It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a movie out there that " talks " about your own life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I ask this question because I think I've found it ...

The film that I personally think has scenes that make me relive periods of my life is Stand By Me, A Summer to remember ( River Phoenix, Will Wheaton ) ...
I am like the character Gordie , since I write short stories ... and I met in real life , in 2010, a person like the character of Chris ... I swear some scenes with the two of them seem to represent my life on the screen. ..
Since the film also speaks of death , I insert the fact that a few days after seeing this movie for the first time a person of my age group has died , and I was among the last to see him alive ...
In the film, the guys are looking for the body of a boy who died in an accident in the forest ...
Gordie 's brother dies in a car accident , like my classmate did ...

Four months later, in August 2010 (like the August 1959 of the film) I met " Chris " ...

Even the forest of the film reminds me of the woods or forest near my house , which I explored with friends far and wide several times ...

I strongly believe in signs , signals, synchronicities in life because I have experienced moments that were bizarre and extraordinary ...

For me personally it is very very strange that there is this movie ... It may be that many people can identify with these characters, but for me really at a deep level when I see this movie is like exploring my memory ...

I'm still in touch with " Chris " ... and the more you know the more I find that it is similar to this character

Hope to spark some mystic discussion!
edit on 11-11-2013 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

There's so many stories and characters that have been written it would be impossible for one of them not to fit your life experience. That's why I think most people are able to watch shows and movies, that's why fans sometimes feel connections with the characters.

Film is an art form that relies on characterization and story presented through moving images. No one in the world has a completely unique life, it's like that saying "nothing new under the sun". Whatever your life and your experiences have been, chances are someone else has had them as well. Even bigger chance that someone has written about it.

That's my two-cents.
edit on 11-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Well, I bet Michael Jackson and Mother Theresa had enough unique lifes that they would have never found out a movie similar to their lifes apart from possible biographic movies about their real life...

There are tons of people that live a life completely different from everybody else...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

So Michael Jackson....

Child star that has abusive overbearing father and never got to experience childhood who grows up with body issues and might have been psychologically stumped because the abuse at an early age.

That's not a unique character, that character has existed dozens of times throughout history.

The time period is unique, not the characterization.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A Boy And His Dog.

i swear i had a dog that he knew what i was thinking and i knew what he was thinking.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
A Boy And His Dog.

i swear i had a dog that he knew what i was thinking and i knew what he was thinking.

I've seen the movie, the last scene still makes me cry...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
People always said I looked like Arnold from the 80's TV series Different Strokes. Not only do I have the same skin tone and physical resemblance (but I am slightly taller at 5"3') I was also adopted by a white Australian family who were financially very secure.

Even today people still think that I look like an adult version of Arnold Jackson, while others argue I resemble a dark skinned Danny Devito.

But as for life story, I gotta say Arnold.

S & F.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I've seen the movie, the last scene still makes me cry...

what so sad about a boy and his dog having a life saving meal, in a post-apocalyptic world.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Ops, I might have confused it with another movie...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

i understand, there was a movie that came out in the 90's thathad a little white dog in it that dies, many people confuse it with A Boy And His Dog.

i think it was called The Dog Dies at the End, where the dog gets run over by a monster truck/

A Boy And His Dog, is sci-fi movie about a post-apocalyptic world, where a boy, actually he is a young man, communicate telepathically. it is kinda corny and is full of black humor, and is a cult classic.

here is A boy And His Dog on youtube full movie.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

did you start sayin "What you talkin about Willis"

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

If there is a movie which has something to say about my life, with any specific focus, I would not want to watch it, and if I found myself accidentally doing so, I would not enjoy it. I do not believe anyone else would want to sit through it either.

However, that is not to say that there have been no movies which have contained characters which remind me a little of people. My buddies say that I remind them of a few movie characters, including, but not limited to, the fellow from City of Lost Children who blew himself up to destroy the evil characters base.

A pal of mine once sat me down in front of his tv, and insisted that we watch Hostage. I really freaked the dude out, because having never seen the movie, every time the bad guys were about to do something, I would say something like " now, if I was them, I would set the place on fire, because that would unlock all the perimeter doors as a safety feature." which of course would then happen. He's spent the entire time he has known me since then, slightly scared of me for some reason lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't the point of movies to have characters and stories that relate to the viewers?

Even in sci-fi, fantasy and action movies there is some relation of the character to the viewer although in these genres they play to our inner desires and dreams.

A good story strikes emotion, memory and similarity to those who take part in it.

new topics

top topics

join