmmm.

Well that's Aquino's department.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

OkabeRintaro
With regard to the reference to the noosphere floated earlier (I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything -- I skimmed the thread), when we bring it in we run into the problem of precisely how much we must attribute to other mechanisms (even if we take less of a Jungian standpoint and more of a purely cybernetic one -- no telepathy, no akashic records, no archive of universal archetypes, and only communication through universally accepted though possibly liminal channels like eye movement and word choice). Folie au Deux is what we call a reality tunnel writ-small: two people share in a delusion actively, because (speaking in terms of cybernetics) their primary communication is with each other and so they reinforce a single delusion; Folie au Deux writ large is whatever segment of consensus reality has no physical basis (whatever goes away when we stop believing in it).

Unfortunately for us here, there are relatively few things that cannot be adequately explained by a shared delusion. It's not *entirely* impossible to disprove the shared-delusion hypothesis: it just requires enough outsiders of completely different reality tunnels to independently verify physical phenomena.

If we step back a moment and consider the minimal set of requirements to manufacture a group delusion among unwitting subjects (particularly if we don't particularly care what the content of the delusion is), we find that things like drugs and mind-warping machinery are merely catalysts for the process (neither necessary nor sufficient on their own). What is both necessary and sufficient is an in-group out-group division in terms of communication. Whenever significantly more communication occurs in the in-group than with the out-group (or between groups), initial (potentially random) biases become amplified into group delusions merely by feedback -- and both the speed of communication and the cleverness of individual group members contribute to the speed at which this occurs. An insular group of geniuses living communally in the middle of nowhere can without sufficient care very quickly disconnect from consensus reality entirely; anything that either improves intelligence or warps reasoning can accelerate the process.

This is something that links up with the Aviary thread, and might tie in the likes of Engelbart's Project Augment with more insidious projects. Even topics like user interface design can be weaponized -- it's clear that the imageboard format (and its capacity for high-speed anonymous communication supplemented with images) contributed significantly to the egregore we now call Anon. ARC and its NLS (and indeed the internet as a whole as a communications medium) makes it possible to experiment on insular groups geographically spread, with sample sizes much larger than a commune.

Really, any element of the group umwelt should be considered suspicious the moment is begins behaving under dream logic (precisely the thing that makes close encounter reports so difficult to analyse), but we must recall that not all things that behave according to dream logic are fully imaginary -- some merely have an imaginary component. (Money, for instance, is subject to the tinkerbell effect -- green paper obeys physical laws, but the value associated with the paper has its basis in belief and behaves just as paradoxically as a faery; actors in a play must act according to a script bound by narrative logic rather than acting realistically, and actors in a ritual must similarly obey the logic of ritual work, although the actors themselves are mortal and only the roles are memes). We can even hypothesize psychedelics, delusion, and misdirection as a kind of survival trait: an otherwise weak but intelligent being can gain the upper hand by dropping predators into their own nightmares (and someone -- maybe Redfern, though I don't recall -- suggested that perhaps some of the non-human homonids did just this).

Of course, if Agency X decided to drop the whole world into an internet-catalyzed collective dream -- well, they're locked in here with us now.

