It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was World War 2 a necessary and ultimately just war?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From what I know about WW1, the war was just national rivalries, as well as militarism.

WW2, Hitler just took advantage of the German people depression and misery, and made the Nazi's. This was in the time during the great depression, and Germany was completely bankrupt cause they had to pay for the damages in WW1.

I don't think Hitler would have stopped with Europe.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The German king abdicated, as for the holocaust, not only the jews were murdered, also gypsies, homosexuals, freemasons. democrats, (European type) gangsters, cripples, anyone deemed 'undesirable' and, most of all, Russian prisoners of war. I will also mention shot down allied airmen, those not rescued in time by the Luftwaffe.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

"(European type) gangsters, ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,especially VeryWealthy,,,gangsters,

and now History Keepers want too say " look how evil they were,,(European type) gangsters, they practically financed "WW2".

**side note:
Ya but they were dead,, so they didnt need their wealth,,,well again Technically,, not dead,, but moved too more spartan,, home's .called Gullag's/Camps/Slave,,Labour Improvement Projects,,,etc,,,

Yup. they sure was evil those,, ( FILL IN BLANK ).

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

SLIGHT CORRECTION,, if i might,, * " UN Charter ",, League of Nations,,,

it was the League of Nations,, at that time,,
not U.N or one World Nation. United.,,,

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

"Russian prisoners of war. "?? their were Russian prisoners??? i doubt it.

,, when Hilter demanded,, a Scortched Earth Policy?
doubt very much that,,any German General ,,would dis-obey such an Order.

Remember WW1 Germany did the exact same thing,, going through,, Belgium.

Open Season,,on the Population. Have fun. Scorched Earth.

Twice is a pattern.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ookay we all know nazis did terrible things and what about the others? why nobody talks about other criminals and why nobody mentions about the bolshevik jewish crimes?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by abovets

Because the Bolsheviks were revolutionaries. Their crimes were all part of a regime change and a struggle to maintain power. And their actions more or less only affected their fellow Russians. Just like every time there is a coup or civil war in Africa. Unlike, say, Hitler who was out for world domination.

Aside from that, the Russians were our allies during World War 2.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Was World War 2 a necessary and ultimately just war?

No and no. But this is how mankind has settled his differences. The more practical men buy and sell the world for a few coins of silver. The more political men buy and sell the world again with voting systems, and a few pieces of that glittering treasure.

We, speaking of the human race, have always been on the road to a new world order -- it doesn't matter what chapter of human history you choose -- because the new world order gets things done, while the old world sits on the behind and rides the coat tails.

This is how all the various faction come to self-organize, either on the side of the old or the new, and the best men know how to play both sides, they can place bets, and win, consistently, due to the order of friends that they belong to. Human nature, again, commands that we settle our differences.

The ever small glimmer of hope is that we can still choose how to solve our differences at some basic level.

It's easier to kill the enemy once you see an example of someone doing it. The same instinct applies to peacefulness when peace is the example.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

allenidaho
reply to post by abovets

Because the Bolsheviks were revolutionaries. Their crimes were all part of a regime change and a struggle to maintain power. And their actions more or less only affected their fellow Russians. Just like every time there is a coup or civil war in Africa. Unlike, say, Hitler who was out for world domination.

Aside from that, the Russians were our allies during World War 2.

So just because it was part of the revolution all of the crimes theyve done must be overlooked?

Also from where you people get the idea of Hitler wanted to take over the world?

Anyway I know Americans are brainwashed in schools since little ages and my answer to this is NO, its one of many lies told about Hitler, also it was the Communists who wanted to take over the world and there are plenty of proof based on both physical and ideological evidences.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well droid, I fear that the discussion is going to get out of hand fast, and to help keep this on track, I'm just going to quote your OP again and offer another comment.

Was WW2 the last just war, or was it part of a long term pattern of manipulation by forces trying to stay out of the spotlight?

We want so much to believe that WW2 was just. Because all those deaths must have meaning in the context of the historical narrative.

The easiest way to justify war is to build up straw man versions of the opposing leaders, beating the drums. The extant geo-political circumstances are described in the simplest terms of human dilemma. What we get are high school level history books and the History channel, a combined version of history.

Today is a November and it's Sunday. In America that means church and football.

There are a lot of people who live life and they don't give one iota of excrement about WW2 or JFK. Those people are forever stuck in a Reader's Digest version of the American dream, a dream which alternates as a recurring nightmare.

a European conflict connected to the first world war.

droid, the OP, is taking a high level look at modern history. The OP has stated a "long term pattern of manipulation by forces trying to stay out of the spotlight". That central idea is reasonable, it is conceivable, it is rational based on what we know about the human instinct;

The "pattern of manipulation" is carried out over "long term". The JFK conspiracy has been going on for 50 years! This is exactly the pattern of "long term pattern of manipulation." Exactly as the OP has described.

We are all, each one of us, caught up in the treacherous waves of history. Can you swim?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

BobAthome

SLIGHT CORRECTION,, if i might,, * " UN Charter ",, League of Nations,,,

it was the League of Nations,, at that time,,
not U.N or one World Nation. United.,,,

In my experience, one can only correct someone who is wrong. The UN Charter is why we had to decolonise, not the League of Nations. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying, despite it being quite clear.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

abovets

So just because it was part of the revolution all of the crimes theyve done must be overlooked?

Also from where you people get the idea of Hitler wanted to take over the world?

Anyway I know Americans are brainwashed in schools since little ages and my answer to this is NO, its one of many lies told about Hitler, also it was the Communists who wanted to take over the world and there are plenty of proof based on both physical and ideological evidences.

If you are familiar with Hitler's "Mein Kampf", it is all in there. Hitler believed that there were two major evils which had to be conquered. Communism and Judaism.

He also firmly believed that the German people had an inherent right to what he called "Lebensraum" which translates to living space. His ideology was that the Germans were a superior race and they had the right to displace inferior races. So he expanded East, taking Czechoslovakia and Poland. Then west, going to war with Russia.

So he wanted to take over any country he deemed inferior. Any country that was communist or Marxist. And any country that was predominantly Jewish. Mein Kampf also states that the hated the French, hated Democrats, hated Catholics and hated Protestants. Also hated any city or country whose population was of "mixed race". He wrote that any cross-bred race would fall to the superior unmixed German bloodline.

The only people he seemed to like in Mein Kampf were the Japanese.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

"It was only because of US insistence and the UN Charter that we decolonised. Had we not fought to Wars to the point of annihilation, we would have had the strength and money to hold on to the Empire"

But unfortunately,,War in Europe, was indeed a redistribution of Wealth/Authority and Power,,
And with a voice of Great Authority,, came a promise, that ALL Power and Authority, was given too, Jesus the Christ,, in both the Heavens, and on Earth, by God the Creator of all Power both Divine and Temporal.

So now we all sit and wait,, for this Kingdom on Earth,, that lasts a thousand Years.
And every tear shall be wiped away,,

and of this hour,, Churchill knew,, of that hour.
So did a brave few, who did some much,, etc,,

im rambling, but hopefully still very much on topic.

Who decides the Fate of Nations?
Man or Destiny?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join