It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah the masses are stupid or at least "adverage". But most of the goverment are stupid too. So what the good of the masses of people being governed when those doing the governing are just as stupid. Its the blind leading the blind. For every one gem the goverment comes out with you get 99 turds.

That has always been the way and always will be the way...still doesn't change the fact that the masses are stupid and need to be governed.

A funny thing happens when you work as a group instead of an individual...some of the stupid gets filtered...and the most stupid is outright laughed at.

The best way is small decentralised goverment that doesnt try to rule over too many people over to large a land mass. You need to limit faceless burrocracy too, beacuse as soon as goverment gets faceless it gets disconnected. Doesnt mean there shouldnt be public services or safety nets. But the goverment should be as least invasive as possible.

I disagree, but that discussion is probably for another thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

So your tactic to downplay or debunk these lies is to circulate new lies and disinformation? If you honestly believe that the ACA is a stopgap measure, why are you defending it so vehemently? If you understand that it is supposed to fail, then why are trying to downplay the very real issues that people in this thread are bringing up? You should be outing these same issues so that we can more quickly transfer to your perceived goal of having a singlepayer system.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

PlatinumShatinum

How does me being stupid, as I am one of the masses, put any burden on you? Forcing overpriced insurance plans down my throat most definitely puts a burden on me.

The bottom line is that the medical professionals are over paid.

I don't know, I would have to get to know you better to know how your stupid would burden me.

I don't know if I agree that medical professionals are over paid...I do think insurance companies, drug companies and corporate hospitals make too much profit off of the suffering of others. That is why single payer is the most logical solution.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

macman
[

It was working. People paid for medical services. I believe house calls were common, and services were affordable.

Not really as the USA was bottom of the developed world for healthcare.

Not saying ACA is any good I think its a big fat smelly turd and worse than you had.

But it was broken before and needed fixing....

Just now its even more broken.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is a 0% chance Obamacare gets repealed in 2014. First, Obama is in office until 2016. Second, Obama hates Americans, if Obamacare is doing us harm, then Obama is doing his job.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

In the past women's insurance plans never covered vasectomies... nor did they cover prostate exams... nor did they cover anything relating to the male reproductive system. Nor did men's insurance policies cover mammograms, pregnancy or OBGYN care. Adults policies never covered for pediatric wellness exams either. You are utterly stupid if you think this was the case. It's the case now... thanks to the ACA but it never used to be. There was a reason why women's health insurance was more expensive than men's... it was because they were more prone to using it and procedures like child birth, caesarian sections, child birth and pregnancy issues (which are incredibly costly) hysterectomies and the list goes on. Never was it factored in that men pay for women's procedures, or vice versa, or that children's coverages costs were factored into premiums on male or female policies you are utterly wrong.

Really?

So you are saying that employees at a company paid different amounts of money based on if they were male or female??? I can guarantee you that they didn't.

And I know that private policies didn't matter either...except for maternity care...you have always had to pay extra for that with private policies...which I think is absolute crap.

But if what you say is true, then that is even more reason to support the ACA because it should have never been that way.

What most people including myself are upset about is the fact that any choice in our preference has been stripped away, I don't want to pay for mammograms, or pediatric care for myself or my son, I don't want to have to pay premiums for my wife or my daughters to have coverage for prostate exams.

Tough...deal with it...we are all in this together.

The only way insurance works is for the many to all pitch in a little to pay for the few that need a lot of money for their services. Doesn't matter if they are male or female, kids or adults, white or black....the many help pay for the few.

Of course insurance companies used to try to exclude coverage for something or require people to pay extra for certain coverage...and that was part of the problem...and I'm glad those days are over.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If we are working off the actual definition of, then yes.

What are the reports of people's policy costs now as opposed to last year?

Are you honestly trying to argue by redefining words?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That is a farce.

Our wait times for service are were faster then other countries.

Our level of hospital based infections were lower as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

OMsk3ptic
There is a 0% chance Obamacare gets repealed in 2014. First, Obama is in office until 2016. Second, Obama hates Americans, if Obamacare is doing us harm, then Obama is doing his job.

Well that a bunch of crazy paranoid crap.....

Surely Obama cant pass anything without the support of his party in congress and the high courts?

Surely the blame need to be spread over few hundred people?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It wasn't great because it wasn't "free".
Maybe now you will understand his stance on things and life.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

macman

It was working. People paid for medical services. I believe house calls were common, and services were affordable.
Don't you remember, this is the point in time which you laughed and mocked me for mentioning.
Look, I understand you love you some 0bama and more Govt control, but as you will see over the next little bit, most people don't.

You fear life and all that might come with it. Thus bringing your want and push for Govt run health care.
You may look forward to life under the thumb of Govt, but again, many many don't.

I guess you are either too scared to live or not intelligent enough to do so.

You are living in the past, as are most conservatives. Time have changed, healthcare has changed, and costs have changed.

The good thing about those that refuse to accept change...they eventually die out...the new generation doesn't need to accept the change because to them it is not change, it is the present.

I live just fine, and I'm very comfortable with my intelligence.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm an advocate for single payer...but I understand why we needed the ACA first.

I don't think any liberal wanted the ACA...it was the compromise that was needed to get something passed...and we needed something passed to stop the stories of kids dying because insurance companies screwed them over. The ACA is our better than nothing...and it will be temporary.