Good post I missed it last time I popped in. Maybe were looking for a thought experiment of the "Nothing is perfect, it cant be or it cant change genre. Then ipso facto how real is reality?" If it cant be perfect then where will we find the anomalies that prove it. But to do this we must understand the nature of reality, which is essentially sensed from given cues, through electronic code. If the input code can be changed electromagnetically then so is perceived reality. If a hypnotist can suggest that a subject will not see someone sitting next them. Then maybe that's the conundrum that we are in. But instead of a hypnotist suggestion, its a survival code that is planted over the many years of normal human conditioning. Humans do not levitate therefore if you claim to have levitated you are either mad or a liar. We cant operate within a human society with that slur. Or scientist giving his career the kiss of death by studying UFO's. which tend to exist in the outer limits of reality. The established agreed upon reality as experienced by most of humanity's shared psych that might exist in the group mind/noosphere, will put up with the novel entertainment value of the strangeness. But will recoil with disbelief if you levitated your way down main street. So any practical use of the strangeness, would tend to be kept secret and weaponised because it would indeed be the holy grail of having the edge. Especially in this society in this day and age.
We know the electron has strangeness, we know that fresh cells removed from someone's mouth react like they are still connected to the donors nervous system, at any distance. Their (the cells) level of consciousness doesn't realise that they now exist in a new duality/ reality. (Or consciousness doesn't exist in 3 dimensional reality), so for all purposes they do what they always do. Because of quantum entanglement? Or the cells consciousness are still connected with the body whole they came from. Another example of strangeness being documented are cases of heart transplant patients having the memories, of the donor. Hearts have a great deal of nervous tissue. We cant study the environment from 3 dimensional reality, since its consciousness that is doing the studying , then our consciousness is subjectively part of it. We can only observe from what we consider 3 dimensional reality, this effect isn't in 3 dimensional reality . There is no objective reality, for studying this effect it only has a subjective dimension. Take rats that have learnt to travel a maze, then these same poor rats have there brains fed to rats that haven't worked the maze, then these new rats do it without having to learn the task. Memories being an essential part of consciousness in an individual, suggest that memories from one individual can be hijacked at some level by another under certain circumstances. How empathetic is that? It smells like consciousness is everywhere.
edit on 1-12-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

The established agreed upon reality as experienced by most of humanity's shared psych that might exist in the group mind/noosphere, will put up with the novel entertainment value of the strangeness. But will recoil with disbelief if you levitated your way down main street. So any practical use of the strangeness, would tend to be kept secret and weaponised because it would indeed be the holy grail of having the edge. Especially in this society in this day and age.

I like your thinking! Especially the above text.
Kind of like mass hysteria, when we reach the threshold of reality what we perceive as high weirdness its masked from us most of the time? Hmmm.

noosphere! Great word :-)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

OkabeRintaro
With regard to the reference to the noosphere floated earlier (I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything -- I skimmed the thread), when we bring it in we run into the problem of precisely how much we must attribute to other mechanisms (even if we take less of a Jungian standpoint and more of a purely cybernetic one -- no telepathy, no akashic records, no archive of universal archetypes, and only communication through universally accepted though possibly liminal channels like eye movement and word choice). Folie au Deux is what we call a reality tunnel writ-small: two people share in a delusion actively, because (speaking in terms of cybernetics) their primary communication is with each other and so they reinforce a single delusion; Folie au Deux writ large is whatever segment of consensus reality has no physical basis (whatever goes away when we stop believing in it).

Unfortunately for us here, there are relatively few things that cannot be adequately explained by a shared delusion. It's not *entirely* impossible to disprove the shared-delusion hypothesis: it just requires enough outsiders of completely different reality tunnels to independently verify physical phenomena.

If we step back a moment and consider the minimal set of requirements to manufacture a group delusion among unwitting subjects (particularly if we don't particularly care what the content of the delusion is), we find that things like drugs and mind-warping machinery are merely catalysts for the process (neither necessary nor sufficient on their own). What is both necessary and sufficient is an in-group out-group division in terms of communication. Whenever significantly more communication occurs in the in-group than with the out-group (or between groups), initial (potentially random) biases become amplified into group delusions merely by feedback -- and both the speed of communication and the cleverness of individual group members contribute to the speed at which this occurs. An insular group of geniuses living communally in the middle of nowhere can without sufficient care very quickly disconnect from consensus reality entirely; anything that either improves intelligence or warps reasoning can accelerate the process.

This is something that links up with the Aviary thread, and might tie in the likes of Engelbart's Project Augment with more insidious projects. Even topics like user interface design can be weaponized -- it's clear that the imageboard format (and its capacity for high-speed anonymous communication supplemented with images) contributed significantly to the egregore we now call Anon. ARC and its NLS (and indeed the internet as a whole as a communications medium) makes it possible to experiment on insular groups geographically spread, with sample sizes much larger than a commune.

