Was World War 2 a necessary and ultimately just war?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
There will always be war as it is the natural order of things. WW2 is no different other than it's global scale.
Politics, territory, religion etc, these are all just vehicles for war.
War is about opposites, love and hate, light and darkness, positive and negative, ying and yang.
Where there is peace there must also be war.
It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I quite agree with your assessment there, with just one point to add...

Had it not been for WW1 and WW2 (the latter especially), the British Empire would not have dissolved. It was only because of US insistence and the UN Charter that we decolonised. Had we not fought to Wars to the point of annihilation, we would have had the strength and money to hold on to the Empire.

This would have, most likely, led to a much better Africa as well, because it was largely down to Cold War meddling that the place is so fudged up now. When we decolonised, we left behind democratic Governments which were then subverted by the Superpowers in their Proxy games.

Had the World Wars not happened, the most likely outcome would have been a Commonwealth Union, similiar to the EU today, but across the former British Empire. These idea's were being seriously considered pre-WW1, with autonomous nations joined together under an Imperial Parliament.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

James1982

phantom150
Very rarely are their ever 'genuine wars'.
Most times both sides forces want the same things (freedom and safety for their families), however power hungry leaders don't want to loose face and want to maintain their egos.

The way Japan was forced into war through the US establishing embargo's and blocking Oil was disgusting, so was how they Japanese treated and perceived other races, mainly the unspeakable things they did to the Chinese which they still deny.

The millions that have died due to Sunni vs Shiite Muslims is disturbing. Not to sound ignorant, for the most part they are the same not kill each other and other religions over their tiny differences.

In order to say the US was wrong in their embargo on Japan, you would have to believe Japan was right in it's wars it was waging at the time. Remember, at this time the US was not the power hungry, world police it is today. Leave that bias right at the door. The US was fully justified using it's power that it did have, peacefully, to hinder the Japanese war effort, which was a goal that was more than noble for anybody with a heart. It was also, peacefully, supporting the war effort against Hitler by supplying the Allies before actually entering into the war.

If we want to talk justifications, Germany had far more justification in it's launching of war on Europe, than Japan did on it's war against Asia.

The only way one could argue Japan was forced into war, is if you get into a really convoluted tale of blame, and go all the way back when the US basically forced Japan to modernize. One could argue forcing Japan to modernize led to it's rise in power, which led to it's war against Asia, which led to the US's involvement. But again, quite convoluted, and if that type of blame game is acceptable than nothing every done in the history of man is ever wrong because you can always find a justification if you go back far enough.

Im Sorry James, i think leaving the Bias at the door needs to work two ways......

"supporting the war effort against Hitler by supplying the Allies before actually entering into the war."

that statement is only partially true, a whole heap of very prominent American companies directly intertwined with Government made a reasonable amount of money supporting the Germans too, Ford, Coca cola, the Bush\rockafella oil crowd all managed to do ok out of keeping the US out of the european war and supplying both sides.....

with that said i do not blame the US for making Japan enter the war, they were anxious to build an empire and had support of the axis powers in Europe, it would have happened no matter what the US had done.

Back on topic... It is a difficult one, Hitler had visions of being a napoleon Type emporer, with avast Empire around him, he hated the Jews and any less man (in his opinon) than the classic blonde haired blue eyed modern northern european, he openly persecuted everything that didnt fit this mold, the Italians were increadibly racist, the japanese commited as horrendous and arguably (although not is as great numbers) more horrendous acts of inhumane torture and experiments... for all these issue war was just, and would have always occured....

however, there is alot of information showing the same banking families and groups funding both sides, funding the numerous parties involved or being directly connected to the companies that made a decent (if you can call it that) living from the war... as such i believe... where europe ended up in the tails end of the 1930's a war was going to happen and it was a just war, genuine freedom fighting actually protecting the world... but could a certain few who profited from war (and the rebuilding after it) have stopped it early by lifting financial and political assets from those who were in charge of the war machine... i would say yes.....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I was more getting to the fact that, science and technology was starting to accelerate with the introduction of modern society. The A-Bomb was inevitable, especially with the likes of Einstein and Oppenheimer around.

