It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kolbrin - Wow!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Have any of you heard of a book called The Kolbrin? I've read about the first 20 pages online and am completley fascinated. This sheds Jesus in a new light to me. It also speaks of a more detailed creation story. If anyone has more knowledge on these manuscipts, please let me know.

The Kolbrin is a series of maunuscripts said to have been salvaged from the Glastonbury Abbey arson in 1184. The Kolbrin said to have a connection with Jesus historically through Joseph of Arimathea, they have been discussed by James McCanney and others. View some of the manuscripts online. It has been rumored that Nikola Tesla acquired some knowledge from this book. In the past, only a very select few, some might say an elite group, have had access to this book. Now, the current caretakers of this ancient knowledge believe ''these are the days of decision, when humankind stands at the crossroad,'' and are making the book available subject to explicit conditions.

www.thekolbrin.com

Given the age of The Kolbrin and the fact that it has been reborn from the fiery ashes several times throughout its history; it remains an excellent collection of stories. The individual chapters are rarely related as there is no real story or message that ties one particular scroll or tablet with another, but each contains its own pearls of wisdom that can be realised when used in conjunction with other available information.

As with any good religious text, The Kolbrin contains information on topics such as:

Hymns
Laws
Prayers
Creation of man
Deluge
God
Jesus
Moral teachings
Enlightened teachings
End times
While the book merely claims to be a transmitter of ageless wisdom, the sum of its parts does equate to a very distinct spiritual philosophy that can be used to enhance ones life if understood and acted upon correctly.

www.yowusa.com...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why is it that all these mystical type sites have the absolutely worst designs? You�d think god would teach them a thing or three about layout, spacing, taste, etc..

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No one has a take on this? If any of these writings could be verified by history, dates, people, or places talked about, this could be huge.

I'll be getting a copy so I can begin some historical research into the above.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I haven't gotten all the way through it yet. I paid $70 for it, got it from an Australian site.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi - I've been trying to find this book on-line. Went to the url you gave but for the life of me I can't find the 'link' there where to read it within the site. Can you help??

Karen

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I Know I have heard of the Kolbrin from somewhere...oh yeah, Douglas Monroe's books on Druidry, and it was spelt Coelbren, it was allegedly a "secret alphabet" used by the Druids. Kind of like the Ogham. I would say that the Kolbrin book, may have been mistaken. But it is known that Douglas Monroe used fabricated material supposedly going back to a guy named Sion of Morganwgg or somesort of personage. Supposedly connected to the Pheryllt Manuscripts, which were also concocted.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This was pretty much a dead subject, but I saw someone quoting from this book and was a bit curious.

Let's just say I'm very skeptical about this book, but since someone asked where they could find it.....

Read The Kolbrin online

[edit on 12-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
This was pretty much a dead subject, but I saw someone quoting from this book and was a bit curious.

Let's just say I'm very skeptical about this book, but since someone asked where they could find it.....

Read The Kolbrin online

[edit on 12-12-2005 by dbates]

wow someone actually read that and I did not think I gave a good example on the post, since i was dead tired when I wrote it. But lol what a quincidence i did a search and pulled this forum up and happen to find a link quoting me saying something about the kolbrin.

www.ancientmanuscripts.com...

Glenn Kimbell was on Coast to Coast am today talking about the kolbrin and its history i learn something new from him every time he comes on. Seems its history is much more then what is said in this post. I actually never read a page of the Kolbrin lol. I just bought it though on amazon, some people seem to think its related to the gnostic bible but its not. The Kolbrin only has one god in it from what i know.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the link dbates i intend to read that. i was going to buy the book now i can save some $$$$

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I did not know this existed.

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Someone should forward this to Weiser Press, and then see if they can dupe it and lower the cost to a decent Twenty-Five bucks.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I heard the show last night also and cant wait
to read more on this. Sounds fascinating.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just be aware of two things. The entire Kolbrin is not readable online. Maybe half of it.