Really, any element of the group umwelt should be considered suspicious the moment is begins behaving under dream logic (precisely the thing that makes close encounter reports so difficult to analyse), but we must recall that not all things that behave according to dream logic are fully imaginary -- some merely have an imaginary component. (Money, for instance, is subject to the tinkerbell effect -- green paper obeys physical laws, but the value associated with the paper has its basis in belief and behaves just as paradoxically as a faery; actors in a play must act according to a script bound by narrative logic rather than acting realistically, and actors in a ritual must similarly obey the logic of ritual work, although the actors themselves are mortal and only the roles are memes). We can even hypothesize psychedelics, delusion, and misdirection as a kind of survival trait: an otherwise weak but intelligent being can gain the upper hand by dropping predators into their own nightmares (and someone -- maybe Redfern, though I don't recall -- suggested that perhaps some of the non-human homonids did just this).

Of course, if Agency X decided to drop the whole world into an internet-catalyzed collective dream -- well, they're locked in here with us now.

Good stuff. I think Mac Tonnies was the author you're looking for. I'll be ordering a book soon I think you might find interesting: 'Cyberbiological studies of the imaginal component in the UFO contact experience'. Should make for some interesting reading.

Edit: Argh. They want 23 dollars in shipping for some reason. >_< www.tricksterbook.com... This might be of interest to my intrepid fan club.

edit on 12013f3112America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

stealthyaroura
reply to post by anonentity

The established agreed upon reality as experienced by most of humanity's shared psych that might exist in the group mind/noosphere, will put up with the novel entertainment value of the strangeness. But will recoil with disbelief if you levitated your way down main street. So any practical use of the strangeness, would tend to be kept secret and weaponised because it would indeed be the holy grail of having the edge. Especially in this society in this day and age.

I like your thinking! Especially the above text.
Kind of like mass hysteria, when we reach the threshold of reality what we perceive as high weirdness its masked from us most of the time? Hmmm.

noosphere! Great word :-)

Yes its very hard to explain, but the known stuff, does seem to suggest that consciousness doesn't exist in 3 dimensional space. But we have to pretend it does to make the agreed upon reality work. We could be either part of one consciousness or nodes of information in it, or a bit of both, either way whether we are dead or alive no information seems to be lost.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Nice catch with that link! I'm sure GUT mentioned this group "Archaeus" but I've not seen the journals before. Nice find
Some interesting reading for sure, all the usual suspects too.

Its journal, Archaeus, was published in five volumes from 1983 to 1989. It carried papers from a variety of contributors, with names familiar to paranormal researchers, including (in order of first appearance): Eldon A. Byrd, Jack Houck, James McClenon, John Thomas Richards, Dennis Stillings, Robert C. Beck, Jule Eisenbud, Andrija Puharich, Elizabeth A. Rauscher, Otto H. Schmitt, George P. Hansen, W. E. Cox, Robert E. L. Masters, Earl E. Bakken, Hilary Evans, Martin S. Kottmeyer, Peter M. Rojcewicz, Michael Grosso, Alvin H. Lawson, Michael A. Persinger.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

stealthyaroura
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Nice catch with that link! I'm sure GUT mentioned this group "Archaeus" but I've not seen the journals before. Nice find
Some interesting reading for sure, all the usual suspects too.

Its journal, Archaeus, was published in five volumes from 1983 to 1989. It carried papers from a variety of contributors, with names familiar to paranormal researchers, including (in order of first appearance): Eldon A. Byrd, Jack Houck, James McClenon, John Thomas Richards, Dennis Stillings, Robert C. Beck, Jule Eisenbud, Andrija Puharich, Elizabeth A. Rauscher, Otto H. Schmitt, George P. Hansen, W. E. Cox, Robert E. L. Masters, Earl E. Bakken, Hilary Evans, Martin S. Kottmeyer, Peter M. Rojcewicz, Michael Grosso, Alvin H. Lawson, Michael A. Persinger.

www.facebook.com...

The Archaeus Project was one of the groups active in the 1980s and early 1990s. It was founded in 1982 in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area (Bakken, n.d., p.74), and during its early years it focused heavily, though not exclusively, on the paranormal. It conducted investigations, sponsored lecture series, held conferences, established a library, and published periodicals and monographs.

