It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God Exist!!!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To all unbelievers, here's a simple yet profound question that merits an honest answer.

That is:

Should not the existence of "something" uncreated and infinite proves the existence of "someone" uncreated and infinite - God?

For example, we know that spacetime is both uncreated and infinite, that "IT" always existed. Yet why is this NOT proof enough of the existence of an incorporeal uncreated and infinite being - God?

In other words, why accept/believe that spacetime exist but not God?

How could spacetime exist and not God?

As the Scripture explicitly stated:

"Lift your eyes up to heaven and see who created all these— the one who leads out their vast array of stars by number, calling them all by name— because of his great might and his powerful strength — and not one is missing." - Isaiah 40:26 ISV

What Is Your Conclusion?

Our Universe
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ----------------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Had No ---------------- Had a
Beginning? -----------------Beginning?

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓-------------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Without Cause ----------Was Caused

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ---------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
By Some THING --------By Some ONE
Eternal ?------------------ Eternal?

What say you?

If at some point in the past, the Universe was once close to a singular state of infinitely small size and infinite density, we have to ask what was there before . . . We have to face the problem of a Beginning" -- Sir Bernard Lovell

???

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You have fallen into the religious zealot trap.

You want to prove that YOUR god exists.

I prefer thinking of the Mother of the Universe. It gets rid of all of those pesky illogical scriptures put in there by men to control people.

I am happy thinking of The Mother of the Universe or just Mummy for short.

ETA You also have a logical fallacy. Some one needed to create the universe = therefore god must exist

So who created God, well, obviously the Mother Of the Universe did that!

P

edit on 11/11/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

There may be a god I don’t know however I haven’t seen any evidence to persuade me there is one. There is evidence of a universe it is obvious and all around us but the universe does not prove god. An actual god would.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's a simple question - really.

It shouldn't be that hard to answer.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

edmc^2

To all unbelievers, here's a simple yet profound question that merits an honest answer.

That is:

Should not the existence of "something" uncreated and infinite proves the existence of "someone" uncreated and infinite - God?

For example, we know that spacetime is both uncreated and infinite, that "IT" always existed. Yet why is this NOT proof enough of the existence of an incorporeal uncreated and infinite being - God?

As the Scripture explicitly stated:

"Lift your eyes up to heaven and see who created all these— the one who leads out their vast array of stars by number, calling them all by name— because of his great might and his powerful strength — and not one is missing." - Isaiah 40:26 ISV

What Is Your Conclusion?

Our Universe
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ----------------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Had No ---------------- Had a
Beginning? -----------------Beginning?

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓-------------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Without Cause ----------Was Caused

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ---------↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
By Some THING --------By Some ONE
Eternal ?------------------ Eternal?

What say you?

If at some point in the past, the Universe was once close to a singular state of infinitely small size and infinite density, we have to ask what was there before . . . We have to face the problem of a Beginning" -- Sir Bernard Lovell

???
sorry i don,t believe in god and i certainly don,t believe in the so called big bang theory so like many millions i,m yet to know anything and never will

its human nature they have to have a reason for everything even tho nothings ever been proved,we have to except in our lifetime at least that you pick one and go with it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

" I am happy thinking of The Mother of the Universe or just Mummy for short. "

So , where did your " Mummy " come from ? Hmm...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
God exists.
He brought me some wine.
And boy was it strong.

Good times.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

edmc^2

No, not really.

We know nothing of the sort. Not knowing the totality of space-time doesn't prove anything except we need to learn more.

Well, we can measure space and time and validate it's existence.

Apples and oranges.

As the Scripture explicitly stated: "Lift your eyes up to heaven and see who created all these— the one who leads out their vast array of stars by number, calling them all by name— because of his great might and his powerful strength — and not one is missing." - Isaiah 40:26 ISV

Lifting our eyes only perceives objects within the 3rd dimension. God is supposedly beyond space and time so he'd be hard to see.

This is limited human thinking about what the beginning of the universe and pre-universal time is and that it is something humans can wrap their brains around without the data. Just my tiny human opinion though.

edit on 081pm0404pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

sorry i don,t believe in god and i certainly don,t believe in the so called big bang theory so like many millions i,m yet to know anything and never will its human nature they have to have a reason for everything even tho nothings ever been proved,we have to except in our lifetime at least that you pick one and go with it.

