It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pet theory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How did I miss this? Arghh on the dreaded tablet. Bumpity. Cool OP. I shall return!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by anonentity

And this is the inherent "flaw" in science.
They ridicule "original" thought. If something isn't neatly packaged with a bow in their paradigm, it is laughed off the stage.

Science is a philosophical construct no different than a flawed political system.
There is always another way.

Ask a scientist to explain shamanic methods in a way that correlates with the seeming phenomenal way shamans are able to pull information out of thin air.

Their answer will mostly be a bunch of finger pointing and laughing.
Its cuz it "does not compute", and they ridicule.

But as I have grown fond of telling them, "its all good. The gov has been working on this crap diligently for like 60 years. Ultimately we don't need you."

I hitched a ride from London in about 1964,and got to talking about how great all this automation was going to be for the working class.. The guy that was driving just said they wouldn't need the working class anymore. I think he was right. Funny how the truth is obvious, especially in hindsight. The problem is that it isn't that simple. Nothing is...like how do Natives deep in the jungle work out how to get healing and psychoactive herbs. They didn't do it in a lab with white coats, if you ask them, the shaman askes the plants and they tell him. Stuff is going on, in a world we have lost.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anyone know if Dan Smith is still around?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I mentioned this story in another thread, but I will re-tell it here...

Awhile back I was watching a nat-geo documentary and I saw the most remarkable thing. I don't remember the name of the show, as this sorta thing didn't really interest me back then as it does now (Jesus I need to start cataloguing sources).

Anyways, the crew followed a tribe from New Guinea (I think), and at one point the tribe's hunters went out on a hunt. Let's say 5 different hunters in 5 different directions.
Well, when the hunter leaves, the resident shaman sits down and starts meditating. Then say a hunter kills 5 boar. He then sits down and starts meditating as well.

Somehow the hunter is able to transmit something along the lines of, "I have killed some boar. I am 3 miles East under the big bluff. I need 4 people to help."

The shaman then sends 4 people off to help.

Works like a charm.

Ask a scientist to explain that one.

Or we could talk about the Eastern acupuncturist qi gong expert who can light a damn fire with the palm of his hand.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Anyone know if Dan Smith is still around?

Yes, "Chicken Little" of Aviary infamy is active. He takes questions on another forum actually and would probably answer an email as well for researchers such as yourself.

The following is a few years old, but since you've mentioned Sarfatti, here they are together.

edit on 16-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

JayinAR

Awhile back I was watching a nat-geo documentary and I saw the most remarkable thing. I don't remember the name of the show, as this sorta thing didn't really interest me back then as it does now (Jesus I need to start cataloguing sources).

Anyways, the crew followed a tribe from New Guinea (I think), and at one point the tribe's hunters went out on a hunt. Let's say 5 different hunters in 5 different directions.
Well, when the hunter leaves, the resident shaman sits down and starts meditating. Then say a hunter kills 5 boar. He then sits down and starts meditating as well.

Somehow the hunter is able to transmit something along the lines of, "I have killed some boar. I am 3 miles East under the big bluff. I need 4 people to help."

Works like a charm.

Or we could talk about the Eastern acupuncturist qi gong expert who can light a damn fire with the palm of his hand.

Yes they use the trees to transmit, sounds crazy! I saw one on an Australian aboriginal whose wife had a hundred mile journey to the store. He got up and hugged a tree and started to chant. When asked what that was all about he said he was telling the wife who was well into her journey to pick some stuff up that wasn't on the list. She did.
Trees are well grounded, They would be logical choice ,a ephemeral nervous system that can react with ours? Shades of Druidic oaken groves.?
edit on 16-11-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

JayinAR

Works like a charm.

In Charles Fort book "wild talents" I think it was, a chap in the States could light paper by looking at it. He thought it was some sort of cheat mechanism for survival.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Eidolon23
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Neat thread.