Its journal, Archaeus, was published in five volumes, from 1983 to 1989. It carried papers from a variety of contributors, with names familiar to paranormal researchers, including (in order of first appearance): Eldon A. Byrd, Jack Houck, James McClenon, John Thomas Richards, Dennis Stillings, Robert C. Beck, Jule Eisenbud, Andrija Puharich, Elizabeth A. Rauscher, Otto H. Schmitt, George P. Hansen, W. E. Cox, Robert E. L. Masters, Earl E. Bakken, Hilary Evans, Martin S. Kottmeyer, Peter M. Rojcewicz, Michael Grosso, Alvin H. Lawson, Michael A. Persinger.

The Archaeus Project began as a discussion group in the home of Earl Bakken, an inventor-businessman who co-founded Medtronic, which was ranked number 222 in the 2007 Fortune 500 list, with a market value of $57 billion (Bakken, n.d., p. 73; Fortune 500, 2007, pp. F-11 – F-12). The group was soon joined by Dennis Stillings, who had earlier built the collections of The Bakken, now a renowned library and museum focusing on electricity and life (Bakken, n.d., pp. 70-71; Stillings, 2001). Stillings went on to become the director of the Archaeus Project.

The group had a number of other members with significant mainstream accomplishments. Otto Schmitt, an eminent biophysicist, was one of the early members involved with paranormal investigations. The November-December 2004 issue of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine devoted over 40 pages to Schmitt and his work, including an article by Stillings. John E. Haaland, a former Corporate Vice President of the Pillsbury Company, was another member. In 1998 Haaland and members of Robert Jahn’s PEAR (Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research) laboratory at Princeton University received a patent for an electronic random-number generator used to control a game toy or computer display (Bradish et al, 1998). Archaeus Project member Karen Olness, M.D., a professor of pediatrics, has received honors for improving children’s health around the world.

The Archaeus Project kept in touch with other groups and brought active researchers to Minneapolis and St. Paul for public lectures. Stillings was given sufficient funds for considerable travel, and he had a chance to observe a wide range of paranormal activities and the subcultures surrounding them. Through its journal Archaeus and its newsletter/magazine Artifex it chronicled the paranormal scene, and Stillings provided illuminating commentary, often from a Jungian perspective. (Most of his commentaries are not currently available online.)

In 1993 the Archaeus Project moved to Hawaii as its focus shifted to more mainstream healthcare-related matters. In 2001 it became a sole proprietorship owned by Dennis Stillings. It has not since been active in paranormal areas, though Stillings retains his personal interest.

The Archaeus Project and Anti-structure

The Archaeus Project displays characteristics of anti-structure that typify many paranormal groups. The term anti-structure captures the instability and marginality of paranormal organizations, as well as the lack of long-lived institutions that remain effective. (I am speaking here primarily of those groups that make attempts to directly engage paranormal phenomena.)

The word anti-structure was used by anthropologist Victor Turner in the subtitle of his book The Ritual Process: Structure and Anti-Structure (1969). He used it almost synonymously with liminality. Neither of the two terms is commonly known within paranormal fields, and indeed, even young anthropologists are not too likely to be familiar with the words (the social sciences are marked by a high degree of faddishness). Yet Turner was a major figure in anthropology; his concepts have been adopted in other fields, and extensions of his theoretical work give considerable insight into the paranormal. A full explanation of anti-structure and its ramifications would take too much space here. But I hope that the reader will get some sense of them from this discussion.

The Archaeus Project had office space and a paid staff. But it was small. Most of the work was done by Stillings, with help from Gail Duke. Yet for a paranormal group, it was well supported; indeed it would be the envy of many researchers today. Nevertheless, by comparison to a conventional business, church, or school, it was a tiny operation. It was not integrated into a larger organization; rather, it was an autonomous entity. That allowed considerable freedom but made it more vulnerable to the vagaries of funding, personnel changes, etc.

