It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why does God hate us?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skydancer22

Dear Skydancer - I pray the same so that evil doesn't tempt humans to hurt other humans anymore. And I pray so that all Muslims, all people come to know our Savior as we are all children of God. Prayer is the hotline to our Father (imagine happy face here as I'm computer challenged at the best of times)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

First of all, it's not the churches job to teach your child, it's yours!
Secondly, if you cannot find a simple explanation for him you have a problem understanding God yourself. The answer is so very simple.
You might know 'of' God, but do you really 'know' him? If so you would know the answer.
Try another church maybe?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Dear MadMax9 - it is within everyone's right to ask questions. WE are the church, not just a specific building or man-made organized religion. We are all at different stages of understanding and learning. We cannot condemn or get angry at those asking questions.

And good for us believers for asking questions as unfortunately too many believers do belong to organized church systems where they have been taught to believe in a group's interpretation, and some to never question the system's authority.

I think every parent has had this moment of being slammed with an unexpected question from their child, usually at the most inopportune moment. Thank goodness this individual wants to ensure they give a well thought out answer to their child. What a responsibility we have as parents, as believers, to not destroy our innocent and questioning children's minds when it comes to their belief, faith and trust in our Father while still allowing them to have freewill of their own.
edit on 12/11/13 by ccseagull because: fixed missing word, added last thought

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

People keep breaking the rules, you think he's pissed now, wait til he gets really angry and wipes us out with another flood

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

skydancer22
reply to post by ccseagull

That was a nice analogy and with that in mind I pray God stops the muslims from beheading and killing His children .We are overwhelmed and in despair. Faithbrother.calm

Christians do the same as Muslism do, but remember that Muslims are generally peaceful but that goes with most religions. Not too long ago maybe a week or two ago, a group of Christians burned someone alive because they thought that person was a witch. Now if that's not hatred then I don't know what is.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

colbe

message to Eileen Renders
November 10, 2013
Jesus responded with these words for us; "My child Eileen, I want all My children to know that when My little children are injured in such a tragedy, it is not God?s will."

That statement of hers is against basic theology and against Catholic teaching.
Anything that happens is God's Will. It's either his ORDAINING WILL or his PERMITTING WILL.
That woman got basic theology wrong. Her 'message' is obviously fake.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

When I first got really sick, my daughter got really mad at God. (she was 13).
She still is in 'reject mode'. She no longer prayers or goes to church or anything. (she's 17 now).
I think she still believes in Him but she doesn't seem to trust Him. I dont' blame her at all.

I admit that I question how a 'loving' God can sit back and let things unfold in such a horrific way . My ATS Thread - Is God A Deadbeat Dad? So much suffering of people and animals. So much 'error' ... people fighting over 'truth'. It's a mess.

The different religions talk about suffering and give reasons (or make excuses) for it.

As the previous poster said ... Christ suffered so we are going to.
So we are stuck suffering. So are the animals.
Supposedly God knows best and it's all for a reason.
Some days I still think that's true. Other days ... not so much.
Whatever the reason ... we are stuck with things the way they are.
We don't have to be happy about it. We just have to put up with it.
We have no choice. We are slaves to Whoever is running things ...

(mega downer ... I know )

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't forget that once in heaven, we are free of will and in eternal happiness. That sounds like hell to me. I wouldn't want to assimilate myself with the universe and be one with god. I would much rather be free-willed and do good or bad depending on how I feel because it's what living is all about. Well, at least they got that right, you become one with the universe which is essentially rotting into the ground and letting your energy redistribute elsewhere for eternity.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

colbe

kosmic,

Technology is used by evil people. The typhoon in the Philippines was weaponized weather by microwave
pulse. It wasn't God that did this...

I agree, except that God allows it. Ie. he allows evil people to dominate the free will of others and upholds a testing ground that is so gross, it violates all that is right and I have as a child, sensed the council overseeing tests and told them, nope, will deliberately fail this one, I side with humanity, and that The End Doesnt Justify the Means. So if the average psychology is going to act in certain ways, then its the right way, for its the people and the people are God to you dark hats.

