Homeless Veterans: A United States Black Eye

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A shame, but when was it really an different?
Those that plan and profit from the wars, do NOT care one little bit about the people sent to fight them. In fact, having them come back wounded is a burden to them, apart from a campaign photo-op with a cripple of course!

In this day and age, I am still surprised that anyone even volunteers to join the military, knowing as we do so many of the lies historically used by the privileged elites to start the wars. Even more so when we see all the time how injured troops are treated by those who send them to war. The idea that they are fighting to protect MY freedom is sickening and has to be one of the biggest lies and propaganda efforts ever dreamed up by the sociopaths at the top.

That is one of the main reasons I refuse to wear a poppy each year. Never again, being the theme, but then it's back to business as the war machine needs feeding and the politicians and bankers demand it. After all, if peace broke out, how would they afford that new mansion, swanky yacht or higher political office and all the trappings that they crave?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

People join the military still for a plethora of reasons. There are still many people who think the government can do no wrong and trust every reason we are overseas. There are others who see the military as a means to getting a college education. Then there are the unlucky ones where the military is still the best means to escape crippling poverty and ghettos. Unfortunately, the people in charge are aware of all these things and have no fear that they will ever be understaffed miltaristicly.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

The answer is pretty simple, and very old. When the profiteers of war realize it is coming to an end, they have no use for you anymore because now you are a human problem that costs money. The solution, is for veterans, people of color, people of faith, women, the old, all parties, everyday struggling americans, STOP looking at each other as the enemy.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Not my story, but some of my experience as an AF instructor.

A kid with no job experience is approached by a recruiter, telling him they can give him training, which can help him with a job when he gets out. For some that is all it takes. Not to mention the networking, and staying in touch, etc., I was AF not army or Marines, not sure what inspires the infantry guys. For those that haven't been there, the military, from basic on, is a fairly unique experience. I spent 7 years there and enjoyed most of them. For some of these kids, especially those from economically depressed areas, this is there ticket out.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join