The Archaeus Project was supported by a wealthy individual, rather than government agencies or foundations run by professional philanthropists. As I pointed out in my book (pp. 197-198), the funding sources for psychical research reflect the anti-structural nature of psi. The greatest support for open (i.e., nonclassified) research has come from wealthy individuals such as James S. McDonnell (McDonnell Douglas Corporation), Thomas Welton Stanford (brother of Leland Stanford, founder of Stanford University), Frances Bolton (congresswoman), Thomas Baker Slick, Jr. (oil man), John E. Fetzer (owner of radio and television stations and the Detroit Tigers baseball team), George W. Church, Jr. (Church’s Fried Chicken), W. Clement Stone (insurance magnate), Arthur Koestler (author), Chester F. Carlson (inventor of the Xerox process), Masaru Ibuka (co-founder of Sony), and Robert Bigelow (real estate tycoon, Bigelow Aerospace). Overall, large philanthropic institutions have made comparatively modest contributions. Some of the people listed above established foundations to support parapsychology, but after their deaths, professional philanthropists took control, changed the focus of the foundations, and eliminated support for parapsychology. Unlike other areas of science, it is not institutions (e.g., corporations, government agencies, philanthropic foundations), but rather individuals, who have provided the primary financial backing for psychical research. This is simply another manifestation of anti-structure and the anti-institutional nature of psi.

The Archaeus Project’s involvement with paranormal topics spanned approximately 10 years. Its historical trajectory is typical of other groups. In the early phase, experiments were undertaken, and efforts were made to directly observe paranormal events. Small newsletters were published. As the Archaeus Project became more established, the bulk of its efforts shifted more toward publishing its journal and magazine, rather than directly engaging the phenomena. Eventually, attention turned away from paranormal topics altogether, and its research into the paranormal failed to be effectively institutionalized for the long term.

Concluding Comments

Some might perceive my above comments as being rather downbeat, focusing too heavily on the failure. Such a perception would miss the point. The Archaeus Project was far more successful, and made more of a contribution, than the vast majority of groups devoted to the paranormal. It left a legacy of written materials that chronicled paranormal activities and commented on many facets, often with considerable insight. Despite its successes, it displayed the manifestations of anti-structure typical of paranormal groups.

In closing, I might mention that the single most important factor that led me to writing The Trickster and the Paranormal was a decade of discussions with the director of the Archaeus Project, Dennis Stillings.

References

Bakken, Earl E. (n.d.). One Man’s Full Life. Available at: www.earlbakken.com... Accessed March 8, 2008.

Bradish, G. Johnston; Dobyns, York H.; Dunne, Brenda J.; Jahn, Robert G.; Nelson, Roger D.; Haaland, John E.; Hamer, Steven M. Apparatus and method for distinguishing events which collectively exceed chance expectations and thereby controlling an output. U.S. Patent No. 5,830,064. November 3, 1998.

Fortune 500 Largest U.S. Corporations. Fortune, Vol. 155, No. 8, April 30, 2007, pp. F-1 – F-29.

Hansen, George P. (2001). The Trickster and the Paranormal. Philadelphia, PA: Xlibris Corporation.

Stillings, Dennis. (2004). Otto Schmitt and the Archaeus Project: Adventures in the Anomalous. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 57-59.

Stillings, Dennis. (2001). The Bakken: A Library and Museum of Electricity in Life. Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 255-266.

Turner, Victor W. (1969). The Ritual Process: Structure and Anti-Structure. Chicago, IL: Aldine Publishing Company.

edit on 12013f3101America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
www.tricksterbook.com...

Also something interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

23 is a nice even number
. I'll look into that book.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

stealthyaroura
I swear the "trickster" is here! Huge post lost AGAIN! Gutted,oh well......

What's frustrating as hell and perhaps a little telling is that previous posters such as J Alexander, M Aquino 'kit' green and crew will be reading the recent great threads that have touched on 'high strangeness' and it's trickster, yet apart from the AMA threads which were little more the a PR exorcise I see nothing from these so called experts.

Not even a personal story to share or a hint to say 'yep your on the right path'

I get the non disclosure clause but come on what's up? Snobbishness? Aragance that we're not worthy for the info? I feel for ya OP it would be great to be offered an olive branch eh ;-) good luck!

