It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God Exist!!!?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I'm not a huge fan of the dominance complex. I'm not interested in establishing a hierarchy of entitlement. And this whole "infinite perfection" business is just that.

I'm not interested in your interpretive abstractions. You are inventing excuses to redefine that which has already been defined in order to define that which cannot be defined.
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Yes, judging from your point of view, because you think that you sum up everything in those terms; but you must understand that there are things which transcend the intelligence of the most intelligent man, and for which your language, limited to your ideas and sensations, has no expressions. Your reason tells you that God must possess those perfections in the supreme degree; for, if one of them were lacking, or were not possessed by Him in an infinite degree, He would riot be superior to all, and consequently would not be God. In order to be above all things, God must undergo no vicissitudes, He must have none of the imperfections of which the imagination can conceive.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Shadow Herder

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I'm not a huge fan of the dominance complex. I'm not interested in establishing a hierarchy of entitlement. And this whole "infinite perfection" business is just that.

I'm not interested in your interpretive abstractions. You are inventing excuses to redefine that which has already been defined in order to define that which cannot be defined.

Yes, judging from your point of view, because you think that you sum up everything in those terms; but you must understand that there are things which transcend the intelligence of the most intelligent man, and for which your language, limited to your ideas and sensations, has no expressions. Your reason tells you that God must possess those perfections in the supreme degree; for, if one of them were lacking, or were not possessed by Him in an infinite degree, He would riot be superior to all, and consequently would not be God. In order to be above all things, God must undergo no vicissitudes, He must have none of the imperfections of which the imagination can conceive.

And yet you are perfectly capable of expressing such an intellectually transcendant concept. Please excuse my skepticism and hilarity.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I Wonder why you People say that the infinite is to much for us to comprehend and understand. Who can deal this authority, and speak for all of us?

They might speak for some of you, But not for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I Wonder why you People say that the infinite is to much for us to comprehend and understand. Who can deal this authority, and speak for all of us?

Are you telling us that you are capable of grasping and comprehending infinity?

Because if that's what you're saying, then you either don't know what "infinity" means, or you're just full of bologna.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

Are you telling us that you are capable of grasping and comprehending infinity?

Because if that's what you're saying, then you either don't know what "infinity" means, or you're just full of bologna.

What if i said that i know what the infinite is?

Would it mater? No..... because you wouldnt never accept what i was talking about any way.

You must wait for some guy on a Pay Roll to tell you. That is how you work. Because that is how you have been instrukted to work since kindergarden. You are one of those who have been told not to think, Because there are People who are payid to da that for you.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's one of the most abstract, nuanced, paradoxical and confusing elements in Mathematics where even the greatest minds fully acknowledge they can't comprehend it -it's more a tool used for iterative processes. So for someone with no background in the area to claim they understand and comprehend it is a little bit far fetched.

I'm more than comfortable working with equations involving infinity, but actually comprehending it is way beyond me. It's like the old Feynmann QM saying 'If you think you understand it, you don't understand it'
edit on 29-11-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What if i said that i know what the infinite is?

Would it mater? No..... because you wouldnt never accept what i was talking about any way.

You must wait for some guy on a Pay Roll to tell you. That is how you work. Because that is how you have been instrukted to work since kindergarden. You are one of those who have been told not to think, Because there are People who are payid to da that for you.

Hey. One, enough with the ad hominem. Tantrums won't make you any more popular of a philosopher around these parts. And you certainly aren't intimidating me. Two, I am thinking, which is why I'm not just letting you tell me what you think you know. I don't just swallow things because they're there. I'm not a blind customer, and I have a fair sense of smell when it comes to this stuff. If it doesn't make sense, don't expect me to bow to your "superior intellect".

But go ahead. I'll give you a shot. What's the "infinite", according to your perception?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Shadow Herder

AfterInfinity
reply to post by edmc^2

I'm not even sure infinity exists. It is beyond our ability to comprehend or express, if it does, so I sure as hell am not taking you as an authority on the nature of "infinity".

Can it be said that God is infinity?

"An incomplete definition. Poverty of human speech incompetent to define what transcends human intelligence."

