It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why does God hate us?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Do children read Mea Culpa? How can children read something they don't understand yet? But, I'm not Catholic,

Yes. They not only read it, but say it out loud. While kneeling on a cushioned "kneeler" next to their parents, (This is my point here, in these fora.) ...
whose heads are bowed over the back of the pew in front of them. ('Kneelers' are attached to the rear legs of the pew....and can be folded 'down' - for kneeling of the people sitting in the pew behind - or 'up' for standing.)
Yes. Children read and recite Mea Culpa. 'How can children read something they don't understand yet?'
Well, because it's in the book they are reading; and their parents are also reciting it.

edit on 11/12/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

kosmicjack
That's the question my ten year old just asked. I was stunned.

He walked into the room to say good night and caught some footage and personal accounts of typhoon Haiyan being played on the news. He was overcome by emotion and just really very upset for the people of the Philippines. I was caught off guard by the passionate anger and despair in his voice.

For the first time ever, I just didn't have a meaningful response...I couldn't frame it for him or put it in perspective....I gave him some thoughts on being grateful and counting our blessings, which clearly fell short of explaning the magnitude of what he was seeing and doing nothing to answer his heartfelt philosophical/spiritual question.

We're Catholic and he attends Catholic school, which is why I was so shocked by his quick reaction to blame God. To the best of my knowledge there are no other issues in his life and he has never expressed any serious questions or doubts about God....any thoughts on how to best answer his question?

You can read this about Fatima in 1917 that can help explain.....
3 messages that were received explains whats Not Hate but something else...

www.shrineofsaintjude.net... Great Miracle of the Sun

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

kosmicjack

He walked into the room to say good night and caught some footage and personal accounts of typhoon Haiyan being played on the news. He was overcome by emotion and just really very upset for the people of the Philippines. I was caught off guard by the passionate anger and despair in his voice.

For the first time ever, I just didn't have a meaningful response...I couldn't frame it for him or put it in perspective....I gave him some thoughts on being grateful and counting our blessings, which clearly fell short of explaning the magnitude of what he was seeing and doing nothing to answer his heartfelt philosophical/spiritual question.

We're Catholic and he attends Catholic school, which is why I was so shocked by his quick reaction to blame God. To the best of my knowledge there are no other issues in his life and he has never expressed any serious questions or doubts about God....any thoughts on how to best answer his question?

God doesn't hate you... your kid must have missed that part in the bible, you know in the beginning where God gave humankind "freewill" ?

this is one way I guess you can look at at... the lyrics are interesting none the less, consider and keep in mind the lyricist and lead singer is a Catholic.

this is what happens when you make Catholic angry... you don't want to do that
but Tom gets people to listen with a form of reverse psychology, he uses scared straight tactics.

funny that the whole album and the very song is the exact topic of your title

enjoy your freewill man...

---

here's another one for good measure and to scare your kid straight with
it asks a few interesting questions, questions on the mind of those burning thru seasons in the abyss.

edit on 15-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I think having kids believe in God is a good thing even if he doesn't exist because it gives them hope and purpose and won't cause depression or rebellious attitude.

Anyways, I think I have an idea for you to help...tell him God is bound to the laws of nature. That he can't interfere with humans lives or the world except through the spirit. You know something like that I'll let you fill in the blanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

well, I'm angry with tinker bell because I never got any pixie dust to enable me to fly.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

yep, America did this so they can spend millions of dollars helping their victims out.

no, wait...china, right?

even better:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
God hates us all*. . .
as equally as he loves us. He does not choose one action over another, he just is. And that is how God 'do'.

*Stole that line from Slayer, yo!

(thought I better add: I'm just commenting
not suggesting how to approach your kid.)
edit on 2013/11/16 by Jimjolnir because: ()

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"God" is not involved at all in the goings on of much of its creation, and less so as time has passed.

Look up the Cult of Saturn, to realize what praying is, does, and what giving away our power to what is perceived to be "God" by the masses is doing to us.

A complete check of how religion is our controller is in order, and those that have created it, need a good-ass whoopin.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

kosmicjack

... any thoughts on how to best answer his question?

The storm would have been there regardless of whether the land was populated or not. The ancestors of the people living there now chose to live there and the people living there now chose to build their homes using wood and aluminum sheeting.

In the past they would have been sheltered by the forest around them. Now as the population has grown, the forest was cut down to make way for roads and homes.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

There is no easy, or correct, answer for your son.

His question is a culmination of everything that he has experienced and learned in his life up until this point... and to get to that question, it sounds like he's been raised well.

Honesty seems to be the most important concept at play here.

Your son, by asking that question, is looking for the "reason" for existence... which I'm not sure that anyone has figured out, and likely never will, because existence is about the journey... not the end point.

Throughout that journey, with knowledge and truth, your son may find many ways to interpret events within different contexts throughout his life (religion, lack of religion another, spiritualism, ideology, etc...). None of which are inherently "bad or good", but each brings a unique perspective.

If your son can be honest and true to himself, it doesn't matter why a "bad or good" event may have happened. All that matters is that "good and bad" do happen, and that he can have an effect either way depending on his stance.

The easy way out is replying with "if's..." (even this post does a couple of "if's".. everyone is looking for the easy way out... ;-j) and answering his profound question with more questions (as many posts in this thread have done). Getting answered a question with a question, for people at an age of discovery as your son is, almost always produces an unsatisfying response.

Questions such as his must be pondered and faced and re-asked throughout his life.

If he can be completely honest with himself and others, maybe he can be the one to answer that question for everyone in the world... especially for many in the Philippines that are asking that exact question right now.

To be honest to your son, and more importantly, for your son to be honest with himself, the only possible answer is:

"I don't know".

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This thread is a bit old and kids can scurry past problems remarkably quick so it's very well possible that this isn't an issue anymore. My personal answer has been more or less voiced already but I'll reply anyway. I'm good at figuring out problems, systems, finding answers and someone looking for reasons asked me that very same question about a reason… What I came up with is a reason would mean the absence of free will and that is the greatest gift we have it is what makes us special,makes us the you and I; It allows us to freely like, dislike, grow, and love but it's at a price and that price is we are riding without training wheels (we are subject to bad things happening i.e. falling). This doesn't mean this is the answer just what I came up with at the moment… the other half is in what someone else said in just being honest… If you don't know but feel it's not based in hate say that you don't know a way to speculate on the why of terrible things but that you do not feel it is because of the hatred of god.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Jimjolnir
God hates us all*. . .
as equally as he loves us. He does not choose one action over another, he just is. And that is how God 'do'.

*Stole that line from Slayer, yo!

(thought I better add: I'm just commenting
not suggesting how to approach your kid.)
edit on 2013/11/16 by Jimjolnir because: ()

actually Slayer got it from George Carlin's "the Big Electron" skit

I know God love all bro... the songs are just a reflection of the angst form this world hell we live in.

Specially the Slayer stuff... the Celtic Frost is more about being punished having to live and experience earth.

the back masking part is as follows...

Evil ot tnaw i
Evol ot tnaw i
Ees ot tnaw i
Leef ot tnaw i

I assume we can all read what that says...?

peace \m/

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Aweh, bro!

Now Celtic Frost mmm gonna have to enter that in the playlist come home-time. Nice to see that name being passed around. Both bands have some rad lyrics, some with a lot to think about.

Gonna have to look up that skit

Cool

Metal be with you

<< 1  2   >>

join