It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9x18 Mak penetration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A couple of videos on penetration--on water jugs with ball, and on gel with JHP.
Ball went through 4 water jugs and into 5th. JHP Hornady left wound channel in gel, went 12.5 inches.

These cz82s are such small, easily carried weapons, but I had always had a bit of concern about penetration, and typically always carried ball. After seeing these tests, I have no worries.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Beautiful. I've always considered one of those guns a cc. Extremely stylish.

But it just always goes back to a little snubnose for me...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

The 9x18 is a pretty decent round in my opinion. It's basically a 9x19, just a tad bit shorter and a little bit fatter. I believe bullet diameter is about 9.2mm.

The downsides to the 9x18 though is the availability of ammo. It's pretty hard to find around here currently. The only place I can find it is at Academy and it's only the Hornady self defense loads. I haven't found any FMJ for range ammo in months. Academy did have the Monarch 9x18 FMJ that was $10 for 50 rounds, but I haven't seen those in stock for months.

I bought a Baikal Russian Mak earlier this year for $300 and it's quite an awesome handgun. It is awesome in every aspect except I really hate the creep on the trigger.

new topics

join