God is infinite in His perfections, but "infinity" is an abstraction. To say that God is infinity is to substitute the attribute of a thing for the thing itself, and to define something unknown by reference to some other thing equally unknown.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.link

Quite right Shadow.

"An incomplete definition. Poverty of human speech incompetent to define what transcends human intelligence."

Just like the "shadow" doesn't and can't fully describe the real thing. Such is our understanding of the one that transcends TIME and SPACE. Our knowledge of Him is but a shadow.

A favorite Scripture of mine:

[Job 26:14 NASB] 14

"Behold, these are the fringes of His ways; And how faint a word we hear of Him! But His mighty thunder, who can understand?"

Yet, He wants us to "see" and know Him.

“His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.”—ROMANS 1:20.

Only when the "shadow" is turned into reality, one can fully understand the Eternal One.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I ask for logical discourse and I get esoteric abstractions. A lot of woolly ways to say nothing. If this is all you have to give to me, I'll just leave you guys to play in your sandbox.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I say forever is very much like "nothingness" except it is easier to comprehend, since we see time moving forward from our perspective.

nothing is harder than infinity

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
I ask for logical discourse and I get esoteric abstractions. A lot of woolly ways to say nothing. If this is all you have to give to me, I'll just leave you guys to play in your sandbox.

I wished you paid more attention to the discussion.

Oh well. Nice talking to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But go ahead. I'll give you a shot. What's the "infinite", according to your perception?

The Infinite is that which is not finite. That means that the infinite dosent have the same physical laws as finite have.

To understand what the infinit is. We can not use Equations that have Properties of finite in them. Because the only Space that have finite is the expanding singularity/ Our universe.

To us, The infinite would seam like a Space that is absolute empty. Because there are no Properties of finite there. Finite is only located within the expanding singularity / Our universe.

This is also the reason why we can not observe it or measure it. Because to us and Our techonlogy, the infinite would seam like Space that dosent exist and never have, because we cant observe it or mesure it. That is the Scientific argument right??

To us, only the expanding singularity / Our universe would exist. Because we can only measure finite. And create Equations With finite Properties. We do use infinity symbels With finite. But it dosent make the finite Properties infinite.

I tried to demonstrate that With the 10 cm string that some said could be split in havles a infinite amount of times.
But it cant be done unless there is a exsternal "already" existing infinite Source.

Based on this, science state that the infinite dosent exist. And you probably see why Right?

I will stop here to see if you agree, before i go on.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Based on this, science state that the infinite dosent exist. And you probably see why Right?

I'm following...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

I'm following...

You fallow, but do you agree and understand why the Scientific cummunity will never observe or measure the infinite?

If they can only observe and measure finite, they can not observe or measure the infinite. That must very Clear, if not you will not agree to how i am going to explain the infinite compared to the singularity / Our universe.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You fallow, but do you agree and understand why the Scientific cummunity will never observe or measure the infinite?

If they can only observe and measure finite, they can not observe or measure the infinite. That must very Clear, if not you will not agree to how i am going to explain the infinite compared to the singularity / Our universe.

Which means you're about to explain to me the nature of something you have never observed or measured, correct?
edit on 1-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

Which means you're about to explain to me the nature of something you have never observed or measured, correct?

Not really. The infinite can be understod by the information we have gathered about Our Universe / The singularity.

With Our universe / the singularity; you know what the infinite cant be.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Not really. The infinite can be understod by the information we have gathered about Our Universe / The singularity.

Okay, so tell me what you've discovered about the infinite. Just gimme a straight answer here.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spy66

Okay, so tell me what you've discovered about the infinite. Just gimme a straight answer here.

No.

Because you dont understand what i am talking about. It will just be a Waste of time. Read the thread its been mentioned more than once.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The finite has a beginning and an end.
The infinite has no beginning and no end - so there can be no 'after' infinity. It is the same as it can never be now again!

If it can never be now again - maybe, now is infinity. There is nothing before now and there is nothing after now - forever now - infinite now.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

The finite has a beginning and an end.
The infinite has no beginning and no end - so there can be no 'after' infinity. It is the same as it can never be now again!

If it can never be now again - maybe, now is infinity. There is nothing before now and there is nothing after now - forever now - infinite now.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Good point!

There's no AfterInfinity.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join