It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Guardian Angel (?) just saved my life.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You all can think I’m a nutter but my Guardian Angel just saved me. I mean, I just had the scariest yet best experience in well - in almost all my life.

I ran outside in the dusk-almost-dark to snap some lava pics of Mt. Etna. (Etna is a volcano on the island of Sicily that's erupting at the moment. Some of you know I have a thread here on ATS that tracts the progress of her eruptions).

Anyway - I didn’t take my glasses - I was in a great hurry for the shot before I lost the light.

On the top terrace of the vineyard (my favorite place to capture Etna) - I stood shaping a pic. You know like when you’ve got the camera to your eye, sizing things up?

Anyway, Etna was in my site and all I had to do was back up just a bit to get out of the line of a tree when...

I felt someone jerk my vest from behind - hard and to the side. I mean I could feel warm knuckles brush against my neck just under my ponytail when the hand gripped my collar.

I sucked in my breath, looked around - no one was there of course.

Scared me bad. I almost cried it frightened me that deeply.

Then I saw something - and what I saw is still giving me chills.

I was standing right at the lip off the drop off to the lower tier of the land - and in that particular area the drop is a good 15-20 down to jagged rocks.

Whatever jerked my collar saved me a night out under the stars with something broken. Or worse.

I’m still shaking.
Ugh! I’m going to go resize those Mt. Etna pics.

Added note:

I’ll not be back for a while - I need a hot bath or something. I’m a bit freaked. In the mean time share your own life saving stories - ask questions I’ll get to later - debate away - whatever - knock yourselves out - see ya in a bit.

Also - on the life a my ATS avatar this is not trolling or bs’ing or anything like that. In fact - I'll add what I was thinking earlier is I need to go thank God I'm not crumpled up with a broken back or dead at the moment!

Added Note II

Here's the pic. I couldn't wait to check it - just in case I caught an orb or something freaky - but this is the shot I took a few minutes before what I described above.

Later All...
edit on 11-11-2013 by silo13 because: see above

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had a similar experience as a child. I was saved from drowing by an otherwise non-existent person. As I child I chalked it up to a beaver, I think we both know better.

Edit to add; I'm glad your ok.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't think your nuts,

I hold the faith I do, not because it makes sense or it's logic.

I hold it because I experienced things that couldn't or shouldn't of happened but did, things which had a similar effect, my life was saved.

That's what it took to make me change from being an atheist.

So while I can't explain what happened rationally, I know for myself that someone out there gots my back and cares about me enough to intervene.

A little divine intervention goes along way.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
WoW, Silo!

That's quite an experience!!

Thanks for sharing. I've had 4 occasions that similarly averted disaster. Your Angels are always with you; everyone's are...

I have no problem at all believing your anecdote, and I'm very glad to hear of another "near miss" - last one I recall was when you almost set your house on fire...

Thank Heaven for things unseen that make this thing we call "life" so miraculous!

~wild

(ETA: Can we believe you and STILL think you're a nutter?
)
edit on 11/11/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ahhh, i misteri della vita...

link   
Awesome story, I'm happy for you. I like the idea of an invisible protector. :3

link   
Glad you are alive! ...did you look around to make sure no one was there? You said you didn't have your glass's , so maybe someone was there but you couldn't see them....and did you make sure they didn't fall off the lip saving you? ...just a though....but on the other hand, if it was your guardian angel, did you say " thank you!" or anything to them? ...again..just curious .

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for sharing Silo, glad you are OK. I've spent a large portion of my life working my Guardian Angels overtime...

They've not let me down to date.

Des

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My angel/s never helped me with anything. How do I get a new set?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paytaplay

My angel/s never helped me with anything

Have you ever asked them? They are with you always, waiting for you to task them with something.
Try it. But don't make it about a new car or winning the lottery. They operate on a plane very different from simple material greed.

edit on 11/11/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You wear a collar?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Whether your life was saved by a true angel, an extradimensional traveller, a time traveller, you in some extrasensory heightened state of awareness, or any combination of the above may be up to some debate here, but whoever or whatever did this, was miraculous in nature and gets my gratitude for saving you.

There are some things that can shake our very core and foundations. This sounds like it was one of those things for you, silo.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

paytaplay

How do you know they haven't helped...maybe you just didn't see it at the time...speak out loud and ask them for help! But be sure to thank them after....in my opinion they deserve thank yous

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
You wear a collar?

I almost spit my coffee out when I read that...that made me laugh!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow Silo!

What an experience that was! I also thank who ever saved you!

Beautiful picture by the way!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow! You had a lucky escape alright, and I'm glad you did! And thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully other people will share theirs as well. I love reading stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Often I'm left baffled- disbelieving in the face of evidence. But when you hear of some inexplicable event- invisible hands, an external voice; when you see the face of a man light up as he recounts the improbable series of coincidences that saved his life, or that of his child; when you feel yourself uplifted and inspired by the Divine, mantled in light, warmth, safety, joy, your heart bows down before a reality that cannot be explained.

www.beliefnet.com...

We are all connected. Angels included.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

paytaplay

Perhaps it is because the lessons you are learning require no intervention.

A lot goes on behind the scenes, and you can be assured that they do indeed help you out, but maybe just not in the ways you want.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Interesting experience silo , Guardian Angel ? who knows maybe , maybe ESP

Cool shot of Mt. Etna though (thumbs up)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I mean I could feel warm knuckles brush against my neck just under my ponytail when the hand gripped my collar.

Absolute proof of life after death. I've had those moments too. We are all spirits. The physical feeling of a hand grabbing you is not a spasm or a branch brushing against your neck. You experienced it and you know what it was.

Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join