I believe that there is some kind of thoughtscape agreement going on here, in a frequency of like minds who were somehow roped into believing in karma and that God/Goodness and Love doesnt want anyone to learn in such harsh and hideous ways, but that Free Will is important, so minds have to be freed from the karma trap and the recycling slave machine the annanuki set up.

So the real Christ, (his words have been doctored up IMO) came to free the minds of the people, to free the world, not start a religion.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Basically its all about permissions, given outright or given covertly, through not speaking up and protesting. You have to give your yes to being dominated here.

Waking up and claiming sovereignity and handing all the karma back to the ones coding the fine print in documents is important as well. Saying "all I see is a bully running around on the playground, writing IOU's up on toilet paper and trying to convince others he can make up laws and rules that are complete violations of all souls. Well you know what toilet paper is used for, eh!"

Higher Ups don't follow laws, there are no laws, there are Virtues, thou shalt not harm is the gist of the whole thing. And Love. Growth of consciousness, Love, compassion, intellect, talents, and abilities....being a gift to self and others, and your Soul grows bigger.

Lack of Love is a shrinking of soul orb.

Its not about Law its about Love.

So hand them everything back and ensure they realize, that your participation does not give you guilt. Ie. that you have to go to the store and buy the food there, that they have taken the land from all the people so you can't own a farm and grow karma free food. Instead, you simply say, the laws of my coutnry prohibit your abuse of the world so that, we buy food karma free. Its the companies violating humans that are guilty and any grey interpretations of laws by corrupt judges, they're guilty. The people however are guilt free, and so they're like hostile witnesses in court, forced to participate but denounce the entire procedure and hand all karma for it to hte judge and the Dark Hats running it.

They literally need permissions AND how to know if something is forced participation and karma free. Ask what Love says, not what their FIne Print says. Love always clears it up.

For those who think they don't need permissions and havent' roped consciousness, ask yourself why, in the thousands of years of this grand cycle's history, they don't just run the earth in out and out fascism and haven't already absorbed everyone into the borgs they want.

Because they can't. THough they seem to have the power and armies to do it. They can't.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We're slaves to our own thinking I think

That's not an argument against religion - far from it. The truth of it all is - we all need to try and make sense out of universe that make no sense sometimes - religious or not

Thinking can make you crazy if you let it, so sometimes we come up with reasons - and then we can stop

Life is a mixture of misery and joy - but I can only see it that way sometimes. It's difficult for any of us to get our footing in a life that sometimes looks like pure chaos. What you and Kosmic just mentioned is something a friend of mine is also going through right now - they're also Catholic, and suddenly their son says he's not sure he believes in God and doesn't want to go to church. He's in middle school - not sure of his exact age. I only bring it up because of what both of you have said - they don't know how to answer his questions. The mother in this story is very worried about this too - very worried

It's something we all have to go through - this process. You would think maybe that someone that's atheist can't relate to these sorts of situations, but the truth is - this is what happens when you have the ability to reason. We might all come to different conclusions - but the rest of it is probably pretty universal

And sometimes painful

I'm sorry you're sick Flyers. Being chronically ill doesn't help our take on things. But you seem to be pretty feisty - and you have a sense of humor

Sometimes that's enough to get us all through

:-)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I would tell my child, that lighting a candle for all the victims here is a good, it means you have a big heart.

That God is Love and this universe is a testing ground for choosing Thought/Mind frequency. And some take a long time, soul wise, to have positive loving thoughts. That some people, like Christ, come in to free minds, from believing in harshness, which allows the negatives to run this world. And htat those with alot of Love, came into help. So he's a hero for having Love, to keep it strong all your life. People come into try and lift earth up, to help their loved ones and nudge them free.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

He's ten years-old, I don't think it's time just yet to think he has doubts.

Oh YES, it is time to think that. Kids have 'doubts' about Santa Claus when they are about 7 or 8. I had doubts about the Bible stories from the first time I heard them being told as if they were truth.