WW2 needed to happen, because 'the bomb' needed to be created by a western/white nation.

Racist? maybe..

But imagine if WW2 had not of occured, and Russia, germany, japan created the nuclear bomb.. then went to war using it like they were firecrackers.

I believe in destiny/fate.. WW2 was meant to happen for technology. WW1 was meant to happen to move the world past royalty and bloodline rule. WW3 will occur to rid the world of greed and self satisfaction.
Whats happening in the natural process of mans intelligence.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by droid56

the the King of Germany, was,,killed?
and Germany became,, a Republic,,
which opened the door for,,

Hitler.
who thought he was God.,,not some unworthy king,,

then decided too act like any man god in History.

kill people.

The last kaiser... wilhelm died with 82, in 1941 of natural causes and long after monarchy was abolished in germany (1918).

And about hitler... you're wrong also. He wasnt a "man god". Read about hitler a bit and you'll actually find out a lot about the "man" and nothing about the "god".

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I can't believe the stuff people believe about WW2.

I know that there could be plenty of hidden things going on behind the scenes in any instance, but there are far to many people who take things and blow them way out of proportion.

Hitler was pretty damn open about his intentions to destroy anyone and everyone that didn't fit his image of perfection. He wrote books about it, he performed speeches about it. His countrymen knew, his soldiers knew it, the allies knew it.

Now, there is huge potential some of this may have been blown up by the allies to sound worse, but we have evidence in the actual death camps. Millions of bodies, and yes the allies held their own POW/slave camps of their own in some areas, but they weren't quite on the order of Hitlers.

Canada had japanese POW's that were treated pretty badly, but they didn't intentionally round them up to destroy them. They were rounded up as enemies.

Hitler Rounded up jews, gypsies, blacks, gays, enemies of his party, enemies of war, and treated them all the same. Fuel for the fires of his death camps.

There is pretty much no denying it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

" by lifting financial and political assets from those who were in charge of the war machine... i would say yes..... "

and once Heir Hitler, found out u were thwarting his plan's,, for instance if your last name was Crupp?,, would it matter to Heir Hitler what your name was?,, if he sent some SS too have a chat?

" i would say yes..... "

i believe u would .
edit on 11/12/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

WW2 needed to happen, because 'the bomb' needed to be created by a western/white nation.

What happened in reality was "The Bomb" was created by 3 nations and not one.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

The first nation to create a working nuclear weapons was the first nation to actively use one.

Out of Russia, Germany, Japan and the UK. I am sure as sugar glad the USA got it first.

This was the whole destiny type aspect of WW2.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

The first nation to create a working nuclear weapons was the first nation to actively use one.

Out of Russia, Germany, Japan and the UK. I am sure as sugar glad the USA got it first.

This was the whole destiny type aspect of WW2.

Having knowledge of history is so important.

The US were not the first nation to create a nuclear bomb. However The US, Britain and Canada were. The bomb development was a creation of those 3 countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Secondly the bomb could not have been used without the agreement of all 3 countries that developed it. Known as "The Qubec Agreement"

en.wikipedia.org...

Thirdly, the leading nation during the early 1940's on the development of the bomb was Great Britain. Their knowledge was the major asset in the development of the bomb

en.wikipedia.org...

As previously stated, having a knowledge of history is an advantage when discussing the topic of the nuclear bomb.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by GonzoSinister

" by lifting financial and political assets from those who were in charge of the war machine... i would say yes..... "

and once Heir Hitler, found out u were thwarting his plan's,, for instance if your last name was Crupp?,, would it matter to Heir Hitler what your name was?,, if he sent some SS too have a chat?

