It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America rushing to aid to far east while cutting aid to own citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

You shouldn't need help. Its the free world find a job, create a business. You do realize unemployment,welfare,and food stamps are supposed to be a safety net to help those that lost there jobs or had a failed business venture temporarily till they can get back on their feet. Food stamps and welfare are not a wise career move.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

You don't know much about the "free world" in it's current monstrosity.

You are not "free" to do anything. Statist systems have created a reality where one is not "free" to do anything. One cannot start a business or be free to work. Maybe when I get my website up and running I will just dedicate the whole thing to housing papers/articles on every catch-22 that exists in the United States/world.

Until then I suppose you will continue to believe people are in control of their own human capitol unit.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Well, I am disabled, and have a very rare form of cancer and the immediate outlook is not good, to say the least.

As far as career moves, those days are over, although I do sometimes gather enough energy to think I might beat this and go to work again. . .to me, those thoughts are a luxury. I would love to be healthy enough to just start another business. I built two photographic studios and sold them, and one company that handled medical transcriptions and reports of worker's comp injuries.

By the way, I find your "Get a job" statement to be both rude and harsh, especially since I am disabled, it's an insult to those who truly need help.

Please show me that I am wrong about that.
edit on 11 11 2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Charity begins at home.
How many of you out there would take food out of your kids months and let them go hungry to feed the kids next door? You feed your own first. Then you worry about others. We have homeless and starving people right here at home. You do not have to go on the other side of the planet to find them.
The US even gives money to pave roads in countries most of us have never heard of while at the same time our roads are washing away. Maybe states should succeed from the union. That way they can appeal for foreign aid. They would get more money then than they are now.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Divine i never said that disability was a safety net. Clearly i said welfare, food stamps and unemployment were. I hate to hear about your condition especially during this uncertain time with the health care industry. Having built two successful businesses you should be touting for the american dream as i am. In addition, if there werent millions of free loaders competing for benefits against the rare cases where hard times have dealt a harsh blow ,such as yours, would be easier to provide the comfort and health care you need.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Yes proudly i believe in the American Dream. I grew up sharing a bunk bed with two sisters in a single-wide trailer where my parents slept on a fold out couch in the den. Yep i was "Southern trailer park trash" today i own a company that employs 49 people. My family never once asked for a hand out we worked hard shrived hard for what we have and we made it. No one on this forum is not intelligent enough to do the same.

The reason people cant make it today is because people like you and the democratic party tell them they cand do it. But YES YOU CAN!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Some of you people are pathetic. You would let people die because your selfish. You are the type of people that make the world a bad place. The very worst of humanity. I can only be thankful that your a small minority and that mankind has not gone completely down hill.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Thank you for your generous and kind response. I sincerely believe you have a great passion and a gift of recognizing true problems within the "system"

Honestly, I apologize for anything I said about being rude. . .how could you know my situation?

However, I actually agree with your statements regarding the system and its faults.

Star and a flag for your thread!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Administration is damned if they gives too much welfare aid to Americans
and also is damned if they cuts too much welfare aid.

It's productive to vent. Otherwise w'd be cvered in zits.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

they took 12$ a mounth from my EBT those in P.I. need it more then me.'

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

wantsome
I see the US is sending tons of aid to the far east in wake of the typhoon disaster yet they cut food stamp aid here. I'm disabled through no fault of my own and struggling to survive in the richest country on earth. They cut food stamps by 47 million yet we're rushing to aid the Philippines. How about we fix our problems at home before we try solving the worlds problems.

I am in same boat as you but that is also who we are to help people in need. We as a people have blinders on when it comes to helping our own. It is America, they should be able to help themselves.

This is how we think. It is of course absurd but we are brainwashed to think this way all of our lives. Even in our churches this is how it is. It is easy for us to give for something on the other side of the world and miss the person two rows over who needs help paying utility bill. We have trouble giving them money even worse we have trouble even asking for it. That is really sad.

A for the food stamps they have never kept up with the cost of living or rising interest. These cuts should have been permanent a long time ago.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A lot of people who say "I'm disabled" actually aren't on SS Disability, because they DON'T QUALIFY.
Reagan Got people off of Welfare by putting a limit on the amount of years they could draw in a lifetime.
The next administration created a NEW safety net, and called it SS Insurance.
It appears to be very easy to qualify for. A year of not working, and back pain will get you in.
ADHD/ADD will do the trick.
Not holding a steady job will work, too; you just need a clinical psychologist to give you a label.
There are 7,977,000 people receiving Social Security Disability, which they paid taxes for.
There are 5,579,000 people receiving Social Security Insurance, which they did not pay taxes into the system for.
One example of a person I know personally: She was a wild child, wouldn't go to school, partied non stop, and at age 16 had a kid- went on Welfare, and before her years of benefits ran out, THE WELFARE DEPARTMENT helped her transition over to SSI.
Psychologist gave her an ADHD label; wasn't enough, so they tried again. This time she added that she also "heard voices", and she was in!
She has never worked a day in her life, but has managed to pop out four kids- who also get benefits.
Her life has been one long party of drugs and booze, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it!
She is 27 now, and lives at a much higher standard than I ever did working 10 hour, hard labor days - and we're paying for it!
I personally know quite a few more cases like this, and they are ALL capable of working,but, hey; why should they?
No way the could have it as good as they do now!
They also have 100%! yeah, that's right! 100% medical/ dental coverage!!! Can't afford to do that for the retired folk, but I guess the social leeches need it more than we do, eh?
I say "what the heck; bring on the hispanics"; I don't need a roof over my head as much as they need my tax dollars.
I really, really, REALLY hope there is such a thing as karma. That's the only thing that would make me feel like 45 years of hard work and paying my taxes wasn't a completely futile effort.
Nugget

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

The influence we have on our own prosperity is there albeit small. In the current rigged scheme of things only so few can make it at a time while the rest are weighted down by unfair, disgusting and sadistic systems. This is how it is, and how it will be for much time to come. In order to hold up the scaffolding which supports the quiet lives of the aristocrats, many will continue to suffer.