That still doesn't mean I am willing to stand by and let Right Wingers completely lie about it.

Excellent ! ... perfect deflection.

As you know, the PPACA was passed with full Democrat majorities in Senate, House, and Executive branches.

PPACA had full support of all Left Wing NGOs as well.

And as you know, with -zero- Republican votes.

And with that circus act put on by Harry Reid & Co. about the so-called "public option" that was emphasized and blown out of proportion.

If the Democrats wanted anything near "single payer", they would have adopted and passed such a bill.

The fact is, they passed exactly what they wanted...... a Corporatist plan that will transfer much money from a high percentage of Americans to a small percentage of corporate elitists. Perhaps 100 million people giving money to perhaps a few hundred thousand at the top of the structure.

But for the sake of argument, what are the estimates for payroll taxes necessary for an "All Medicare" plan for everybody ? How much more would that add to the existing payroll deductions?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You are confusing life with doing nothing.

I will work....let me repeat...I will Work to make my situation better and to take care of myself and the people that depend on me.

What you want is a life with no pain, no failure, no sacrifice, no responsibility and no anything.

Doesn't work that way.
I wouldn't want to live in such a mortal world. I understand that without those things, the other side of the coin doesn't mean as much.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

macman

That is a farce.

Our wait times for service are were faster then other countries.

Our level of hospital based infections were lower as well.

Yet your life expectancy was lower than quite a few......

Lets see:
Hongkong
Singapore
Japan
Isreal
Spain
ooo I give up there are a lot who's life expectancy were higher. Not to mention infant mortality which the USA ranks 34th at.

It also depends on areas, yes there were some damed good hopsitals in the USA (same as there are some dammed good ones in the UK, Gemany and even China). But the USA is a very big place. That standard was not uniform.

Sorry but those are facts your healthcare was not as good as your media said it was.

Something needed reform.

Not the ACA but it needed change.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No, that is not what I stated. That is what you twisted it into to suit your Progressive Bull crap.

You really should get your act together before you bring this 3rd class attempt to debate.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I will say that it is refreshing to see individuals who are openly advocating for complete government control over our lives.

It cuts through the bull-poop that they actual care or are doing/saying these things for phony altruistic reasons.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

macman

You are confusing life with doing nothing.

I will work....let me repeat...I will Work to make my situation better and to take care of myself and the people that depend on me.

What you want is a life with no pain, no failure, no sacrifice, no responsibility and no anything.

Doesn't work that way.
I wouldn't want to live in such a mortal world. I understand that without those things, the other side of the coin doesn't mean as much.

So your denying hard times cant hit someone? That jobs cant be lost and buisneses cant go bust?
And if that happend to you, you would let a loved family member just dies cause you cant afford the healthcare? Please anweser me that?

If your just going to let the weak and sick who cant pay die you may as well put them in camps and shot them as it would be more mercyfull on them in the long run.

Sorry but its sick when the richest country in the world lets people die of fully treatable deasese.

macman

BS! I just dont want see people die needlesly. Yeah people fail, you have to sacrifice. Im not saying people should get a free house and free TV and free car ect But I do think people have a right to LIFE to continue LIVING so they do have a chance to imporve themselfs. Yes I beleive people should take responsibility but there a limit I will go to and that when people start to DIE.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

So your tactic to downplay or debunk these lies is to circulate new lies and disinformation? If you honestly believe that the ACA is a stopgap measure, why are you defending it so vehemently? If you understand that it is supposed to fail, then why are trying to downplay the very real issues that people in this thread are bringing up? You should be outing these same issues so that we can more quickly transfer to your perceived goal of having a singlepayer system.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I don't like disinformation...it is a pet peeve.

The ACA is a stop gap measure...it was desperately needed because people were dying daily due to insurance companies screwing them over or because they couldn't afford the treatment they needed. I'm defending it because it is better than nothing...and I will defend saving people's lives over people crying that they don't know how to budget to afford health insurance.

It wasn't designed to fail, I never stated it was. It was designed that the only logical next step is single payer...but not that it is designed to fail on it's own. It was designed to correct some of the most outstanding problems with our current system, but not be a comprehensive solution because that was being blocked by Republicans fear mongering...but in the long run people would still understand that this isn't the best we can do and will eventually see that single payer is the only logical option. The Right Wing with their fear mongering and sabotage may end up making it fail...and I have said that I am completely fine with that because that will bring along single payer sooner.

The "very real issues" people are having in this thread are budgeting issues...I honestly don't care about their budgeting issues.

I know the demographics of this country and right now they don't favor us moving to a single payer system in the very near future...that is unless we are forced to by the insurance system collapsing and then we have no choice but to move that way. If the Right Wingers don't want a single payer system, they should be doing everything in their power to make the ACA work very well....but their hate for Obama is blinding them, so they will attempt to destroy something and not even realize that they are bringing about the very change Obama was always looking for.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh, so know your defense is that I am living in the past. Not that it didn't work in the past, but that we must "Progress" or "Be ruled/governed over".

Your true colors are on display and it is the ugliest shade I have ever seen.

You truly are an Elitist Progressive. You more than likely believe in Eugenics as well.

I think that the 40's era, say Germany, would suit your taste more then 2013.

edit on 12-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What are the reasons for the life spans?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join