If there's no "big-bang" the Singularity, are you saying then that there was no "Beginning"?

If so how could that be since all evidence show that at one point in time there was no Universe then "bang" - there it was.

Heck even Einstein believe it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

edmc^2

"God" is just another way people have of saying "I don't know."

Also, why do you assume that time moves in only one direction and that there has to be a "beginning" or "creation?" If there was no creation, there's no need for a creator.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Something brought Order From Chaos in our particular Universe . A Catalyst Initiated by a Higher Intelligence , Ergo , a Supreme Being.........

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

grey580
God exists.
He brought me some wine.
And boy was it strong.

Good times.

Well my alien friend - bottoms up!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Blue Shift

edmc^2

"God" is just another way people have of saying "I don't know."

Also, why do you assume that time moves in only one direction and that there has to be a "beginning" or "creation?" If there was no creation, there's no need for a creator.

Yet there it is - staring us right in the eye. Space-time continuum exist!

Uncreated - without beginning and end.

How could such phenomena exist without being created?

Makes you think.

May I also add - time is relative.

As for the material universe - of course it did had a beginning whilst space-time has none.

edit on 11-11-2013 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by edmc^2

Something brought Order From Chaos in our particular Universe . A Catalyst Initiated by a Higher Intelligence , Ergo , a Supreme Being.........

Indeed my friend, yet I see no chaos but order and purpose - a sign of Great Intelligence!

Edit:

And may I also add, where there's great intelligence, there's a mind, where there's a mind there are thoughts, where there's a mind there's a body - a body = a being of higher "stuff" than the material universe.

edit on 11-11-2013 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So really, if an Always Existing, uncreated incorporeal "thing" like space-time continuum exist, then why not God?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

edmc^2

sorry i don,t believe in god and i certainly don,t believe in the so called big bang theory so like many millions i,m yet to know anything and never will its human nature they have to have a reason for everything even tho nothings ever been proved,we have to except in our lifetime at least that you pick one and go with it.

If there's no "big-bang" the Singularity, are you saying then that there was no "Beginning"?

If so how could that be since all evidence show that at one point in time there was no Universe then "bang" - there it was.

so cause Einstein believed in big bang i should?yeah all evidence that human race believes but we,r learning lately that what we believed about other things in universe we may have just got a little bit wrong,take more than Einstein saying he believed for me to believe that everything came from nothing.

i,ll guarantee that Einstein thought the moons round Saturn were dead but guess what we,ve found out that we,r wrong in that.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

sparky31

edmc^2

so cause Einstein believed in big bang i should?yeah all evidence that human race believes but we,r learning lately that what we believed about other things in universe we may have just got a little bit wrong,take more than Einstein saying he believed for me to believe that everything came from nothing.

i,ll guarantee that Einstein thought the moons round Saturn were dead but guess what we,ve found out that we,r wrong in that.

Umm...yeah because it's been proven time and time again that INDEED - the material universe had a beginning.

It's not just based on thoughts or speculation - it's a fact that: The Universe Did Had a Beginning at one Point in time - called the Singularity.

But the point or the question that needs to be answered is:

If space-time exist and that it had no beginning and end, even uncreated, why not God?

edit on 11-11-2013 by edmc^2 because: ..

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What in interesting and provocative question: Why God Exist?

Well, I've often wondered this as well. Why does god exist? As well, I wonder why do the "early" gods no longer exist?

Can both of those questions be answered by one word? Yes, I think so, and that word is BELIEF.

I am in no position as to state whether or not god exists, but I do know that god, as perceived by most, is an intriguing and universal security blanket for most of the world.

I know that faith is supposed to be most true when. . .well, it's like this,

Some things are true, whether we believe in them or not. And true faith is belief in something when everything else tells you not to believe. So, does god exist?

Yes, for some. For me personally? I am honestly not sure that my version of god fits the "norm", as it were.

But here's an interesting question.

Did I exist before posting in this thread? Do I require faith of the masses to exist?

Simply put, yes. . .and no.

Why does god exist? To justify the events of many lives that need to believe in something greater than the self.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We know nothing of the sort. Not knowing the totality of space-time doesn't prove anything except we need to learn more.

Now why do we need to know the totality of something that has no beginning and end to understand it?

You lost me there my friend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join