Also I too have thought a great deal about getting amongst this weirdness and poking at it with a stick maybe a scole group type approach, a little occult :-)

And yes it seems looking back at the keel and Jacques material seems to be where it's at away from the nuts & bolts and into the mystical realms.

Along with what The GUT has authored lately I don't think we have ever been so close to getting the answers.

Great reading.

EDIT TO ADD: COME ON YOU " birds" THROW US A BONE OR TWO

edit on 1/12/2013 by stealthyaroura because: Aviary bunch & co need to interact! GRAVY PLEASE!

Here I am Stealthy.

Thanks for the heads up - good thread you've all got going on here.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Hoorah! Yes what a mix up !but hey it's all good! Infact it's worked out nicely, this is a top thread,synchronicity almost. Hey, 1ofthe9 you have a PM

So yeah the Collins elite. Names? I need redfern's book "final Events" seems to have the low down on what went down.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

stealthyaroura
reply to post by ObservingYou

Hoorah! Yes what a mix up !but hey it's all good! Infact it's worked out nicely, this is a top thread,synchronicity almost. Hey, 1ofthe9 you have a PM

So yeah the Collins elite. Names? I need redfern's book "final Events" seems to have the low down on what went down.

I believe the Collins group represents the black phenomenology projects seen through a Evangelical Christian lense. Redfern got in touch with them by calling up Offutt AFB - and they got back to him. In practic e, this should be repeatable...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This Archaeus material is a freaking goldmine of goodies. Be sure to check out the ELF research they did - it makes for interesting reading. Although Pulharich confuses the Soviet RORSAT's with controlling satelities, and he gets the power output wrong (they weren't pulling 100kw from their space reactors - thats off by a factor of almost 100), and the one that broke up over Canada wasn't shot down...

Still makes for interesting reading.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

The book also more or less tells you how you could try to get in touch with these folks yourself...I've thought about it but I'm chicken.

This sounds intriguing :-) what's the gist of it? Chanting prayer in Latin whilst jerking off inside a pentagram surrounded by candles?

Pretty bizarre what people have done to get results eh, I wonder how weird and extreme folks taken things to get a reaction? Crazy I bet!

I've tried out thought forms and got results, nothing freaky though but then I never asked for it!
Hmmm.

I'd argue that for contacting Lovecraftian entities, you'll want some key common factors that I've pulled together from the various sources:

1) A flame.
2) A source of high voltage electrical power - possibly as a component of the above.
3) Electromagnetic fields - something like a grid that taps out Pi or something.
4) Combine the above with something that has a gravitational presence - an earthen mound would work.

Really makes you wonder what our friends in the alphabet agencies got up to in the Unitah Basin in the 1970's.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

1ofthe9

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

Hmmm.

I'd argue that for contacting Lovecraftian entities, you'll want some key common factors that I've pulled together from the various sources:

1) A flame.
2) A source of high voltage electrical power - possibly as a component of the above.
3) Electromagnetic fields - something like a grid that taps out Pi or something.
4) Combine the above with something that has a gravitational presence - an earthen mound would work.

Really makes you wonder what our friends in the alphabet agencies got up to in the Unitah Basin in the 1970's.

Everything is paranormal, it all depends on how Paranormal you want it to get, the "natural odds of us being here discussing things in Cyberspace", looking at the past history of the Earth, are so phenomenal as to be beyond incredible. Something else is definitely operating. Humanity cant be that lucky.
To tweak the something else, it involves actually doing something, that will change your view of reality, if the view is changed then it would figure that the reality has changed as well. My bet is it comes down to applied concentrated thoughts, with the use of rhythm to maintain the focus, to stop the high brain chatter, for as long as it takes to make contact with the other consciousness. The few times i.ve actually got off my ass and tried it, there seems to be no "If or Buts" as to whether you have got a result, because when you have, you seem to know it. But there's nothing new here. It would figure where a group is involved the effect would be magnified, but there's nothing new here.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

anonentity

1ofthe9

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

Hmmm.