Ten-year-olds are VERY aware of what is going on around them, and they watch every move we adults make.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

kosmicjack;

Whatever you decide(d) to tell your son, it needs to be "the truth to the best of your knowledge"; and I hope you add that what you told him is simply that: 'to the best of your knowledge.'

Could I ask...
Do you think "God" had anything to do with that tragic natural disaster? Or could have "stopped" or "prevented" it? Do you think "God" thinks anything at all about it?

I don't think it has anything to do with God. But...that said, I was raised Episcopalian, and at age 10, I definitely had the idea that we were useless and God was only 'being nice' by letting us gather crumbs up from under his table....which we didn't deserve. Because we'd screwed up by what we'd done and what we'd left undone.

The Prayer of Humble Access CAN, and DOES, make kids feel like they are hated, worthless sinners. Especially combined with the Petition and Confession nonsense.
Just sayin'. Scripture and prayer has different effects on different people. Maybe your son is like I was, and is hearing the services/scriptures/teachings of Catholicism as indictments.

I have only recently (over the last 10 years, and I'm turning 55 in a few days) gotten past that 'trauma' of being told I was a worthless sinner who deserved to go to hell. Is your son getting that message (whether you realize it or not?). My mother had NO IDEA that was what I was "hearing" when we prayed for "Humble Access."

Prayer of Humble Access

We do not presume to come to this thy Table,
O merciful Lord,
trusting in our own righteousness,
but in thy manifold and great mercies.
We are not worthy so much
as to gather up the crumbs under thy Table.

But thou art the same Lord,
whose property is always to have mercy:
Grant us therefore, gracious Lord,
so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ,
and to drink his blood,
that we may evermore dwell in him, and he in us.

Then there's the "Mea Culpa", or Prayer of Confession and Petition/Penitiential Rite:

I confess to almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
through my fault
through my fault
through my most grievous fault

Therefore, I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

Read those, prayed in unison by all, from the perspective of an 8 or 10-year old who is bright, conscientious and trying his best to be good. And maybe you can see why he would think God "hates" us.

Besides that, typhoons, hurricanes, and cyclones, as well as earthquakes and eclipses and floods, are all NATURAL occurrences on this planet. Although I do believe humans have messed up the Earth's balance) and continue to do so....which fact alone would irritate ANY 'sentient Creator.'

Just sayin'. Sorry, maybe you should ask only Catholics how to answer his doubts; or your priest.

Be prepared though, if your son is asking at this age (well into the 'age of reason'), he's not likely to stop questioning the tenets of your faith any time soon. The seed is already planted; make sure the sapling grows straight and true by giving him access to ALL explanations possible of why this occurred. It isn't necessarily "God's" doing - it was unfortunate and sad, and it was dangerous weather conditions.

If he meant, instead, why didn't God "stop it" - well, good luck with that one. He doesn't seem to stop much of ANYTHING horrible that happens to people en masse.

edit on 11/12/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by WarminIndy

He's ten years-old, I don't think it's time just yet to think he has doubts.

Oh YES, it is time to think that. Kids have 'doubts' about Santa Claus when they are about 7 or 8. I had doubts about the Bible stories from the first time I heard them being told as if they were truth.

Ten-year-olds are VERY aware of what is going on around them, and they watch every move we adults make.

Good point.

But since I never was introduced to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy or leprechauns, then it is hard for me to relate to that.

When I was ten years-old, I was just learning how to survive my situation. But let me give a life story that is real, because it is part of my life.

My dad was an evil person. One day when he was angry with my sister, he had forced my brothers to hold her down so he could beat her almost to death. I was 10 years-old at the time, she was 7. Several years ago I had to write a letter to her psychiatrist to verify this had happened. The story was so outrageous that the psychiatrist had thought she had made it up and was trying to say she was simply histrionic. But my brothers could not overcome this and to this day can't reconcile that it was not their fault, they simply choose to ignore the whole thing and then blame God for it, because they think if they have to acknowledge my dad being evil, that it somehow makes them evil as well.