Also, the version of the Kolbrin you can buy at amazon.com is not the same as the one you can order from thekolbrin.com. I had emailed the webmaster at their site and he told me that the only version of the Kolbrin that is 100% legit is the one offered on their site.

I can't remember exactly, but they are either in a court battle or preparing for one against the author of the amazon.com version.

Just felt like giving everyone a heads up. If anyone has heard different, let us know.

Blessed be.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
Just be aware of two things. The entire Kolbrin is not readable online. Maybe half of it.

Also, the version of the Kolbrin you can buy at amazon.com is not the same as the one you can order from thekolbrin.com. I had emailed the webmaster at their site and he told me that the only version of the Kolbrin that is 100% legit is the one offered on their site.

I can't remember exactly, but they are either in a court battle or preparing for one against the author of the amazon.com version.

Just felt like giving everyone a heads up. If anyone has heard different, let us know.

Blessed be.

Glenn Kimball said he got the rights to sell a version on his page... at least thats what he said in his last news letter lol

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If this in an ancient text then there is no copyright, anyone should be able to publish it. Of course whoever translated it should own the rights to the translation. Still, you would think that the owners of such a religious document would want the "truth" available to everyone. Personally, I'd like to see scans of the original doc so we could just translate it ourselves...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Have any of you heard of a book called The Kolbrin? ...
The Kolbrin is a series of maunuscripts said to have been salvaged from the Glastonbury Abbey arson in 1184. The Kolbrin said to have a connection with Jesus historically through Joseph of Arimathea, they have been discussed by James McCanney and others.

This is an example of the forged gospel; a genre that has existed ever since the second century of the Christian era and is still a cottage industry today. Every nation and language-group has its examples. A few were reviewed by E.J.Goodspeed, whose work is online here: www.tertullian.org...

Some comments by M.R.James on another are here:www.users.globalnet.co.uk...

All these works have certain characteristics. They are often very vague as to the origin of the text, and resort to evasive assertions. In this case we may reasonably ask:

* In what language was this text written originally?
* What manuscripts existed at Glastonbury; in which medieval texts discussing that institution is it referred to; in which medieval catalogues of the library?
* Who precisely owns the typescripts today?
* What evidence is there for the story of origins in the 20th century?
* Who is it that says there is any connection with Glastonbury?

In the absence of all these, we may reasonably dismiss it as a modern production. SHOW US THE MANUSCRIPTS.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse

The Kolbrin is a series of maunuscripts said to have been salvaged from the Glastonbury Abbey arson in 1184. The Kolbrin said to have a connection with Jesus historically through Joseph of Arimathea, they have been discussed by James McCanney and others.

This is an example of the forged gospel; a genre that has existed ever since the second century of the Christian era and is still a cottage industry today. Every nation and language-group has its examples. A few were reviewed by E.J.Goodspeed, whose work is online here: www.tertullian.org...

All these works have certain characteristics. They are often very vague as to the origin of the text, and resort to evasive assertions. In this case we may reasonably ask:

* What manuscripts existed at Glastonbury; in which medieval texts discussing that institution is it referred to; in which medieval catalogues of the library?

In the absence of all these, we may reasonably dismiss it as a modern production. SHOW US THE MANUSCRIPTS.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

National Geographic channe now!!! Science unlocks the bible or something.
I know someone who has contact with the people who own the manuscripts.
www.ancientmanuscripts.com
Go contact this guy he was on the air a few times and mentioned alot of info on it but that was to far in the past for me to say off the top of my head and I just got my "The Kolbrin" today in the mail and all i can say is wow read the Book of Morals and Precepts this has changed my life already, I read 34 chapters already and its explaned so many holes in what I seek in life just in this one part of this bundle of text. I would just read it first then look into the history later.

Edit: I found this

The first books of this text were started shortly after the completion of Hebrew Torah (Old Testament) and largely completed, as the first books of the Christian Bible (New testament) were first being penned. Lovingly cared for by succeeding generations, the orignal manuscripts were copied to bronze sheets and stored in copper clad boxes to protext the manuscripts, which subsequently survived a fire that consumed the Glastonbury Abbey in England buring the early 12th century. It is fortuitous for those of us living present that these anchient texts have survived the centuries...

