It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our wonderful Democratic process and Some Democrats in general...!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Days after a Republican was elected mayor of Annapolis, City Council members say they will revisit legislation that would strip the mayor’s office of much of its power.

If the measure is approved, it would mean the Democratic-dominated council would be removing the powers of the first Republican mayor elected since 1997

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

This story was sent to me by a friend who said:

Once again, we see how Democrats act when they lose - they break the law. Either they cheat to win, or if the cheating doesn't work, they break the law.
Democrats will "Coexist" only if your beliefs are in line with theirs. Otherwise, they are entitled to lie, cheat and steal to have their way. It is amazing how the rules only apply in their own interest, otherwise they can change them. Hypocrisy only applies when it is someone other than their fascist self.

Needless to say he was pissed and I really don't blame him based on the above story.

It Seems like anymore if certain people can not win fair and square they then attempt to change the rules or bring out the race baiting name calling or even guns if the following is correct!

Yet Another Democrat Tries To Assassinate An American President
Read more at politicaloutcast.com...

Even I initially thought that whoever did it was either a Republican or some backwoods, tinfoil-hat-wearing pseudo-Libertarian. Now that it's come out he is a Democrat/Independent, it's no surprise; virtually every assassin or would-be assassin of American presidents, both Republican and Democrat, have been leftists (to the extent that their political views are known).

There are several list of democrats who felt they needed a gun to change the political direction of the country but I do not feel like vetting all the list.. Just type in "democrats shot presidents" into your search engine you will be surprised.

Next time a gun ban is proposed maybe we should bar democrats if the assassination of political leaders is factored in ? Sorry I thought it was amusing

The two party system and the party loyalty it represents is destroying any chance we have of meaningful change even if one soul honestly tries. He/She will have the wrath of the IRS or be drug through the dirt until they are satirized into oblivion; think about it...

"We can't vote for that, it was thought of by a '_________'" kind of mentality that is being carried to extremes..

Funny how the government was shutdown because ACA was not ready for prime time but the party saying, "delay it or it ain't ready" was knocked down... Well we have ACA and it still is a mess and not ready. It would have been simple to say the first day we can and should delay the implementation for a year (work out the bugs) and avoid the whole shut down of the government and the pettiness we all read about.

The proposed actions by the ANNAPOLIS, Md. city council is disgusting, but is certainly nothing new; it seems like this kind of stuff is more out in the open with both parties being guilty.... Just ask Ron Paul and what happened during the GOP convention.... It looks like politics really is a dirty game to some, No?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"tinfoil-hat-wearing pseudo-Libertarian"

You know its funny. People say things like this just to get a rise out of people; they actually think that if they say this sort of crap enough it might be true. And its entrapment, not only entrapment but defamation. The whole point of that is to piss off centered folks who enjoy and cherish liberty in hopes that they'll go off on somebody or some stupid crap and then they can say "SEE! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE DANGEROUS!" Which then ruins any chance of someone not republican or democrat getting elected.

Its an old hat mechanism. It's a weak, tired, piss poor and pathetic method of securing votes and just an all around nasty thing to do people. It denies us all of Representative Government.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Nephalim
"tinfoil-hat-wearing pseudo-Libertarian"

You know its funny. People say things like this just to get a rise out of people; they actually think that if they say this sort of crap enough it might be true. And its entrapment, not only entrapment but defamation. The whole point of that is to piss off centered folks who enjoy and cherish liberty in hopes that they'll go off on somebody or some stupid crap and then they can say "SEE! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE DANGEROUS!" Which then ruins any chance of someone not republican or democrat getting elected.

Its an old hat mechanism. It's a weak, tired, piss poor and pathetic method of securing votes and just an all around nasty thing to do people. It denies us all of Representative Government.

Yep the name calling is alive an well when it would actually be beneficial if people listened and weighed the evidence based on merits of the position instead of party affiliation. Not gonna happen anytime soon as far as I can tell; but it would be a refreshing change in my mind..?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think its a form of political oppression myself. It doesnt stop there either does it because it prevents opportunity. Sorta like how they tell folks crap like... oh you cant get a job without a bachelors degree. economic and academic oppression, what else... discrimination even. Violation of first amendment rights possibly-religious test? who knows..
edit on 12-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Excuses me,,, but where's the reaching across the aisle and working together the Progressives say they live by?
I don't see any of that Progressive Hug and Kisses going on here.

What,,,, Are Progressives Lier's,,, like their Boss!

That Democratic Alderman is all Butt Hurt because a Republican was voted in by the People,,,, See, People,,,
Your Vote Means Nothing to them,,, Only What They think Is Important, They Know Whats Best For YOU!
That's Why You Have Obamacare and High Gas Prices and soon he Obama has his way, you'll be buying Carbon Credits!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well this is not shocking. It's not right what these Dems are doing but let's not pretend that Republicans... that both Party's pull these kind of shenanigans all the time. For instance after having lost the Governorship, Virginian GOP'ers changed the rules on counting votes as votes were being counted for AG.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yea I'm not surprised. I live in this state and am subjected to this nonsense on a regular basis. Let me tell you, I've been wanting to move for quite a while now.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is no different than when the Democrats fled their own states because they didn't have the majority and couldn't get their way. I know in Indiana they had arrest warrants out for them because they crossed the state lines and refused to return and do their job.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Your Vote Means Nothing to them,,, Only What They think Is Important, They Know Whats Best For YOU!

Great post and thanks; sometimes a cartoon says more than a page of written text. The whole "disregarding the constituents wishes" because the reps know better or their party says it will be a certain way has really gotten out of hand IMO. Hopefully the 2014 elections will clean house but I have my doubts due to many factors to include the ballot counting and money buys votes due to advertising.

Remember all the finger pointing during the government shut down ?

True the Tea Party and certain factions of the GOP were the groups screaming to delay ACA.. Now after all the stuff went down and millions have lost their insurance the government web sight will still not be fixed by the end of November according to: www.washingtonpost.com... /daf9670a-4bca-11e3-be6b-d3d28122e6d4_print.html

Software problems with the federal online health insurance marketplace, especially in handling high volumes, are proving so stubborn that the system is unlikely to work fully by the end of the month as the White House has promised, according to an official with knowledge of the project.

Debate over how to respond to Americans who are irate about losing their insurance is intensifying on Capitol Hill. The House plans to vote this week on a bill introduced by Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) that would extend this year’s insurance plans for a year. On Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said she is co-sponsoring a bill with Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) that would require insurers to offer 2013 plans on the individual market indefinitely.

Wonder how much pork and other riders will be attached to anything they pass to fix ACA ? Either way it is a wait and see scenario that is yet to be played.

Depending on who you listen to 5 million have already lost their insurance; more than have signed up for ACA !... hope those who have lost their insurance do not have an accident or need major medical care during this sign up period for ACA..

Some of the very things being discussed now are the same things being discussed when the government shutdown occurred, No? The apologist and party soldiers will never admit they were wrong...

new topics

top topics

join