So, Doug Engelbart was heading up the Augmentation Research Center at SRI roughly at the same time Puharich was working there w/ Geller. He believed that the role of computers was to augment the human intellect, and was also one of the guys who gave us ARPANET. Funny little anecdote, makes you wonder if there might have been experimental overlap:

Andrija Puharich: An incredible but absolutely true scene took place when Uri Geller was working on one floor at Stanford Research Institute (SRI). They had Geller bending metal, teleporting things,demonstrating incidents of telepathy and clairvoyance-these things were happening all of the time. Well, unbeknownst to us at the time, there was another lab upstairs for ARPA-a computer network system. Somebody put two and two together and said: "Hey, there's a crazy kid downstairs who is bending metal and levitating things." So they cross-correlated and discovered that when Uri did something the computers would go wacko: program printouts would pop out - sometimes partly erased --- the power supply would go out on them and so on. "Somebody can affect the computer!" Panic ensued. A squad of colonels came out from Washington to sniff around and watch Uri do his thing. They came to me and said, "You know, our whole defense system is on computers and magnetic tapecards. Can this guy wipe them out? Would you cooperate?" So we took Geller to Bell Labs and to the Livermore Radiation Lab and they put together an elaborate set-up for magnetic shielding. They learned that he could wipe out anything on computer tape. They said to me, "This guy could start World War 3!"

www.sirbacon.org...

And here's a well done mini-doc on Engelbart's approach to IA:

Children of high intelligence, with their plasticine brains, would have made ideal subjects for testing Engelbart's techniques out.

Uh, if they didn't cause the computers to go haywire, that is.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

Geller has been compromised. He now says that what he does is entertainment and tricks. His talents were sometimes supplemented by tricks. But that's what he would say.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

anonentity
Geller has been compromised. He now says that what he does is entertainment and tricks.

I don't believe that's accurate. He's currently claiming he's a world-class psychic spy I do believe.

His talents were sometimes supplemented by tricks. But that's what he would say.

Why would he say that?

Uri Geller the psychic spy: I used secret mind tricks on Russians to stop nuclear war
19 Jul 2013 00:00

A new documentary claims he was a psychic James Bond armed with nothing but a hard stare and a drawer full of contorted cutlery

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The GUT

anonentity
Geller has been compromised. He now says that what he does is entertainment and tricks.

I don't believe that's accurate. He's currently claiming he's a world-class psychic spy I do believe.

His talents were sometimes supplemented by tricks. But that's what he would say.

Why would he say that?

Uri Geller the psychic spy: I used secret mind tricks on Russians to stop nuclear war
19 Jul 2013 00:00

A new documentary claims he was a psychic James Bond armed with nothing but a hard stare and a drawer full of contorted cutlery

I guess if he was the real deal who could start world war three. I wouldn't bet on his chances of drawing his pension. Then again if he was (the real deal) his defence would be to claim he was a entertainment man. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It just occurred to me that, Humans act like they are the only life form that matters on this planet. In our perhaps misguided world view. When atomic bombs are let off , balls of what we understand as light seems to show up in those locations. When bombers were hitting targets during the second world war foo fighters appeared. If the earth is actually a living thing then, the traumatic bombardment of the very thing that sustains life, might be wise to have some sort of reactions. The whole Bio sphere is linked in ways that we haven't got to grips with yet.
In the well documented book "The secret life of plants" the author has a pet plant whose leaves are wired up to an electrical sensor. If the author just thinks of "Fire" the electrical signals go off the graph. He could get the plant to switch his computer on from fifty miles away, whilst driving home just by thinking of the plant. Another experiment where one of two plants was virtually murdered by an anonymous offender, who tore it up and shred it in the presence of the remaining plant. When a number of the anonymous perpetrators paraded by the remaining plant, that the when the actual "killer" came into the room the remaining wired plant showed haywire electrical signals. In fact the plant identified the dangerous human. This was a small potted plant. We cant see the nervous system of the plant, but we can surmise its in an electrical field around the plant. the best OBE I ever had was in the afternoon under a willow tree. perhaps we are all missing something here, and should start to join the dots.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Not that I think those plant experiments are absolutely without any basis, but I'm pretty sure the replication attempts and further studies haven't seemed to support them.

It might also be noted that one of the authors/experimenters was Christopher Bird--a former CIA and Psyops agent--has been associated with Marion Pettie of The Finders infamy.