But this is to good to be modern theres no homosexuals, gay marriage, communistic ideas.ect writen into it, it follows the same beat as some books in the bible.

"A man is not a man in the eyes of God according to the standards of men but according to the standards of God."

I mean you dont hear that everyday and the whole Kolbrin like every sentence is really great this is the first religous text im actually into.

And for some reason people get this mixed up with gnostic believes, so wrong.

Oh and I looked at the list on that page. I have already read most of those and none of them are in the Kolbrin (from what i browses just now i might be wrong but im 96% curtian)

[edit on 21-12-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

[edit on 21-12-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've read some of this online over the past several days. I do have to say, the reasons and purpose for why we are here, what God supposedly wants from us and what we need to do to fulfill our purpose are much more coherant and logical than almost all of the other religious texts I've read. It is also interesting to note that this is not being put forth as absolute truth by the people making it available. They don't try to use fear to make people believe. They seem to appraoch it from the viewpoint of "Here is some wisdom we've found and this is the form we found it in. Make of it what you will."

The introduction, the part from those in the past to us in the future is pretty moving and I think a lot more of what they are saying than I do of what is said by those from other religions who have nothing better than to say "believe what we tell you or burn for eternity".

I for one, will be buying this book. It's not something that I'm prepared to blindly put faith in or claim to be absolute truth, but I've found some wisdom and some positive things in the parts of it that I've explored so far, certainly enough to justify exploring it further.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Okay I actaully started looking the front pages of my copy of the Kolbrin and here "A brief History of The Kolbrin", so here I go copying it from the book so if theres spelling errors its all me.

The kolbrin is an anthology of works by many authors, most of whome are unknown now. Therefore determining an exact timeline is imposible. However, some of the books include stories that are remarkably similar to stories from the Biblical Old Testament. The writers seemed to tell these stories from either direct or indirect personal experience. Other books were written in the earliest years of the Current Era, and one book, The Book of Wisdom, was modernized in the nineteenth century from two books that were written shortly after the close of the Biblical period.

Some of the original manuscripts were written on thin sheets of bronze in an effort to protect them from destruction. These bronze sheets were kept in copper-clad boxes to offer the best protection for the manuscripts. This collection became known as the bronzebook of Britain. It wsa combined with another collection, called the Coelbook, to become The Kolbrin.

The manuscripts were stored in Glastonbury Abbey until a fire nearly destroyed it in 1181. According to their official website, glastonburyabbey page
Glastonbury is "traditionally the oldest above-ground Christian church in the world." The ruins of Glastonbury abbey are located in the town of Glastonbury, the county of somerset, England.

Some direct correlatoins exist between passages from The Kolbrin and the historical timeline of the abbey, as the official site suggests.

And that is all im typing lol

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

Originally posted by roger_pearse

National Geographic channe now!!! Science unlocks the bible or something.
I know someone who has contact with the people who own the manuscripts.
www.ancientmanuscripts.com
Go contact this guy ...

I have seen this site. It contains only assertions of the same kind.

Surely it is for those who are asserting this to produce their documents and get them validated by professional manuscripts scholars, before promoting them to the rest of us?

The first books of this text were started shortly after the completion of Hebrew Torah (Old Testament) and largely completed, as the first books of the Christian Bible (New testament) were first being penned.

Evidence?

Lovingly cared for by succeeding generations,

Who? Evidence?

the orignal manuscripts were copied to bronze sheets and stored in copper clad boxes to protext the manuscripts, which subsequently survived a fire that consumed the Glastonbury Abbey in England buring the early 12th century. It is fortuitous for those of us living present that these anchient texts have survived the centuries...

In what language are these? Evidence they exist?

But this is to good to be modern theres no homosexuals, gay marriage, communistic ideas.ect writen into it, it follows the same beat as some books in the bible.

This only tells us it precedes 1950, when the societal values of our time started to change to adopt this.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear. But such productions are ten a penny.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join