1) A flame.

Everything is paranormal, it all depends on how Paranormal you want it to get, the "natural odds of us being here discussing things in Cyberspace", looking at the past history of the Earth, are so phenomenal as to be beyond incredible. Something else is definitely operating. Humanity cant be that lucky.
To tweak the something else, it involves actually doing something, that will change your view of reality, if the view is changed then it would figure that the reality has changed as well. My bet is it comes down to applied concentrated thoughts, with the use of rhythm to maintain the focus, to stop the high brain chatter, for as long as it takes to make contact with the other consciousness. The few times i.ve actually got off my ass and tried it, there seems to be no "If or Buts" as to whether you have got a result, because when you have, you seem to know it. But there's nothing new here. It would figure where a group is involved the effect would be magnified, but there's nothing new here.

That is why I'm really keen to get my hands on that obscure book I mentioned. The Ultraterrestrial Agents of Deconstruction article is sounding more and more relevant as I learn more...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

A really good book is the "Golden bough" A history of Myth and religion. By Sir James Frazer .It goes through all the shaman belief systems, in the so called primitive cultures, that the author has been involved with. The author is a Victorian rational materialist, who gives a precise report on what the belief systems are and deconstructs them. Which is a bit of a worry as these self same belief systems have served them well for millennia i.e. in there reality. When I read why a menstruating woman should not touch a spear, because for ever after it wont hit the target. You could have a chuckle, but then again.? In this society the woman has missed a potential pregnancy, and is feeling very negative and is pouring out uncontrolled bad vibes. Ring any bells? Which in there rational could effect the survival of the village, thus menstruating females must be isolated in a hut fit for purpose. To the burying of cut hair and nails. For fear they may be cursed by quantum entanglement? this one goes through the whole of humanity. Or the fact that in one village if the native had felt that the author had slighted him in a dream, it was considered the same as if he had been slighted in the awake state. In societies that have a struggle for survival, why would they burden themselves with taboos laws and restrictions for no good reason. When in other ways they are ultra efficient with economy of effort. I suggest they had spent millennia observing repeated effects, and then incorporated them into the cultural belief systems for good reason. A Victorian rationalist by his belief system is immune to the effects because you could say the rationalism is in itself psychic protection. But to the culture where these taboos are practiced, they are fixed reality. So is it mumbo jumbo? not if your open to the possibilities , believe opens the effect. Rational pooh poohing closes it. This book is great if you just read what the primitive people actually do and why. Without the authors opinions.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

1ofthe9

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

Hmmm.

1) A flame.

ChaosMatrix has some lovecraftian-themed summoning rites (www.chaosmatrix.org...). I cannot account as to the effectiveness of any of them, since I don't like to summon the sqeamous & rugose from beyond the wall of sleep.

(To bring in another occult tangent -- what did you all think of Dr. Greenfield's Secret Cyphers of the UFONauts & Occult Rituals of the Men in Black?)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

OkabeRintaro

1ofthe9

stealthyaroura

1ofthe9

Hmmm.

1) A flame.

ChaosMatrix has some lovecraftian-themed summoning rites (www.chaosmatrix.org...). I cannot account as to the effectiveness of any of them, since I don't like to summon the sqeamous & rugose from beyond the wall of sleep.

(To bring in another occult tangent -- what did you all think of Dr. Greenfield's Secret Cyphers of the UFONauts & Occult Rituals of the Men in Black?)

Well I thought the idea of a cipher and the Enochian links to Contactees was interesting - but I found that Greenfield spent most of the books playing around with kabbalistic numerology - and the results are kind of underwhelming. That being said, I know that some occultists do work from an ultra terrestrial paradigm...

I have wondered about the use of occult techniques in investigating this stuff. At minimum sigils to get more information could be done, but there is also the possibility of building a cadre of remote viewers...and maybe...just maybe... 'summoning' a UFO flap.Maybe the phenomena has cooled down because we stopped picking up the mental telephone when they rang. :p

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Here's an interesting one with regard to Leys, note the mention of an Australian Aboriginal that says he can send messages down leys at certain times of the year.www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join