It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Preparing for Nuclear Attacks on U.S, Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
link - www.newsmax.com...

"If the mock strikes were real, they would kill 125 million Americans in the first three days of such an attack, with tens of millions more casualties in the weeks after."

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
factoring in numerous countermeasures and missile defense systems....oh well...their loss...

$tranger has a comrade!

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i doubt there missles would even get out of their silos

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"Russian military leaders have learned a lesson from the Iraq war, and intend to show the U.S. and its allies their determination to repel any potential threat coming from the West."

What threat? what would the united states gain by invading a huge ass poor country like russia?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
What threat? what would the united states gain by invading a huge ass poor country like russia?

Or iraq or Iran or any country these days for that matter? The only reason we the US should have to invade another country anymore is if that nation requires our presence to defeat hostile forces/regimes. And in mention of that, the only ground troops I even see us useing would be special forces to engage and eliminate terror camp trainers and trainies. Our actual military is in effect useless, because noone posses a actual threat in those terms. Not even China is a serious threat to our armed forces. War is nothing like it used to be, the day war goes back to being in your face and personal is the day a threat is inbound.

[Edited on 16-6-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Did I read the article right?
At one point they said that subs would be launching missiles, right?

So, do you think the Russians spent the entire weekend scraping rust off the sides of their submarines and aircraft?

In all seriousness, though, those 40,000 tactical warheads are kinda scary. It makes you think that those jerks might go for a nuclear Pearl Harbor at the moment when they realize that the USA has, in effect, 'won' history... but, then, again, wasn't there just a study that said beams of neutrons (?) could disable nuclear weapons?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In the event of a real (not manufactured) threat on the US, it is good to know the military track record and recent performance of the Commander In Chief, 'president' George W. Bush.

Years of exemplary service, all fully accounted for.

And excellent in response to actual physical manifestations of attack, as evidenced by his wise decision to continue reading to the children in order to avoid alarming them on 9/11.

I am very satisfied with that man being at the red button, and all the failsafe systems to prevent embarrassing blunders - including the professional intelligence provided by the CIA and OSP, and this administration's ability to critically, appropriately and objectively review their findings.

As a 'leader of the free world', they couldn't come any better.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh great, i guess we're back to the land of the 4 minute warning.

This is the sound of the air attack warning, stop what you are doing and take cover immediately, this country is moments away from attack, please stay tuned to radio for further instructions, do not leave your homes

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   

i doubt there missles would even get out of their silos

A week after the US-led coalition invaded Iraq, the Russian military launched an exercise, showcasing the country's missile might.

On March 27, an operational unit of the Strategic Missile Forces, RVSN, conducted a training launch of the Topol intercontinental ballistic missile (RS-12M). According to the official information, the missile blasted off at 12:27 Moscow Time from a mobile launcher, deployed at the Plesetsk test range. The operational unit of Russia�s Strategic Missile Forces, RVSN, conducted the launch, with the support of Space Forces, KVR.

The firing of the Topol missile became a culmination of a training exercise, which was underway in the Teikovo Division of RVSN in the Ivanovo Region, northeast of Moscow.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Did I read the article right?
At one point they said that subs would be launching missiles, right?

So, do you think the Russians spent the entire weekend scraping rust off the sides of their submarines and aircraft?

In all seriousness, though, those 40,000 tactical warheads are kinda scary. It makes you think that those jerks might go for a nuclear Pearl Harbor at the moment when they realize that the USA has, in effect, 'won' history... but, then, again, wasn't there just a study that said beams of neutrons (?) could disable nuclear weapons?

Russian sub launches inflatable reentry device

Posted: 2002 July 12; updated July 16

A Russian strategic submarine launched a ballistic missile carrying an inflatable reentry device designed to return cargo from orbit to Earth.

The Volna rocket blasted off at 03:58 Moscow Time from the Ryazan strategic nuclear submarine stationed in the Barents Sea, a representative of the Russian Navy said. (The Volna is the "civilian designation" for the R-29RL submarine-based ballistic missile.) The launch targeted the Kura testing ground located on the Kamchatka Peninsula, however several days after the launch, the search team in the area was unable to locate the reentry device and its experimental payload, designated Demonstrator-2.

[Edited on 16-6-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Onlyinmydreams, don't think that the Russians have been sitting around deteriorating since the fall of the Berlin Wall. The funy thing is their weapons upgrade has been accomplished on the American citizens' dime as we've given them aide for years, now.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
their air force would be ripped a new one by ours and they dont have the stealth technology. the us would come out with far fewer casulties than the russians.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

their air force would be ripped a new one by ours and they dont have the stealth technology. the us would come out with far fewer casulties than the russians.

lol what stealth technology?
the one that they shot down in yugoslavia or the f22? btw how many f22 you got?
thats the thing of the past.. it only works against 3rd world countries, an air battle over russia would be impossible because of the thousands of s300 and s400 sam sites, the tomahawks will be shot down like flies by the mig-31s...

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
China is gearing up for war, too. I read that at WND, unfortunately, I could not find the article to post here. Hopefully, in both cases it is just a "what if" scenario, preparing for an unlikely situation. Both China and Russia depend on America for their economies.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well this should be interesting.Seems the whole world is gearing up for war.Let's see the U.S. and Britian is at war Iraq,Afaghanistan and terror.The North Koreans are gearing up.(so they say)China,Russia, hell even France is busy in the Congo.The Middle East is always at war.
There also seems to be a lot of leaders that are not afraid of war.It also bugs me that an x-KGB agent is running Russia.I doubt he has forgotten the cold war.
I wonder how long it will be before something really big happens?
I can't see Russia attacking the U.S. now,I would think their military is still to weak,and lack the funds for any sustained fighting.But in 10 years who knows.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The problem is that all it could take for world war 3 is one nuclear blast, there are already too many countries with nuclear weapons, without Iran/N Korea and Japan, who all seem likely to have nuclear weapons any day. I think any country that launched a nuclear attack on the USA would more than likely be obliterated from the face of the earth, a nuclear attack on Isreal would likely be met with the same response, as with an attack on Britain, it wouldn't be a sensible move by any state to launch a nuclear war with one of the allies.

What does worry me, is the development of mini-nukes, how long before other nations catch up and copy the technology and everyone has mini-nukes. All the major nuclear powers are committed to abolishing their nuclear programs within the next decade, i think it's time they put those thoughts into actions and we live in a world free of nuclear weapons, before it is too late.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We can pray for peace, let's see how far it gets us. The whole globe needs to calm down if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Mini-nukes? That is 1950's tech. I am surprised most nation-states do not already have them.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
interesting

www3.sympatico.ca...

www.monitor.net...

"It seems he has for a minute, for a second, for half a minute, forgotten that Russia has a full arsenal of nuclear weapons."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join