" i would say yes..... "

i believe u would .
edit on 11/12/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Im not really talking about the people who were sitting across the room from him in the reichstagg i mean the large multi national companies and bankers who didnt need to finance and provide assets could have prevented the growth of the Nazi's war machine, there were not that many SS just kicking about washington and london offing people....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Quite right - The French provided some useful research too, but without things like the British/Canadian "Tube Alloys" project, the US would have had to start from scratch. The Americans provided the money, for the most part and the buggers after the war then started getting real funny about sharing the tech that we had given them.

In fact, had it not been for the Tizzard mission, the US would have been well behind in several fields. We had to bribe them with all our latest gizmo's and gadgets to get them to help us fight Hitler.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ya and then they made us scrap the Avro Arrow,,stiilllll mad at Diefnbaker for that.

Funny how the Russian jet ended up sooooo similiar.

still mad,, sorry.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

stumason

I quite agree with your assessment there, with just one point to add...

Had it not been for WW1 and WW2 (the latter especially), the British Empire would not have dissolved. It was only because of US insistence and the UN Charter that we decolonised. Had we not fought to Wars to the point of annihilation, we would have had the strength and money to hold on to the Empire.

This would have, most likely, led to a much better Africa as well, because it was largely down to Cold War meddling that the place is so fudged up now. When we decolonised, we left behind democratic Governments which were then subverted by the Superpowers in their Proxy games.

Had the World Wars not happened, the most likely outcome would have been a Commonwealth Union, similiar to the EU today, but across the former British Empire. These idea's were being seriously considered pre-WW1, with autonomous nations joined together under an Imperial Parliament.

Very good assessment and I'd agree totally. Africa was far better of under the control of colonial powers. I'm not saying that's RIGHT or ultimately how it should be, but it's better than the cluster-eff we have right now.

It's really sad how much of the world has been so devastated by the big boys playing their games. That's why it's so horrible when people are ignorant of history. Look at the fallout from the coldwar (both figurative and literally) that we are discussing right now. It's awful. Now think about the fallout in the future from today's ridiculous antics. I'm sure you already have many times, but unfortunately few in this world today do. They don't seem to understand that today's events effect tomorrow. It's cliche for a reason, because it's so true. It seems like any cliche concept becomes ignored, and thought silly for being so obvious, but because of this few people actually see it.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

I was more getting to the fact that, science and technology was starting to accelerate with the introduction of modern society. The A-Bomb was inevitable, especially with the likes of Einstein and Oppenheimer around.

Racist? maybe..

But imagine if WW2 had not of occured, and Russia, germany, japan created the nuclear bomb.. then went to war using it like they were firecrackers.

I believe in destiny/fate.. WW2 was meant to happen for technology. WW1 was meant to happen to move the world past royalty and bloodline rule. WW3 will occur to rid the world of greed and self satisfaction.
Whats happening in the natural process of mans intelligence.

I understand where you are going, when changing past events it's impossible to know how things would truly turn out. Maybe your absolutely correct, or maybe the world would have simply been a better place where nuclear weapons were used as a small scale deterrent, not an offensive, potentially civilization killing level we had in the CW and today.

We'll never know, but I agree with you, if we DO have to live in a world with nuclear backed superpowers, I'd rather be the first nuclear backed superpower.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

GonzoSinister

James1982

phantom150
Very rarely are their ever 'genuine wars'.
Most times both sides forces want the same things (freedom and safety for their families), however power hungry leaders don't want to loose face and want to maintain their egos.

The way Japan was forced into war through the US establishing embargo's and blocking Oil was disgusting, so was how they Japanese treated and perceived other races, mainly the unspeakable things they did to the Chinese which they still deny.

The millions that have died due to Sunni vs Shiite Muslims is disturbing. Not to sound ignorant, for the most part they are the same not kill each other and other religions over their tiny differences.

In order to say the US was wrong in their embargo on Japan, you would have to believe Japan was right in it's wars it was waging at the time. Remember, at this time the US was not the power hungry, world police it is today. Leave that bias right at the door. The US was fully justified using it's power that it did have, peacefully, to hinder the Japanese war effort, which was a goal that was more than noble for anybody with a heart. It was also, peacefully, supporting the war effort against Hitler by supplying the Allies before actually entering into the war.

