It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kolbrin - Wow!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse

This only tells us it precedes 1950, when the societal values of our time started to change to adopt this.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear. But such productions are ten a penny.

So what? If it says things that speak to people, if it resonates, if it enables anyone at all to improve their lives or become closer to the source of it all, then what does it matter where it came from, how old it is, or who wrote it?

What, if it hasn't been used to spread hate, fear, genocide, and slavery for 2000 years it isn't valid to some and doesn't have anything to say?

Frankly, I don't care if a homosexual heroin junkie from Compton wrote it, if there is wisdom in it, if it makes sense, if it says something to me more relavent than the books of hate the the major religions blindly follow, I'm interested in reading it.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

This only tells us it precedes 1950, when the societal values of our time started to change to adopt this.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear. But such productions are ten a penny.

So what? If it says things that speak to people, if it resonates, if it enables anyone at all to improve their lives or become closer to the source of it all, then what does it matter where it came from, how old it is, or who wrote it?

"If it feels good, do it," as Himmler would have said had he dared.

What, if it hasn't been used to spread hate, fear, genocide, and slavery for 2000 years it isn't valid to some and doesn't have anything to say?

Frankly, I don't care if a homosexual heroin junkie from Compton wrote it, if there is wisdom in it, if it makes sense, if it says something to me more relavent than the books of hate the the major religions blindly follow, I'm interested in reading it.

Feel free. The publishing world always needs more credulous idiots.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Feel free.

In fact I do feel free, free of slavery to hypocritical dogma and the blindness of judgmental preconceptions.

The publishing world always needs more credulous idiots.

... but doesn't need anymore narrowminded zealots who would have everyone live in fear, guilt, and the lonelyness that comes from programmed terror of the unknown, all to enhance their own self-rightousness, misguided ego, wealth, and power over others.

Whatever can be said of The Kolbrin, I don't see legions of self-deceived fanatics using it to impose their hate inspired views and fears on others, or using it to justify 1000s of years of discrimination, persecution, genocide, war, and destruction.

Can that same be said of whatever "holy" book you hold sacred?

In the end, the only fit criteria with which to judge the quality of any religious book are the actions and works it inspires in those who believe it.

In light of that, maybe you should examine your own bookshelf before coming in here and attacking what we choose to explore. Unlike other religious books I could name, no one is trying to force The Kolbrin down anyone's throat or condemn anyone to an eternity of suffering for not following its precepts.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Feel free.

In fact I do feel free... (hate-speech snipped).

The publishing world always needs more credulous idiots.

... but doesn't need ... (more hate-speech snipped)

In the end, the only fit criteria with which to judge the quality of any religious book are the actions and works it inspires in those who believe it. (Yet more hate snipped).

Indeed. In view of the hate-speech and bile you have posted about others -- quite irrelevantly --, and the abandonment of reason you proclaim, you and your book don't do very well, do they?

But do feel free to display, with the utmost freedom, your hate and loathing of reason, and of the religion of others. There are people who are beneath the contempt of all reasoning people. I would recommend you don't stay with them, but then, that is really up to you!

All the best,

Roger Pearse

[edit on 22/12/2005 by roger_pearse]

[edit on 22/12/2005 by roger_pearse]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, Roger, I'm not going to further debase this thread which was about something I consider to be positive by continuing to argue with you.

The fact is, I've read about 20 pages of the online version of The Kolbrin, and find it interesting for the reasons I posted, but haven't explored it enough to say much more than that. I certainly am not declairing it as gospel.

If you choose to take the things I write personally, well, that is your problem, not mine. I call things like I see them. You are of course perfectly free to ignore what I say. In fact, I would prefer that you would. As our definitions of the term "reason" obviously aren't the same, I'll let that go as well. I've had people telling me I was going to hell for not conforming to their beliefs all my life so I usualy feel justified in pointing out what I perceive to be the motivation which leads people to do this. I could be wrong, and I am the first to admit it. I don't claim true knowledge and think very little of anyone who does. If the fact that I'm not afraid to say it offends you, please don't listen.

You believe what you choose. I'll believe what I find to be worthy of belief. We'll both know what's true soon enough, as all living creatures ultimately will.

