It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New hunt for the Tasmanian Tiger begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is interesting. Some Forteans are testing animal dung to to see it's from Tasmanian Tigers. I hope they find traces of them, we could use some good news for once.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting you post this! I was recently in the hinterland of Tassie, our family own land and a few houses there, and we saw them again.

Within the community (as spread out as it is) it's a well known thing that they live in the bush as most of us have seen them ^_^

DNA samples have been submitted but from what I've heard there has been no contact back since. Could be a good thing due to possible triple testing (or something lol) or they don't want to share the findings OR it's Wombat poo haha

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

It would be awesome to find a breeding population.. That would so awesome..

The Bot

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Fingers crossed I hope it's good news.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I hope they get some good news, though i wonder also if there isn't a bit of bushland on the mainland where they could be hiding

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've followed stories about these awesome critters for years. I SO hope they are still there and can be restored safely! Great find.

Lil

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I am convinced there is a breeding population on the mainland. My theory is that the ones on the mainland are a different species and look more like a black cat. There are lots of sightings of large black cats in mainland Australia, far too many to not be real including an area a few miles from where I live. I have heard first hand reports of these from farmers working close to wooded areas.

They have different eating habits to dogs or cats, they skin the animal first (usually a kangaroo) then carefully pick the bones clean, much cleaner than any other animal can or even a butcher could with a knife. I have heard from a few people who live in makeshift houses or caravans (trailers) about their dogs getting absolutely terrified when one of them is outside at night.

join