If we want to talk justifications, Germany had far more justification in it's launching of war on Europe, than Japan did on it's war against Asia.

The only way one could argue Japan was forced into war, is if you get into a really convoluted tale of blame, and go all the way back when the US basically forced Japan to modernize. One could argue forcing Japan to modernize led to it's rise in power, which led to it's war against Asia, which led to the US's involvement. But again, quite convoluted, and if that type of blame game is acceptable than nothing every done in the history of man is ever wrong because you can always find a justification if you go back far enough.

Im Sorry James, i think leaving the Bias at the door needs to work two ways......

"supporting the war effort against Hitler by supplying the Allies before actually entering into the war."

that statement is only partially true, a whole heap of very prominent American companies directly intertwined with Government made a reasonable amount of money supporting the Germans too, Ford, Coca cola, the Bush\rockafella oil crowd all managed to do ok out of keeping the US out of the european war and supplying both sides.....

with that said i do not blame the US for making Japan enter the war, they were anxious to build an empire and had support of the axis powers in Europe, it would have happened no matter what the US had done.

Back on topic... It is a difficult one, Hitler had visions of being a napoleon Type emporer, with avast Empire around him, he hated the Jews and any less man (in his opinon) than the classic blonde haired blue eyed modern northern european, he openly persecuted everything that didnt fit this mold, the Italians were increadibly racist, the japanese commited as horrendous and arguably (although not is as great numbers) more horrendous acts of inhumane torture and experiments... for all these issue war was just, and would have always occured....

however, there is alot of information showing the same banking families and groups funding both sides, funding the numerous parties involved or being directly connected to the companies that made a decent (if you can call it that) living from the war... as such i believe... where europe ended up in the tails end of the 1930's a war was going to happen and it was a just war, genuine freedom fighting actually protecting the world... but could a certain few who profited from war (and the rebuilding after it) have stopped it early by lifting financial and political assets from those who were in charge of the war machine... i would say yes.....

There were definitely some US companies that dealt with Germany, but I was talking more of a national level. Aid was sent from the US government, where as dealings with germany were taken on behalf of private enterprise. Not a good thing either way though.

As far as Hitler, I never said he himself was just, or anything but a monster. But I feel the german people, the strength behind the war effort, had just goals initially to regain their former territory and basically throw off the chains of debt placed upon them (last one sound familiar)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The Japanese had been in open war with China since 1937. All a part of their overall goal which they called "Hakkō ichiu" which roughly translates to "Eight corners of the world under one roof". That is to say that they wanted to take complete control of all of Asia.

But China turned out to be a pretty tough nut to crack. So they turned their focus on other targets to build up their empire. It began on December 7th and 8th of 1941. Almost simultaneously, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor to shut down the US Pacific Fleet and invaded Thailand and Malaysia.

Meanwhile, Hitler started his crusade to reshape Europe in his own image in 1939. Overall, he had a similar goal. To unify Europe by force. If the US had stayed out of both theaters of war and the Russians had somehow been defeated, it is a pretty strong possibility that he would have led his troops to claim the entire continent, including the middle east. After that, he might have even gone after Africa.

The Germans and the Japanese probably would have tag teamed China until they finally failed. They might have even gone after Australia eventually.

Unification. Neither party would have ever stopped until they were forced to stop.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

allenidaho
After that, he might have even gone after Africa.

Hitler did go after Africa.
He was kicked out by British & Commonwealth Forces.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm aware. The North Africa campaign led by Rommel.

What I'm saying is that if the Germans had succeeded in total domination of Eastern and Western Europe and there were no longer a British commonwealth, they would focused a larger bulk of their forces into taking control of the Middle East and Africa.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the globe on hitler's desk had words on the united states that said, "coming soon". no, he would have not stopped.

let robot chicken explain it!

www.youtube.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join