On February 7th of 1987, the Washington Post ran an interesting story that did not at the time seem to have any particular national significance. The article concerned a case of possible kidnapping and child abuse, and read (in part) as follows:

"Authorities investigating the alleged abuse of six children found with two men in a Tallahassee, Fla., park discovered material yesterday in the Washington area that they say points to a 1960's style commune called the Finders, described in a court document as a 'cult' that allegedly conducted 'brainwashing' and used children 'in rituals.' D. C. police, who searched a Northeast Washington warehouse linked to the group removed large plastic bags filled with color slides, photographs and photographic contact sheets. Some photos visible through a bag carried from the warehouse at 1307 Fourth St. NE were wallet-sized pictures of children, similar to school photos, and some were of naked children. D.C. police sources said some of the items seized yesterday showed pictures of children engaged in what appeared to be 'cult rituals.'

www.whale.to...

All I'm saying is to be leery of these intel guys selling dubious material. Dig a little deeper, scratch a little more, and some very serious questions arise.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The GUT

Not that I think those plant experiments are absolutely without any basis, but I'm pretty sure the replication attempts and further studies haven't seemed to support them.

It might also be noted that one of the authors/experimenters was Christopher Bird--a former CIA and Psyops agent--has been associated with Marion Pettie of The Finders infamy.

On February 7th of 1987, the Washington Post ran an interesting story that did not at the time seem to have any particular national significance. The article concerned a case of possible kidnapping and child abuse, and read (in part) as follows:

"Authorities investigating the alleged abuse of six children found with two men in a Tallahassee, Fla., park discovered material yesterday in the Washington area that they say points to a 1960's style commune called the Finders, described in a court document as a 'cult' that allegedly conducted 'brainwashing' and used children 'in rituals.' D. C. police, who searched a Northeast Washington warehouse linked to the group removed large plastic bags filled with color slides, photographs and photographic contact sheets. Some photos visible through a bag carried from the warehouse at 1307 Fourth St. NE were wallet-sized pictures of children, similar to school photos, and some were of naked children. D.C. police sources said some of the items seized yesterday showed pictures of children engaged in what appeared to be 'cult rituals.'

www.whale.to...

All I'm saying is to be leery of these intel guys selling dubious material. Dig a little deeper, scratch a little more, and some very serious questions arise.

I understand your scepticism its healthy, but I think if the CIA and the rest of the bagatelle had some interesting Psy programs now gone top secret. Which were instigated to catch up with the vast sums of money being spent in the then Soviet Union on similar experiments, its just possible if they were on to something, then for there best interests it would be downplayed, and any information that was getting to be public knowledge before the military got stuck in would have to be quietly withdrawn. I tried to get a link up that I was onto a few years ago regarding the Paulo Alto Psy lab conclusions. It doesn't seem to exist any more. That's why historical sources shaman techniques, seem to be the best for dot joining. I'm sure were dealing with a natural electrical effect that interacts with the human nervous system, probably generated group illusions. Under some timing discipline, if the druids had it, it didn't stop the Romans. Then again maybe it did because they are history as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

anonentity

Eidolon23
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Neat thread.

So, Doug Engelbart was heading up the Augmentation Research Center at SRI roughly at the same time Puharich was working there w/ Geller. He believed that the role of computers was to augment the human intellect, and was also one of the guys who gave us ARPANET. Funny little anecdote, makes you wonder if there might have been experimental overlap:

Andrija Puharich: An incredible but absolutely true scene took place when Uri Geller was working on one floor at Stanford Research Institute (SRI). They had Geller bending metal, teleporting things,demonstrating incidents of telepathy and clairvoyance-these things were happening all of the time. Well, unbeknownst to us at the time, there was another lab upstairs for ARPA-a computer network system. Somebody put two and two together and said: "Hey, there's a crazy kid downstairs who is bending metal and levitating things." So they cross-correlated and discovered that when Uri did something the computers would go wacko: program printouts would pop out - sometimes partly erased --- the power supply would go out on them and so on. "Somebody can affect the computer!" Panic ensued. A squad of colonels came out from Washington to sniff around and watch Uri do his thing. They came to me and said, "You know, our whole defense system is on computers and magnetic tapecards. Can this guy wipe them out? Would you cooperate?" So we took Geller to Bell Labs and to the Livermore Radiation Lab and they put together an elaborate set-up for magnetic shielding. They learned that he could wipe out anything on computer tape. They said to me, "This guy could start World War 3!"

www.sirbacon.org...

