It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Highly Disturbing Footage of Detainee Abuses in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hello

Sry if this has been posted I searched and did not see it.

Rolling Stone posted this video of what appears to be Afghan soldiers whipping a prisoner while American soldiers look on.

They have his hands and feet tied up and put him on his belly and whip his bare butt..

It does look like a couple of American special forces are present

www.rollingstone.com...

Not much is said in the video. The Afghans discuss how to hold down the prisoner in Pashto-accented Dari; the man screams, in Kandahari-accented Pashto, "oh my father" as he is whipped, and pleads with his captors that he will tell them whatever they want to know. Afterward, the uniformed Afghan leans over and asks him if he has any weapons, which the prisoner denies. (A spokeswoman says that ISAF is aware of the video, and has referred it to the Army’s Criminal Investigation Command, which also confirmed an ongoing investigation.)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I've been whipped with a switch tell my blank bled. They caned an American teen in Thailand. Am I supposed to be appalled that American's watched? Tens of thousands of Americans watched the video of Taliban beheading Daniel Pearl. I find that more appalling.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ok - torture is bad...but seriously, I think my mom has probably beat my ass worse than that before...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

coldkidc
Ok - torture is bad...but seriously, I think my mom has probably beat my ass worse than that before...

yep that's exactly what I thought lol. The title is from Rolling Stone

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thats not a belt. Its electrical cord with a loop at the end. A Lot more painful than a "switch" or whatever mums hit you with.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I'm so shocked the first 3 responses think this is okay.

Beating someone - not okay.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
No no, you have it wrong, we are showing the Afghans Freedom..

I am sure they all went out and watched American Idol and had a beer together.
edit on 11/11/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Don't they have pyramids in Afghanistan?
Give him one for me

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I wont watch it. Have enough trouble watching videos of cops attacking citizens stateside let alone seeing what our government is doing overseas.

Isnt this part of the BS reason that our government gave us for hating Saddam, that he used to torture his own people. The exact same thing our government did to the Iraqis as soon as they got into power (Abu Ghraib).

So whos going to liberate these people from the Americans?

After our government overthrew Iran in 1953, one of the things they did was train their secret (SAVAK) police in torture techniques.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

edit on 11-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

It would be wrong if someone did it to them or their loved ones.

Doing it to people you dont care about is fine, duh.

Rest assured, its coming.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Does anyone notice a trend in most of the (apologetic) replies?

Turn the tables around, have Afghans presiding over whites made to (perform fellatio on each other at gunpoint, as in Abu Ghraib) or whip piggy lord of the flies style on camera.. and lord knows what off cam!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

And worse yet, beating a prisoner in your custody and thusly protection.

What the hell have we become as a nation when this behavior get excused...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

gladtobehere
I wont watch it. Have enough trouble watching videos of cops attacking citizens stateside let alone seeing what our government is doing overseas.

Isnt this part of the BS reason that our government gave us for hating Saddam, that he used to torture his own people. The exact same thing our government did to the Iraqis as soon as they got into power (Abu Ghraib).

After our government overthrew Iran in 1953, one of the things they did was train their secret (SAVAK) police in torture techniques.

You are right. The Gulf War started when I was in the 4th grade. I asked my father because they weren't detailed enough for me in school. He told me some basic information and included that Saddam "tortured people" and that we here in USA didn't do that. I was so proud to be an American.

Now here we have USA torturing people. Other countries hating us because of it. I hope foreigners know all of aren't like that and don't condone it in the least bit. (Not that a person would know from the IGNORANT comments above about how it's all okay...)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Ameilia
reply to post by goou111

Coward.

Ever heard the saying WAR is hell? It is. It's not for civilian eyes. That's a cake walk.

Your post above says it all. Pack your # up and move. True Americans will thank you.

Bye

edit on 11-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

gladtobehere

You're another one that's got to go. Go live in one of the countries you mentioned.

What? You won't? Why? Because you won't be protected? That's what I thought.

Why don't you and your fellow American bashing liberate them?

What's that? You won't? Why? Because you'd rather sit on your computer and complain

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

nightstalker78

Ameilia
reply to post by goou111

Coward.

Ever heard the saying WAR is hell? It is. It's not for civilian eyes. That's a cake walk.

Your post above says it all. Pack your # up and move. True Americans will thank you.

Bye

edit on 11-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

A coward is someone who resorts to the same evil as the one he is fighting.

A hero is someone who stands up for what he beleives and refuses to compramise even at risk to himself.

Your country has a constitution and a bill of rights that sets down some clear rules of conduct. If you break it then what good are they? Why are you any diffrent from those who dont have any rules of conduct?

Fine toture and beat people. But first you need to rip up your bill of rights or write a new one and you need to remove your slogan of land of the free. Do what you want but it is what it is and you can dam well be honnest about it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
while i don't condone torture. i have to say a spanking is hardly anything like what the taliban does.
at least their not shoving pieces of wood under fingernails or toe nails, or holding molten pieces of metal to his flesh, or squeezing his testies with a pair of plairs, or shoving forigen objects up his retum, or cutting him repeatedly, until he talks then cutting his head off or shoot him in the head.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

crazyewok

Your country has a constitution and a bill of rights that sets down some clear rules of conduct. If you break it then what good are they? Why are you any diffrent from those who dont have any rules of conduct?

Fine toture and beat people. But first you need to rip up your bill of rights or write a new one and you need to remove your slogan of land of the free. Do what you want but it is what it is and you can dam well be honnest about it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

What dose this have to do with the US constitution or the US's bill of rights, nothing. Its the afgan army addministring the punishment. Oh I get, because US soldiers are observing the punishment its the US's fault.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

The beatings wii continue until morale improves, huh? Do real Americans a favor and charge a machine gun nest.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
♫ America, America, God shed his grace on thee... ♫

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join