However, this isn't the topic at hand, this is about disaster relief.

Although many who have time and wealth to be making a fuss about how you should feel bad by not helping their fellow man 10,000 miles away and as many of them choose to do so and choose to allege your guilt, ignore them. It's as though from their golden pillows they see victims and lower class as in the same pool, they see them with contempt and see any tragic event as a way to boost their own image, to promote their businesses in good light. To profit off tragedy. They sleep sound nights in their gated communities and eat full breakfasts waking up in the late morning lashing out at how the lower class couldn't even offer X or Y. It's disgusting. Just bare with it, as the economic system changes these situations should die off and we could actually assist others without fear of actual ruin.

I truly wish those displaced by this force of nature be well. To those of you in that region affected by the recent storm, my heart is with you. My will to see it well is with the world whenever it hurts.

edit on 11-11-2013 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

what's even more suspicious IMO is the swiftness of response. the magnitude of damage the calamity has rendered on those parts wasn't reported until 3 days after and on that same day when these terrible reports came pouring in the US army conveniently appears to be rushing aid as well when even the country's own haven't even arrived yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

nugget1
A lot of people who say "I'm disabled" actually aren't on SS Disability, because they DON'T QUALIFY.
Reagan Got people off of Welfare by putting a limit on the amount of years they could draw in a lifetime.
The next administration created a NEW safety net, and called it SS Insurance.
It appears to be very easy to qualify for. A year of not working, and back pain will get you in.
ADHD/ADD will do the trick.
Not holding a steady job will work, too; you just need a clinical psychologist to give you a label.
There are 7,977,000 people receiving Social Security Disability, which they paid taxes for.
There are 5,579,000 people receiving Social Security Insurance, which they did not pay taxes into the system for.
One example of a person I know personally: She was a wild child, wouldn't go to school, partied non stop, and at age 16 had a kid- went on Welfare, and before her years of benefits ran out, THE WELFARE DEPARTMENT helped her transition over to SSI.
Psychologist gave her an ADHD label; wasn't enough, so they tried again. This time she added that she also "heard voices", and she was in!
She has never worked a day in her life, but has managed to pop out four kids- who also get benefits.
Her life has been one long party of drugs and booze, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it!
She is 27 now, and lives at a much higher standard than I ever did working 10 hour, hard labor days - and we're paying for it!
I personally know quite a few more cases like this, and they are ALL capable of working,but, hey; why should they?
No way the could have it as good as they do now!
They also have 100%! yeah, that's right! 100% medical/ dental coverage!!! Can't afford to do that for the retired folk, but I guess the social leeches need it more than we do, eh?
I say "what the heck; bring on the hispanics"; I don't need a roof over my head as much as they need my tax dollars.
I really, really, REALLY hope there is such a thing as karma. That's the only thing that would make me feel like 45 years of hard work and paying my taxes wasn't a completely futile effort.
Nugget

I am not sure who it is you speak of. I don't know anyone getting free dental. I have four broken teeth and can't afford to go too dentist. I wish I could get help with permanent teeth replacement, what a blessing that would be. I have lived through several hurricanes so I know what I speak and what these things can do.

What they need is money first, they have none and no way to access. They need water, thousands will get sick and die from drinking tainted water. They need food and shelter. The UN housing tent is perfect. Easy to put up, self contained includes small integrated generator. Not cheap though.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I believe that "drug testing" everybody is a fiscally braindead dead-end, which will "save" tax-payers about a dime for every dollar they spend testing.

I also believe that's its easy to get the working class lined up in support of it, because they have been conditioned to respond to emotional / morality conditioning via their love for TV and other spoonfed media.

That's why I invest in companies who specialize in providing testing supplies to Labcorp. It's easy money because the no bid contract always win in a morality-storm.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I personally know lots and lots of people that have lived off "diagnosis" and more children, and food stamps that get traded for cash (go to any large city grocery store parking lot and see it first hand if you don't believe this) People actually sell their own children's social security numbers in the parking lot, so others can put them down as "dependents" to steal more benefits.

Anyway, Why do American marines go in? Isn't there a whole UN Army full of people to do this - compliments of the billions of dollars we pay to the UN?

I wish some hurricane Sandy people who are still living in motels will say what kind of response they've had to the storm last year in the northeast.

Is China sending a bunch of humanitarian aide to the Phillipines right now?

I bet Austrailia is.

I do want to say that those people have - and will endure- horrendous loss and my prayers are with them.

It's just that - why does america have to be the saviour everytime? Can't other world populations help, too?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

It isn't just the US many countries are sending aid. (plus 90 marines isn't going to break the bank for the USA is it?)

www.interaksyon.com...

All countries doing their bit will be seen by the people there as a savior not just the USA...
edit on 12-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I am not sure who it is you speak of. I don't know anyone getting free dental. I have four broken teeth and can't afford to go too dentist. I wish I could get help with permanent teeth replacement, what a blessing that would be. I have lived through several hurricanes so I know what I speak and what these things can do.

I was referring to the extra health coverage people on SSI (glorified Welfare) get thst people on Disability or Retirement don't get. SSI recipients don't have a co-pay either.
Seems a little backwards to me.
Sorry about your dental issues. People on SSI can get a brand new, FREE set of dentures every three years!
I'd rather see the money go to the victims of the typhoon than buy dentures for able-bodied takers any day.
Nugget

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I sure hope they don't have the criminal clintons collecting the money for the relief funds, like they did in Haiti.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join