And here's a well done mini-doc on Engelbart's approach to IA:

Children of high intelligence, with their plasticine brains, would have made ideal subjects for testing Engelbart's techniques out.

Uh, if they didn't cause the computers to go haywire, that is.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

Geller has been compromised. He now says that what he does is entertainment and tricks. His talents were sometimes supplemented by tricks. But that's what he would say.

Ah. The Geller case is interesting, and it has major aspects of the Trickster all over it. The fun question to play with is how much of the 'paranormal' stuff could be attributed to him (either via psi or stage magic/mentalism), or if it is the handiwork of something that's been following him around since his weird experience with a Keelian illumination.

Put yourself in his shoes, and suppose the Trickster got tired and went away. What would you do?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Put yourself in his shoes, and suppose the Trickster got tired and went away. What would you do?

Yeah, it seems to come and go with the real thing. What's weird is that I think the IDs, or whatever, between legitimate psi displays, help some of the adepts fake things to the point that some of the fakings border on the range of paranormal themselves if that makes sense.

The Trickster is right. Hansen's book is, imo, the most important work on the paranormal/psi in many, many years.

edit on 17-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This stuff is actually humorous to me.
Through this thread and many, many others that come to mind, we deal with real, legit phenomena. Yet once again, there isn't a debunker in sight.

There is a damn good sociology experiment ready to be had in these threads.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Number of belligerent debunkers or folks who seem to just want to drive the thread off into the weeds is directly proportional to visibility.

Here on the "invisible" threads, we can make some real progress.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

JayinAR
This stuff is actually humorous to me.
Through this thread and many, many others that come to mind, we deal with real, legit phenomena. Yet once again, there isn't a debunker in sight.

There is a damn good sociology experiment ready to be had in these threads.

Well, it is just me rambling on about my various hypotheses which honestly would strike the vast majority of people as nonsensical.
I'm just glad to see folks looking at the High Strangeness aspects of things, and the role that psychological warfare stuff has played in all this. I've learned all kinds of fun things from that stuff (Aquino helped a lot).

The experiment is already running, I just blundered into it (Hi Kennett - I hope I'm not upsetting the controls too much.
).
edit on 12013f3001America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12013f3001America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

1ofthe9
The experiment is already running, I just blundered into it (Hi Kennett - I hope I'm not upsetting the controls too much.)

Bwahahha!

If the subjects can see the parameters, and moreover, if they can point them out to the other subjects; part of the experiment is already hosed. My favorite game is "Spot the Test Narrative".

What I wonder about the threads like this one that are allowed to run their course undisturbed and undirected, is whether anyone hopes to find the element that could finally put a leash on the Trickster. Anything fresh will be brought by those who enjoy (or suffer) direct contact. The Shamen.

They can clamp an MRI on the type, but they still can't bottle the Weird.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: Bwahahhaha!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Eidolon23

1ofthe9
The experiment is already running, I just blundered into it (Hi Kennett - I hope I'm not upsetting the controls too much.)

Bwahahha!

If the subjects can see the parameters, and moreover, if they can point them out to the other subjects; part of the experiment is already hosed. My favorite game is "Spot the Test Narrative".

What I wonder about the threads like this one that are allowed to run their course undisturbed and undirected, is whether anyone hopes to find the element that could finally put a leash on the Trickster. Anything fresh will be brought by those who enjoy (or suffer) direct contact. The Shamen.

They can clamp an MRI on the type, but they still can't bottle the Weird.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: Bwahahhaha!

I'm still working on that part, although I do have some ideas that I'd love to try at Skinwalker Ranch if I had the permission, money, and equipment.
In the meanwhile, I suppose I can make like John Alexander, and hope that a shadowy working group can take notice of my gibberish and maaaybe extend an invite or something. If I had the funding from say, Bigelow, and had the ability to recruit my own team, I'm confident I could deliver results of some kind. Until then, I've got to make do with secondary sources and what I can synthesize from them...

That and the occult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join