It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Will Be Repealed Well In Advance Of The 2014 Elections

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

AlienScience

The vast majority of Americans, on both sides, are stupid. I am 100% fine with stating this and operating on this basis.

Stupid people need to be governed for their own good...period...has always been this way and always will be this way.

Spoken like a true elitist progressive.

Even the founders, for all their faults, knew this...this is why when the won independence from England that they knew they had to institute a government to govern the populace...because they knew stupid people needed to be governed. If they didn't think so, they would have declare that no government shall ever be established and people are smart enough to know what is best for themselves...but they didn't do that...did they?

Bull. Revisionist history bull-potty.

So they wanted an oppresive government over anarchy?

You make no sense. But if the noise you generate sounds good to you, then please, carry on.

The elitist mindset is doomed to failure, in my humble opinion. Because it relies on people remaining blind to the over-reaching arrogance of the ivory-tower elitists.

And with Obamacare, you guys over-stepped your boundries and blew it, big time.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

No the numbers I came up with are the numbers from my own personal budget. $2000 a month isn't gross pay which is how tax brackets are calculated, it is net pay. I don't qualify for a subsidy because I actually make $36000 a year before taxes, but take home far less because uncle sam perpetually has his hand in my pocket.

If you are the only person in your household and you make less than 46k then you qualify for a subsidy...if there is more than just you in your household...the amount is much greater.

Again, you don't seem to know what you are talking about...even with your own situation.

Also this whole "let it fail so we can have single payer solution" is by far the absolute WORST talking point of the left. Shove a giant stinking turd of legislation down our throats and cause severe financial hardship for many middle class families (coming to light that it is effecting more people then they originally thought it would too), then look like the saviors of your own manufactured crisis with your already crafted solution. Ends justify the means. Sick crap right there. My solution? I don't have one, but I certainly don't trust the crocodiles in business suits we call politicians in D.C. to come up with a good one either.

Don't blame the only people that have the foresight that the only viable long term solution is single payer. It isn't even a difficult thing to deduce...just look at the rest of the developed countries to see what the best solution is.

The ACA was meant to be a temporary band aid until we could get the population to the point in seeing and understanding that single payer is the only option. But we have too many stupid and scared Right Wingers right now for that to happen. However, the Right hates Obama sooooo much that they are actively sabotaging their own solution (yes, the ACA was a Republican idea)...which now may result in the collapse of the insurance industry and then the rise of single payer much sooner than originally thought...which is just fine by me.

And of course you don't have a solution...because the ACA was the best solution available after single payer...all you have is bitching and moaning over something you don't seem to understand.

I'm trying to work up to a decent paycheck, but cannot do that if Obama and company keep taking money away from me every time I try to start saving or having a life.

What is holding you back is your lack of self responsibility and your need to blame others for your problems.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The scenario you just gave is called life.
It happens.

I will not depend on Govt to provide for me. As once you accept the "Govt Help", they are your master.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Spoken like a true elitist progressive.

I'd rather be an elitist progressive that wants to look out for those less fortunate than me, than be one of those less fortunate fools that worship the elitist conservatives.

Bull. Revisionist history bull-potty.

So they wanted an oppresive government over anarchy?

They knew that stupid people needed to be governed. There is no other reason to establish a government if you don't think the common people can self govern themselves efficiently. Like it or not...the founders were "elitist progressives" that knew that the majority of people need a government to tell them what and what not to do.

The elitist mindset is doomed to failure, in my humble opinion. Because it relies on people remaining blind to the over-reaching arrogance of the ivory-tower elitists.

And with Obamacare, you guys over-stepped your boundries and blew it, big time.

It wasn't an overreach, it was a temporary band aid...if the Right Wing wants to rip off that band aid sooner than later...it will cause more pain but we will get to single payer sooner.

It's really up to the Right Wingers at this point.

And the elitist mindset has reigned since the beginning of time, it isn't going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

macman

The scenario you just gave is called life.
It happens.

I will not depend on Govt to provide for me. As once you accept the "Govt Help", they are your master.

So you would happly just let life happen and quietly die of something treatable.? Or let a love one just pass away when they could have a good 40 years left in them anywere else in the civilised world?

That what you expect in a 3rd world craphole not one of richest nations in the world.

I think very very few would agree with you on this point. Or if they do would quickly change there mind when diagnosed with a fully treatable condition that they just cant afford.