Go in Peace, Roger, if you can.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The fact is, I've read about 20 pages of the online version of The Kolbrin, and find it interesting for the reasons I posted, but haven't explored it enough to say much more than that. I certainly am not declairing it as gospel.

If you choose to take the things I write personally, well, that is your problem, not mine.

I'm not sure why you thought my comments indicated personal offence; I don't get emotionally involved with my posts if I can help it, since so many people online post purely to enrage or injure. Sorry if you felt hurt by what I posted: no such intention.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh yes and i really aware of people making fake manuscripts and even making stones with planted natural decomposition and ageing. The stone of solomine was one and around hundred other thought to be real ancient artifacts that prove some religious ideas real were found to be fakes.

But if you give me some time I will get all the history fixed so these questions will be answered soon. And if you want to hear a kind of expert on the Kolbrin who actually brought it up along time ago listen to Glenn Kimball on Coast to coast am this Saturday if they replay them in your place or even have it in your country. But for now i need to actually read this bible (book of many books) it’s actually feels like the truth for some reason.

The Kolbrin so far has refreshed me on many things... I will post on that later

EDIT: Amazing thing I just found can not believe i over looked it here

yowbooks.com... go down and listen to
Glenn Kimball, America's Leading
Authority on The Kolbrin Bible

Cut to the Chase with Marshall Masters
YOWUSA.COM Internet Radio Interview
October 23, 2005 [01:05:50]

He talks about the history of it and how it came to be and about everything you needed to know guys.

and here you go compare this to the online version. this is the same one i bought... and im some day going to get the hardback one from thekolbrin.com since i like the book so much lol
yowbooks.com...

[edit on 22-12-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, I did discover one thing. The Mount Lud mentioned in the Kolbrin is the patch of land where there now sits ST. Pauls Cathedral. Not far from there, at a site named Kargwen, there is a chalice hidden...along with a "Grail Stone"...kind'a makes ya wond'a...

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey all, I have recently ordered my copy of The Kolbrin. Not the Amazon version though, the real (well, as real as it may or may not be) one from thekolbrin.com. One of the things I'm extremely curious to see is what 'number' of the book I receive, on the site it says the following:

There are possibly short time delay's in filling the orders, as the books are numbered and printed on demand.

The number alone should give us some idea how many of these are currently in circulation.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
Hey all, I have recently ordered my copy of The Kolbrin. Not the Amazon version though, the real (well, as real as it may or may not be) one from thekolbrin.com. One of the things I'm extremely curious to see is what 'number' of the book I receive, on the site it says the following:

The number alone should give us some idea how many of these are currently in circulation.

Fiveby5, please post your impressions when the book arrives. I find most of what I've read of it online interesting, and am curious about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Fiveby5, please post your impressions when the book arrives. I find most of what I've read of it online interesting, and am curious about it.

Absolutely Ambient, when I receive it I'll give a preliminary impression on the book itself (quality, binding, leather, paper for pages, etc.). Then when I finish reading it through, or perhaps as I finish each section of it, I'll give a cursory overview of them and my thoughts on it. My bank account has been charged for it already and my order status is showing as 'processing' on the website. As he said it can take up to 30 days to receive the book, I'm guessing it will arrive sometime in January.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Fiveby5]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
is when a "Christian" book is believed by non-Christians but not accepted by Christians. That in and of itself makes a person go "hmmmm". Like telling an astrophysicist that the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a legitimate science book. If that's not proof enough, I gotta hand it to Roger, I've not found inerrancy in his research and learned something new today about the popularity of false gospels. Until someone is able to dispute his claim and answer his questions, I think I'll be siding with his school of thought. Thanks for that

Aha! Here is the propaganda (motive):

Jesus was the son of Miriam called Mary, by Joseph.

Joseph, Jesus’ father, died when Jesus was sixteen.
...yadda yadda and so forth about lack of divinity. I recall three other books in modern times of similar theme. All three of which are forgotten by ATS'er, and all the better.

I now see why unbelievers are quick to label it holy.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
is when a "Christian" book is believed by non-Christians but not accepted by Christians. That in and of itself makes a person go "hmmmm". Like telling an astrophysicist that the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a legitimate science book. If that's not proof enough, I gotta hand it to Roger, I've not found inerrancy in his research and learned something new today about the popularity of false gospels. Until someone is able to dispute his claim and answer his questions, I think I'll be siding with his school of thought. Thanks for that

I now see why unbelievers are quick to label it holy.

