It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America rushing to aid to far east while cutting aid to own citizens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

They didn't cut they removed the signing bonus La Bamba gave out to get re elected. It was a short term bonus

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
1. When money is shipped overseas in time of crisis does it go through the same audit standards overseas as when exchanged in the US?

2. How often and how much money goes un accounted or missing during these humanitarian aids around the world?

Unfortunately, from what I have seen and when it comes to politics it all boils down to money and business.

I would love to think govts are helping others in time of needs, but the cynic in me sees an opportunity for the scumbags to take advantage off.

So besides the buying influences overseas I also see an opportunity for our politicians to launder or steal large amounts of money with little accountability under the guise of humanitarian aid.

That can explain why we are so quick to help foreign countries in crisis but not our own.

edit on 12-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yep, and look at the trillions of dollars that have been spent overseas since 9/11. And WHAT have we accomplished? We have not bettered things for the US by any stretch of the imagination. So why would the government keep pushing these things? Because there are high-society members who are making billions off of these actions. That is the truth. War is profitable for those who make money off of them, and people would be surprised how many corporations, especially those who deal with the military, make off of these conflicts.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So we should just let them starve? And as for food stamp, well we had Obama care to pay for. Cuts had to be made! Just sayin we can cut all over the place and make a real difference but that will never happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Charity begins at home.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am very sure that people all over the world and countries all over the world are donating food, medicine, money etc. etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is that we only ever hear about how much the U.S. and the U.K and other wealthy countries are sending because they have the international networks to spread the word about their generosity, switch on any US news channel and you will hear how much the States is sending, take your choice of U.K. news channels and you will hear the same there! I donate as much as I can whenever I can as do most, if not all, of my family and friends but if I switch on a Namibian news channel I won't hear a word about how much our country is sending or how much the Namibian population has donated. We "might" in the future hear or read how generous our population and our government has been but it will not be broadcast daily over and over again as is the case in many other countries! I am just saying because it gets very tiring hearing how generous A, B and C have been knowing that our small country has done as much as it could but never getting , or asking for, recognition or thanks!

ps. The population of Namibia is under 2.3 million people, how much would you like us to donate?
edit on 13/11/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/11/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I know its frustrating brother..in general....but i watched a video the other day where kids were helping move the dead. Kids shouldnt have to be doing that. We gotta help them....and if we ever get so bad here in the usa or other developed countries...maybe they will remember our efforts.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My heart and soul go out to those people and if you are not moved by these pictures then there is something wrong.

Survivors of the Philippines typhoon have been ‘let down’ by a slow aid response, the UN’s humanitarian chief said yesterday.
Baroness Amos said that despite relief pouring in from around the world, it is still not reaching many of those in need a week after Haiyan struck.
Britain yesterday sent the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious to help the victims, as anger grows in areas where life-saving aid has yet to arrive.
Lady Amos, the former UK International Development Secretary, added: ‘I do feel we have let people down. We need to get assistance to them now.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have issues with the amount of 'aid' the UK sends to some country's and the effectiveness of how the aid is managed and distributed.
But how can anyone deny help in such instances as this?
This is quite different to the UK sending aid to India whilst it spends billions on it's own space project etc.
Yes, charity begins at home but 'home' is also this planet that we all share.....whatever happened to compassion and simply helping people because 'we' can?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My first response after viewing these forums for years since I was probably at the age of 10, I'm 21 now. You should understand that human beings are in a crisis every second as we speak. The least I personally would do is try to sacrifice anything I have to help. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm sure you won't die, I pray you won't. There's so many people out there in need and the entire world is in aid, not just us. Think about the smallest things in life. The post was a bit selfish but then again, so is the next man.

You have so much to offer, think about the cut back that was made on you and several millions of other people just to keep starving kids and families alive another day. Your living the American dream regardless of how your living conditions are. You have time to change your social status, become important and valuable to the nation. There's people out there living in third world countries who don't have what you have. Prime resources, clean water, government benefits, food, shelter, etc.

Open your heart please, let some love and generosity in.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
this type of thing has always bothered me. i feel bad for them. my heart goes out to them but in the end, its not our problem as a nation.
i sound cold hearted and honestly. i dont care. its how i feel. it really bothers me when the US sends aid to foreign nations when there is so much that needs to be done in this country.
there are citizens of this country that need food, shelter, and medical attention. if all of that was cleaned up then i would be on board with donating foreign aid.
as it stands, i am not a supporter of this.
i know they are facing some of the hardest things you could imagine. that said, it is not up to us to help the world. if individual citizens want to give some money out of their checks then more power to them. our government should not send 1 dime in foreign aid to any nation as long as there are so many in need of aid in this country.
thats just the cold hard truth of how i feel.

i feel to see how those people going through hard times is our problem as a nation.
i mean all the citizens of this country are taxed and the gov can send cash out as they see fit.
shouldnt we be consulted on these matters?
once our country is fixed then we can lend a hand to others. untill that time.... well, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join