It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different way to focus on Nov 11th. Light shines on headstone of Unknown Soldier at 11 AM --webca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Respects to all.

I just discovered this item on the national war museum site, having never visited it nor heard of it before. At precisely 1045 AM, the webcast will begin as daylight shines through the window and its rays make their way to the headstone of the Unknown Soldier at precisely 11 AM.

On November 11, 1918, at 11 a.m., the First World War came to an end. It lasted over four years, killed or injured nearly 30 million military personnel and devastated some of the world’s biggest empires. It changed the future of people, countries and continents.

Since I can't get to any ceremony this year, I want to get away from watching the corrupt politicians laying wreaths and taking photo ops, so I am opting for a meditation session on the injured as well as the Unknown Soldier instead. If you are so inclined, I invite you to join me for a different way of reflecting on war and armistice and thinking of that unknown soldier, no matter what country you reside in.

You can watch the webcast here

new topics

join