Wow, do you even read what other people post or does your christian programmed selective ignorance carry over into everything?

For what it's worth, I consider no work of man to be "Holy". I accept no one's dogma at face value. I find this book, The Kolbrin, interesting, again, for the reasons I specify in the postings above, if you actually read what I and others have written in this thread. Why this should bother you who have your place in your heaven reserved and all, I have no idea. Does your God keep score on how many other humans you can decieve or something?

All we really want from you zealots is to be left alone to walk our own paths and find our own answers. Truely. You go worry about your own salvation. If I decide salvation is what I need, I'll seek it out on my own from anywhere I choose.

I don't need your prayers. I don't particularly respect your beliefs becuase of all the evil that christianity is directly responsible for throughout its history, but I do acknowledge your right to have them. All I really desire from you and the myths you worship is silence and the freedom to not have people like you try to force their beliefs down my throat.

I have a history of bashing Christanity. The ironic thing is, because of some of the things I've recently read in The Kolbrin, and after some self analysis involving my motivation for doing it, I've decided that it's not really appopriate to continue being so critical of other's beliefs, or at least being so vocal about it. But you surely make it tempting.

I have to wonder, have you actually read any of The Kolbrin? I've certainly read a good portion of the Bible.

Anyway, like I told Roger, you believe what you want, I'll believe what I find worthy of belief. We'll both know the answers soon enough.

Go in Peace, if you can.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There are just too many biased views on these forums; they only believe what they were taught and told. They never seek to find the truth and whatever doesn’t appeal to them they disregard as crap. I think we should start actually looking into the history of this insteed of just moaning over what you think is right...

Anyways I found some new stuff on the history of the kolbrin

"The documents were written during the intertestamental period, and its final form was intact by the beginning of the second century A.D. The Kolbrin was used as a textbook in religious schools throughout Great Britain and taught all the way up to the time of the Crusades. The Knights Templar eventually took possession of these documents (to protect them from the likes of King Edward I of England)"

If you read up on the history of the Templars after being so called burned at the stake, history is very twisted on who they were. They did indeed start as a monastic military order formed at the end of the First Crusade. I read somewhere something similar to what is the coelbook, and they would have meetings about it and the sense that powers wanted them out of power. The secret meetings and rituals of the knights would eventually cause their downfall. The King of France, Philip the Fair used these rituals and meetings to his advantage to destroy the knights. The real reason for his crushing the Templars was that he felt threatened by their power and immunity. In 1307, Philip, who desperately needed funds, to support his war against England's Edward I made his move against the Knights Templar. On October 13th, 1307, King Philip had all the Templars arrested on the grounds of heresy, since this was the only charge that would allow the seizing of their money and assets. The Templars were tortured and as a result, ridiculous confessions were given.

Like obscene kissing, Homosexuality and Sodomy, Worshipping of the Baphomet, and by the baphomet that was a cover, and the reason they were considered homosexual was because they did not allow marrying or any type of interaction with women, this would be considered falling away from the path to glory. Also the baphomet might of been a excuse to destroy the Kolbrin. But I am still reading on them I am not the one to make such claims just yet..

But I did find alot of other interesting things... ones you would never believe. But are backed up with real facts. Like the voyage of Columbus and his discovery of America has been taught as accepted and indisputable fact and is a platform from which traditional academics are unwilling to budge, and I would like to know those familiar with the voyage of Prince Henry Sinclair, that famed Earl of Orkney who made the voyage nearly a century before Columbus, I know that platform is built upon shaky ground but Natives have said in there text they once had white men come before the 15th century, there are even records of china making colony's on american soil. ( 1421.tv ) I have the book its amazing. I would also recongmend Templars in America .... books really interesting.

Now it all makes sense on how they were saved and I found a three hour history leasons on the Kolbrin.

interface.audiovideoweb.com...

Its really good listen, the man speaking has his facts all together.

www.culdiantrust.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Wow, do you even read what other people post

Yes.

or does your christian programmed selective ignorance carry over into everything?

Ah, name calling, how mature.

if you actually read what I and others have written in this thread. Why this should bother you who have your place in your heaven reserved and all, I have no idea.

It doesn't bother me, but I'm concerned for those who quickly accept when they do not have a place and think this book is the way to get it.