They were little boys and can't get past that moment, and that part of them has stunted something in them. But not every ten-year old has the same reality.

When I was finally allowed the freedom to say my dad was evil, my brothers have so much trouble with that. One brother is completely atheist, another brother is Celtic Pagan, another is lost in his mind and another that is Christian is now seeing it is OK to call our dad evil. But this is how bad it was, when my dad died, not one sibling has offered to give him a headstone. But they blame God for my dad being evil, and all along my dad could have received help, which he chose not to take.

I can relate to children seeing what is going on around them, but children should not have to mature faster than they are mentally capable of.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

...I couldn't frame it for him or put it in perspective....
If there wasn't cyclones to dissipate heat, everyone would die.
That's the nature of the universe, looking at things like spiral galaxies.
That allows star systems to exist to create livable worlds.
The universe as it exists is a hostile environment and things and people die in the process that also allows life to exist.
I don't think god made the universe to be that way, and may not have created the universe Himself anyway.
We need to focus on what God does do, which is to help us to be better people to get along with others, and to give us another life after this one ends.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

FlyersFan

colbe

message to Eileen Renders
November 10, 2013
Jesus responded with these words for us; "My child Eileen, I want all My children to know that when My little children are injured in such a tragedy, it is not God?s will."

That statement of hers is against basic theology and against Catholic teaching.
Anything that happens is God's Will. It's either his ORDAINING WILL or his PERMITTING WILL.
That woman got basic theology wrong. Her 'message' is obviously fake.

An e-mailed letter from Mary... Mother of Jesus... A fake? Really... You think....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Oh, (thread divert)

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday
Wildtimes
Happy birthday to you

Have a good one.

(Now back on thread)

Do children read Mea Culpa? How can children read something they don't understand yet? But, I'm not Catholic, but I supposed if I had children, I would have only made them profess a mea culpa if they stole the car and drove it into someone's house....

I think if I had children, they probably would do something like that. "Did MY child do that?" That's what kind of parent I would be like, I think. But I don't know.

But my children would probably be bored to death, for their punishment I would probably make them read War and Peace and then I would be called abusive because I required them to read something big.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's quite a non-constructive question

- Do teachers hate you when they put you a bad grade for not studying?

- Do teacher have you when they give you exams to see if you understood?

- Do teacher have you when they assign you homework?

- Do you parents hate you when to make they have to make you understand by force something that you (when kid) are doing something extremely dangerous, to protect you?

It isn't simple at all to understand life and it is impossible to understand its exact purpose. Understanding life is done through logic, thinking and trial/error (although some stuff you don't need to try since you already know it is bad).

So think of it:
what exactly happened?
why it happened?
is it really bad?
do I have something to learn from?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan

When I first got really sick, my daughter got really mad at God. (she was 13).
She still is in 'reject mode'. She no longer prayers or goes to church or anything. (she's 17 now).
I think she still believes in Him but she doesn't seem to trust Him. I dont' blame her at all.

I admit that I question how a 'loving' God can sit back and let things unfold in such a horrific way . My ATS Thread - Is God A Deadbeat Dad? So much suffering of people and animals. So much 'error' ... people fighting over 'truth'. It's a mess.

The different religions talk about suffering and give reasons (or make excuses) for it.

As the previous poster said ... Christ suffered so we are going to.
So we are stuck suffering. So are the animals.
Supposedly God knows best and it's all for a reason.
Some days I still think that's true. Other days ... not so much.
Whatever the reason ... we are stuck with things the way they are.
We don't have to be happy about it. We just have to put up with it.

Evolving something takes time especially when you are dealing with humans with free will who can be quite egocentric sometimes.
. While humans think a couple of years and only about the nearest, god has to think about the whole and the long term goal.

And I have days when I curse the big plan and want everything to be done with. The thing I hate is the crap that is needed for the implementation of it. You have to understand the bad on a level where you never make the same mistakes again. Humans keep putting their hands on the stove burning themselves and there is no reason to say do not do it when humans do not listen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join