Does it not bother you that even some of the most free market countrys round the world like HongKong and Singapore manage to provide a service good enough so no one dies needlessly? even with low tax and minimal goverment interferance?

There needs to be some balance. Or you just get Somalia.
edit on 12-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

You claim everyone else is stupid and needs to be told what to do.....

But what makes you so "smart" and trustworthy to tell others what to do?

link   
DP

link   
DP

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think very very few would agree with you on this point. Or if they do would quickly change there mind when diagnosed with a fully treatable condition that they just cant afford.

I don't think he agrees with himself...it is just complete internet tough guy talk..."Yeah...if my wife got cancer, I'd just let her die because accepting help is not 'murican enough."

I'm sure he would be the first crying for help if he got a diagnosis that was treatable and he didn't have insurance.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No YOU don't know the law. Here a subsidy calculator:

link to subsidy calculator with my information typed in

You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to: $0 per year
(which covers 0% of the overall premium)

Try again buddy.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

AlienScience

I don't think he agrees with himself...it is just complete internet tough guy talk..."Yeah...if my wife got cancer, I'd just let her die because accepting help is not 'murican enough."

Sorry I dont agree with 90% of what your saying on this thread as I think Obamacare is a right cock up. And there are far better ways to give affordable healthcare to all.

But that just made me LOL

Your right as soon as his wife or a child got some form of cancer that requires a $500,000 round of treatment he will be singing a very diffrent tune.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

crazyewok

Who says I am?

I'm smart enough only to realize how completely stupid I and the rest of my fellow humans are. But when you come to that realization, you also come to an understanding that some things that most people take for common sense isn't actually common sense to a lot of people and so they must be told that it is common sense.

I'm comfortable with my intelligence, I have no need to prove it to anyone...but the surest sign of someone being stupid is that they won't admit that the masses are stupid.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

AlienScience

Who says I am?

I'm smart enough only to realize how completely stupid I and the rest of my fellow humans are. But when you come to that realization, you also come to an understanding that some things that most people take for common sense isn't actually common sense to a lot of people and so they must be told that it is common sense.

I'm comfortable with my intelligence, I have no need to prove it to anyone...but the surest sign of someone being stupid is that they won't admit that the masses are stupid.

Yeah the masses are stupid or at least "adverage". But most of the goverment are stupid too. So what the good of the masses of people being governed when those doing the governing are just as stupid. Its the blind leading the blind. For every one gem the goverment comes out with you get 99 turds.

Thats the problem. The best and brighest never go into goverment either. I mean look at G W Bush

The best way is small decentralised goverment that doesnt try to rule over too many people over to large a land mass. You need to limit faceless burrocracy too, beacuse as soon as goverment gets faceless it gets disconnected. Doesnt mean there shouldnt be public services or safety nets. But the goverment should be as least invasive as possible.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

AlienScience

The vast majority of Americans, on both sides, are stupid. I am 100% fine with stating this and operating on this basis.

Stupid people need to be governed for their own good...period...has always been this way and always will be this way.

Sorry to say this but that quote there just made my day, you know why? because that is the moronic believes that most dirty politicians and their pimps benefactors have of those beneath them.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

crazyewok

The ultra Left Wing agenda uses that old trick all the time.

It's just a standard con game hustler tactic (successful too it seems)

The object of the game is to create as many *Money Funnels* as possible at all possible levels.

Notice how the amplified deflections always keep your eye off the main problems that always cause the same results.

The results always being the wealth transfers from poor and medium middle class to the elitists/corporatists.

Any kind of individualism is strictly forbidden and attacked relentlessly.

It's all about economic slavery.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

How does me being stupid, as I am one of the masses, put any burden on you? Forcing overpriced insurance plans down my throat most definitely puts a burden on me.

The bottom line is that the medical professionals are over paid.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AlienScience

Yes because so many men weren't getting their yearly mammograms from a lack of funding or insurance coverage. Oh wait, men don't need mammograms, so making them a requirement for all insurance plans is beyond stupid and a quick way to increase the price of insurance.

You have fallen for the Left Wing's sunshine and rainbows rhetoric...I feel sorry for you, but it seems like there is little I can do to help because you seem hell bent on refusing to listen to factual information.

And women don't need vasectomies...and yet those are covered and always have been covered on everyone's insurance plan. It also covers prostate exams...and women don't need those.

The basic premise of insurance is that the entire pool assumes the risk for the individual...that means that men assume all risks women have and women assume all risks men have. It also means that non-African American assume the risk for sickle cell disease even though they have a dramatically lower risk in getting the disease....this is how insurance works.