Does your God keep score on how many other humans you can decieve or something?

Nope. I'm not here to decieve anyone, nor do I get any points for helping anyone.

All we really want from you zealots is to be left alone to walk our own paths and find our own answers. Truely. You go worry about your own salvation.

I have no need to worry about my own salvation, it is assured. Also, I'd like to hear more about me and "us zealots". I'm always interested in learning more about myself.

I don't need your prayers.

Very well then, I'll do as you wish.

I don't particularly respect your beliefs becuase of all the evil that christianity is directly responsible for throughout its history...

Ah, blanket accusations, even better.

All I really desire from you and the myths you worship is silence and the freedom to not have people like you try to force their beliefs down my throat.

I've force no-one to do anything. And no, I'm not going to keep my beliefs to myself here. It is a round table.

I have a history of bashing Christanity.

You don't say...

But you surely make it tempting.

Not sure what provoked all these violent reactions.

I have to wonder, have you actually read any of The Kolbrin?

Yes, and quoted it.

Go in Peace, if you can.

Sure thing. I pr...er... hope the same for you since it is apparent by your post here that you are without it.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, I could keep arguing on this thread, but with both you and Roger I've attempted to disengage from the arguement that it seems like you want to continue.

Very well. I said in the above post that I'm going to try to refrain from attacking the beliefs of others, and I don't say things I don't mean. I tried. You seem to want to keep the attacks going. That is what the ignore button is for and you will be the second person in my years here that I've used it on.

Bye now.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well, I could keep arguing on this thread, but with both you and Roger I've attempted to disengage from the arguement that it seems like you want to continue.

Roger put forth some compelling evidence, and it seems irrefutable so far. I'm saying I have no alternative but to trust it. I went even so far to test a piece of the Kolbrin itself for validity and it failed the test. Again, without question or refute...aside from prejudice, bitterness and name-calling which does nothing to aid the search for truth.

Very well. I said in the above post that I'm going to try to refrain from attacking the beliefs of others, and I don't say things I don't mean. I tried. You seem to want to keep the attacks going.

So you admit you're attacking. That is progress. Now, are you able to put down the gun so we can talk... or will you insist on waving it around knowing full well that's what you're doing?

That is what the ignore button is for and you will be the second person in my years here that I've used it on.

Bye now.

I can say anything without you hearing it? That's certainly a point in my favor. I'd rather you jam your fingers into your ears than for you to get upset again though.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
With all of this 'it's real' and 'it's fake' going on, I think it is important to note I'm approaching this book from a purely 'interesting read' point of view. If there happens to be some things within the books which can be confirmed, great, if it is just an amusing read...great. I figure if anything, the book will be a good discussion piece for my library.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
With all of this 'it's real' and 'it's fake' going on, I think it is important to note I'm approaching this book from a purely 'interesting read' point of view. If there happens to be some things within the books which can be confirmed, great, if it is just an amusing read...great. I figure if anything, the book will be a good discussion piece for my library.

I approach this and any religious work in the same way, Fiveby5, and I've never claimed any different. I don't believe that God speaks to humans except through the part of God that I think dwells within each of us. When I say I'm interested in what is written in The Kolbrin, I'm interested in what the men who wrote it thought and their version of the things they claim to have experienced.

Wisdom is wisdom. As I said previously, I don't think wisdom is so common that we can afford to reject any possible source of it without examination. I've found some very positive and inspiring things in the parts of The Kolbrin that I've read, but also some things that I flatly don't believe and in which I'm certainly not prepared to stake my spiritual growth on.

I must apologize to the original poster and those who have contributed to this thread with information and non-judgmental comments. I allowed myself to take part in dragging this thread into an argument, and as I've also said, it wasn't appropriate.

I still look forward to reading non-biased assessments of this intriguing book, and it's not so important to me if it's "fake" or not. What matters to me is what is says about humanity, and what insights it allows me to gain about my own spiritual journey.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I don't think wisdom is so common that we can afford to reject any possible source of it without examination.

Yet when examination was brought up...

I must apologize to the original poster and those who have contributed to this thread with information and non-judgmental comments.

Apology accepted. Thanks for this

I allowed myself to take part in dragging this thread into an argument, and as I've also said, it wasn't appropriate.

No worries, we still love ya.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join