It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come Clean, Kofi !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is probably the biggest white collar crime
(theft) in recorded history ... and where is the
MSM? This should be on every TV station in
the world. This should wake everyone up to
the fact that the U.N. is a corrupt cesspool
and that it is WORSE than useless ...

Come Clean, Kofi
The U.N. secretary-general ducks responsibilty for the Oil for Food scam.
Claudia Rosett
WSJ Opinionjournal.com

With estimates soaring of graft and fraud under the United Nations Oil for Food program in Iraq, we are hearing a lot about the need to "get to the bottom" of this scandal, the biggest ever to hit the U.N. To get to that bottom will need a much harder look at the top--where Secretary-General Kofi Annan himself resides.

That violates all sorts of taboos. But so, one might suppose, does a United Nations that allowed Saddam Hussein to embezzle at least $21.3 billion in oil money during 12 years, with the great bulk of that sum--a staggering $17.3 billion--pilfered between 1997-2003, on Mr. Annan's watch.

These are the record-breaking new estimates released Monday by the Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, whose staffers, despite Mr. Annan's refusal to cooperate, have spent the past seven months voyaging deep into the muck of Oil for Food. At a hearing Monday, these investigators surfaced to tell us the theft and fraud under Oil for Food was at least twice as bad as earlier reports had suggested, and that all this is just a preview of yet more appalling disclosures they expect to release early next year. Sen. Norm Coleman, the subcommittee's chairman, underscored the urgency of such investigations, noting not only that the size of the fraud "is staggering," but that some of Saddam's vast illicit stash might right now be funding terrorists and costing American lives.

Mr. Annan, by contrast, seems to inhabit a different universe--one in which the chief problem lies not in the U.N.'s complicity, including his own, in the biggest fraud in the history of humanitarian relief, but rather in the attempts to shine any light on all that sleaze. In Annan Land, there was earlier this year no need for any probe into Oil for Food; and even now there is no need for any investigating beyond the U.N.'s own "independent inquiry" into itself, led by former Fed chairman Paul Volcker, required to funnel its findings first through Mr. Annan, funded to the tune of $30 million out of one of the old Oil for Food accounts it is supposed to be investigating, and not planning to clock in with any specific results until sometime next summer.

< full story >

[edit on 11/17/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Kofi Annan will never admit to wrongdoing. It's not in his best interests.

And what do you think about Bill Clinton wanting Annan's job?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Kofi is simply a hand puppet and a public face for the illuminati who are associated to global organizations such as the UN.

Those billions ended up in illuminati bank accounds and Kofi & Co. recieved a very minimal piece of the pie.

If you believe in that shiznizzle stuff..

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is a bigger scandle than "ENRON" ever dreamed of being. Reports yesterday do indicate money went from Saddam directly to suicide bombers in Israel. Where are U libs'................Where is the outrage? The UN directly starved who knows how many kids in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
well i want to know why are the member states not doing the investigations?
its perfectly under their rights.
and they have the means.
want to know what i think?
IMO i think that the member states like this war. the governments loves this because fear is the easiet way to get anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Kofi has been anything but helpful in the effort to get to the bottom of the Oil for Food Scandal. I wonder why does he have anything to hide? This looks like it will turn into the biggest scandal in the history of the UN.

I bet when we find out the whole story of the scandal Mr. Annan will have to resign from the U.N.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well i want to know why are the member states not doing the investigations?
its perfectly under their rights.
and they have the means.
want to know what i think?
IMO i think that the member states like this war. the governments loves this because fear is the easiet way to get anything.

The US has been trying to do an investigation, but the UN keeps blocking us.

And people wonder why so many Americans want out of the UN - they take our money and give it to our enemies

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe the real reason why this has not taken off (at all) in other countries is that this whole 'scandel' is simply partisan garbage from the politically aggresive 'right' in the US who are looking to trash one of the few collective institutions we have left.

I mean, if it hasn't featured as a story outside of 'republican fan monthly' why should anyone give it the slightest credibility irrespective of how many 'links' can be throw together for this?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I bet when we find out the whole story of the scandal
Mr. Annan will have to resign from the U.N.

If justice were to be served then Koffi, his son, Chirac,
and the rest would be in prision. As a previous poster
said .... the 20+ billion that they stole from the Iraqis
took food away from the people, starved children,
took away medicine and health care, left an evil corrupt
government in Iraq that got stronger with the thefts....

Koffi is directly implicated in mass murder and theft beyond
anything ever seen in the history of the world. When he
pretends to be a moral leader and speaks against America
.... it makes me

[edit on 11/18/2004 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join