It is completely ignorant to suggest that only women should pay for mammograms, pregnancy, or other women related health issues while insurance companies have always covered male specific procedures. Not only is it ignorant, I would even go as far to say it is misogynist.

I am proud to be able to say I stand for equal coverage for women as for men...no need to feel sorry for me. You go ahead and keep trying to treat women like they are beneath you...you fit right in with the Republicans.

LOL... For a while I read your posts and thought that maybe you were in the medical insurance business.... but after hearing you spout off about "pools" and "shared coverages" on gender specific policies I have a strong feeling that you aren't.

In the past women's insurance plans never covered vasectomies... nor did they cover prostate exams... nor did they cover anything relating to the male reproductive system. Nor did men's insurance policies cover mammograms, pregnancy or OBGYN care. Adults policies never covered for pediatric wellness exams either. You are utterly stupid if you think this was the case. It's the case now... thanks to the ACA but it never used to be. There was a reason why women's health insurance was more expensive than men's... it was because they were more prone to using it and procedures like child birth, caesarian sections, child birth and pregnancy issues (which are incredibly costly) hysterectomies and the list goes on. Never was it factored in that men pay for women's procedures, or vice versa, or that children's coverages costs were factored into premiums on male or female policies you are utterly wrong.

You keep talking of insurance pools and telling people that is the way "insurance works"" like it is some evenly divided and derived premium and everyone pays for everything even opposite sex procedures to spread the cost around and create premiums. That is how it is now... not before this whole mess that is the ACA.

If you knew anything about how insurance premiums are derived you know it starts with a generalization on the "law of large numbers" then the actuaries who come up with the prices look at historical data specific to each county in every state and look at an immense amount of demographic data over a certain historic period, they look at sex, jobs, birth rate, median income, the types and amounts of doctors, ages, available medical data, they look at how long the average resident in that county stays there and they look at population growth and density... to name a very few things. A little trick they learned from property and casualty companies. Then they come up with rates specific to gender age and general health and group them into categories.

You tell people, just like Obama that the benefits on these new plans are better... and some of them are IF the person ever needed to use them. What most people including myself are upset about is the fact that any choice in our preference has been stripped away, I don't want to pay for mammograms, or pediatric care for myself or my son, I don't want to have to pay premiums for my wife or my daughters to have coverage for prostate exams. A lot of the "10 essential benefits" were already covered under even basic plans before but it was gender specific.

Like you told the guy who was talking about how to adjust a W-4 for with holdings in order to escape a penalty.... if you don't know what you are talking about then shut up. It is clear that you do have a slight grasp of how insurance works... but if you are not a licensed agent (which I am) then stop spouting your nonsense. The ACA will fail... it was designed to fail. And single payer systems are worse.. much worse if we don't have the doctors to meet the demand of the patients... and we don't have the doctors to meet the demand.. where do you think healthcare will go when you have to wait 6 months to see your doctor? How many people do you think are going to spend on average 11 years in medical school and residency to make the same money as some of the more senior nurses?

An estimated 60 million people are going to lose the insurance they chose, that fit their needs and their families by being affordable to them and providing the care they wanted or needed and all you can say is that they are idiots and the new plan is better so go broke and pay up you will love all the benefits most of you will never use.

Good Job!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Sorry I dont agree with 90% of what your saying on this thread as I think Obamacare is a right cock up. And there are far better ways to give affordable healthcare to all.

I'm an advocate for single payer...but I understand why we needed the ACA first.

I don't think any liberal wanted the ACA...it was the compromise that was needed to get something passed...and we needed something passed to stop the stories of kids dying because insurance companies screwed them over. The ACA is our better than nothing...and it will be temporary.

That still doesn't mean I am willing to stand by and let Right Wingers completely lie about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Then you need to budget more appropriately.

If you are bringing home $2000 and your bills are $1600...you are living above your means...plain and simple.

Like I said...your problem is budgeting and having screwed up priorities.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It was working. People paid for medical services. I believe house calls were common, and services were affordable.
Don't you remember, this is the point in time which you laughed and mocked me for mentioning.
Look, I understand you love you some 0bama and more Govt control, but as you will see over the next little bit, most people don't.

You fear life and all that might come with it. Thus bringing your want and push for Govt run health care.
You may look forward to life under the thumb of Govt, but again, many many don't.

I guess you are either too scared to live or not intelligent enough to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join